What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Predictions On Where We'll Finish

LOL at these idiots, the Bulldogs have been going great guns this year. And who really cares if they paid overs for their new recruits? As long as the team is under the cap who cares what their being paid, their doing the job and winning games!

jimmythehand

Juniors
You ate alot of words in 2008 JimmytheNeville i cant believe u havent shut your mouth and let ur over's side just do the talking.
tell me one word I ate in 2008?

If you can't find one, please admit that you're a complete wanker.

Bulldog Force

Referee
You ate alot of words in 2008 JimmytheNeville i cant believe u havent shut your mouth and let ur over's side just do the talking.
I'm not having a go at you, but can you please advise us how we're paying over for our players considering our team is one of 3, and the only NSW team, that have lost only 1 game so far this year? :?

LL3

Juniors
tell me one word I ate in 2008?

If you can't find one, please admit that you're a complete wanker.

Unfortunately Jimmy not everyone has the time to live on here and find every post you made re the Dogs and other issues in 08, but i saw and read many and you're a TOOL that had major EGG on your face, go get a spoon an wipe it off, im sure you have one handy.:p

LL3

Juniors
I'm not having a go at you, but can you please advise us how we're paying over for our players considering our team is one of 3, and the only NSW team, that have lost only 1 game so far this year? :?

Are you saying Hannant, Ennis, Stagg, Morris left sunny Brisb and Wollongong to come to Belmore for a lifestyle change?

Or did they leave Bennet to be coached by Moore?

I got a quite a few Dogs mates who have some knowledege, you paid overs to get them why else would they come down!!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Are you saying Hannant, Ennis, Stagg, Morris left sunny Brisb and Wollongong to come to Belmore for a lifestyle change?

Or did they leave Bennet to be coached by Moore?

I got a quite a few Dogs mates who have some knowledege, you paid overs to get them why else would they come down!!
Sunny Wollongong?

They came to Belmore because we had more money to offer them - remember SBW, Mason and Reni leaving? The left us with over $1,000,000 to spend. We paid them what they were worth, not overs. They grew from the young players they were at their respective clubs and have picked up quite a lot of value along the way. We are paying them what they are worth now, not what they were worth when they first started at those clubs.

And a prime example of us NOT paying overs, is David Stagg. When Reni had his contract torn up for multiple breaches, that left us with $250,000 spare. What did we do? We signed David Stagg for $190,000. There you go. We buy a better player and work horse and save $60,000 in the process. I think what you say has some Merit as in the past we did pay overs to some players, but those days are gone. A new CEO, club management and Bullfrogs own son are bringing us back to the glory days of Frontline Club Management. We are taking care of our players, enforcing stricker dicipline codes and putting all the players in our club on notice. We'll take care of you, if you respect the club.

Firm but fair.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Overs? They're performing, how is it that we've paid them overs if we're getting full value out of these blokes?

jimmythehand

Juniors
Unfortunately Jimmy not everyone has the time to live on here and find every post you made re the Dogs and other issues in 08, but i saw and read many and you're a TOOL that had major EGG on your face, go get a spoon an wipe it off, im sure you have one handy.:p

you don't have to find every post, you just have to find one.

or are you a complete wanker?

jimmythehand

Juniors
:D

"They came to Belmore because we had more money to offer them"

That's my point, thank you!!

Fair !!

Maybe we're better at identifying talent, and paid the proper market price for the players. Maybe the other teams were offering UNDERS for the players.

Evidence? Look at the competition ladder.

You got anything to support the idea that we paid overs? All you've given at the moment is we paid more than other teams were willing to, which is a very weak argument given most teams can't pay what they want to pay players because of the salary cap.

By the way I'm still waiting in anticipation for you to provide a post where I got egg on my face. I'm going to humiliate you even further. But you probably already realise that so won't bother looking. Let me give you a tip - if you click on my username there's a quick link to view all my posts.

*rubbing hands with glee*

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
:D

"They came to Belmore because we had more money to offer them"

That's my point, thank you!!

Fair !!
Oi this schmuck is this.

Listen. They were getting paid x amount at their previous clubs as they were young. They grew into quality established first graders and as a result, their value went up. Their previous clubs couldn't pay them their NEW market value, so the Bulldogs, who had $1,000,000+ free when SBW, Mason and Reni left DID have that money. The Bulldogs paid them their NEW value. Simple question - If you were offered $100,000 from you current club, however another club came and offered you $50,000 more, which would you take?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Simple equation for LL3:

3rd. Bulldogs
4th or below: your team :)

Bulldog Force

Referee
Mate, you don't win the competition after 6 rounds.

The ladder means sh*t all at the moment.
No one here has made that claim. Our point is we signed players to get a job done. We're 5/6 so far - seems like they're getting the job done to me. Barely any time to gel together either mind you.

Bodsy

Juniors
No one here has made that claim. Our point is we signed players to get a job done. We're 5/6 so far - seems like they're getting the job done to me. Barely any time to gel together either mind you.

Mate it's been basically implied when you've got someone showing everyone the ladder practically bragging. It means nothing

You're on 8 points not ten.

If Souths can hold onto the ball I think we have a much better chance of improving.

We have a lot of work to do.

jimmythehand

Juniors
bodsy we're only defending claims from idiots that we paid "overs" for players. How else are we supposed to defend that claim except pointing to the ladder? We're not bragging, we're just defending our team's recruitment from outlandish claims.

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
Mate it's been basically implied when you've got someone showing everyone the ladder practically bragging. It means nothing

You're on 8 points not ten.

If Souths can hold onto the ball I think we have a much better chance of improving.

We have a lot of work to do.
Yes we are - however I never said we're on 10 points, but we do have 5 wins against our name.

Bodsy

Juniors
Yes we are - however I never said we're on 10 points, but we do have 5 wins against our name.

True that, but you may as well rule that win out.

It counts for nothing.

I think if Ennis stays healthy, then you guys will easily make the top 6.

If he gets injured or suspended, you guys might be in trouble.

he is your team at the momment, everything revolves around him.

But good luck.

LL3

Juniors
Maybe we're better at identifying talent, and paid the proper market price for the players. Maybe the other teams were offering UNDERS for the players.

Evidence? Look at the competition ladder.

You got anything to support the idea that we paid overs? All you've given at the moment is we paid more than other teams were willing to, which is a very weak argument given most teams can't pay what they want to pay players because of the salary cap.

By the way I'm still waiting in anticipation for you to provide a post where I got egg on my face. I'm going to humiliate you even further. But you probably already realise that so won't bother looking. Let me give you a tip - if you click on my username there's a quick link to view all my posts.

*rubbing hands with glee*

Again why would these players come to your club:-
Cause you have a great coach?
Belmore is the new GCoast?
Winning the spoon was a carrot?

Are you still saying they came for unders? Simple yes or no will suffice?

Humiliate, i'll give you the definition, look in you're draws? what do you see?

Latest posts