What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your single greatest and worse moment as a supporter.

Knightmare

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
Guess something in the water at Newcastle must have erased your memory, allow me to remind you..

ws-148.jpg

Man you must feel cut at your team being pipped by that team of losers at your own home ground! :LOL:

bluesbreaker

Bench
Stranger said:
Yeah i know how ya feel. After the game i got tackled by a man of a parra fan... hit me from behind.... lucky there was a huge amount of newi/parra fans that surrounded us shortly after...

LOL! My dad and I got into a punchup at a servo at Ryde on the way home from the 01 grand final, everyone must've been going psycho that night.

best
1996 semi final- sharks vs brisbane. first sharks game i actually saw them win at the ground (previously i had only seen canberra slaughter them at bruce). peacey scored a great try and it was a great day to be a sharks fan.

worst.
"39 years and won f**k all"
speaks for itself really

Grand Final wins & losses are the obvious choices for both best & worst, so other than these

Best - Making the Grand Final of 96 after our side was torn apart at the start of the comp because of Super League*. No coach, no major sponsor, half our side missing at the start of the comp. Other than the Man, we had no real big name players - they all were solid performers with big hearts. Each of the three semis of that Year (beating Raiders, Roosters & Norths) were the most intense games I've experienced - we were huge underdogs for all 3. I was at the Leagues club for the GF - we were all gutted but equally proud of what the guys had accomplished.

Beating Newcastle in Semi of 92 (3-2) and Cronulla in Prelim final of 99 come close for atmosphere at the ground.

Worst - see * above. Super League killed our game for a long time. nospam49 said it first, I concur.

Just on the 96 GF, what also made me proud was seeing Anthony Mundine come out onto the ground. He had tears in his eyes coming out of the tunnel & during the national anthem - largely going un-noticed. He was signed to the dreaded Super League the following year - but throughout the semis & GF he busted his guts for the club, and getting to that GF meant so much to him and he knew what it meant for the club.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
Best - 94 GF, seeing Mal go out a winner.

Worst - Maybe the 95 semi final vs the dogs. It was such a frustrating game after such a promising season. The bulldogs forwards just dominated us in the wet conditions. We haven't really been a contender since.

Scott

Bench
Best - full time at the end of Prelim final vs the Sharks in 2002. Actually realising that we were playing in the Grand Final was a great feeling.

Worst - Norths loss to St George in 96 Prelim Final. That one really really hurt.

DonMak

Juniors
Best moment: Grand final win '05, the best feeling being there
Best game i was at: Magpies beating Norths with a last min field goal in 96

Worst moment: Magpies gone in '99
Worst game i was at: Watching tigers get flogged by 50 something at oki with 8 dragon mates sh*t stirring me the whole time

Surely

Post Whore
Worst: 78 draw with greg hartley, consequent loss in replay.

Best: I'll let you know when it happens.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Best: '99 preliminary final against Sharks. 8-0 down (they could have been 20 ahead, but they are bigger chockers than us) at halftime. Then The Man came to the 4, A hat-trick & flip to finish it off.
" MUNDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE " - Rabs

Worst: Came one week after. Up 14-0 at halftime. Very hard to swallow, especially surrounding the controversial cirumstances of the loss.

Other good ones include this years ANZAC victory, & them starting to work as a unit.
Bailey taking out both the Johns brother within a week.
Blacklocks try in the '99 GF

gregstar

Referee
greatest moment - '79 grand final win - although i had a wicked migrane & if only i knew how long i'd be waiting for another win!

worst moment - '85 grand final - we were the best club by a mile - we won the club championship by a record margin - we were minor premiers in all three grades & if not for the first grade loss by a point, we would have been the only club in history to be major & minor premiers in all three grades. furthermore, 38 of the 55 players were from the st george district (exceedingly rare)
in '85 we were truly great but in the big one, the dogs tackled us out of the game.
'99 was fairly tragic as well

Murphdogg1

Juniors
Best moment

2003 Semi Final Warriors v Bulldogs 48-22
Played almost a perfect attacking game, Francis Meli 5 tries, absolutely awesome

Worst Moment

Loss to Penrith Panthers 2004 at Ericsson, cant remember score but was devastated because everyone had high expectations of the Warriors, unlike normally

melon....

Coach
Renowned League Expert said:
Best -- 2002 grand final win.
Worst -- 2004 grand final. Every loss since has felt like water off a duck's back. That one really hurt.
2002 - agreed.
2004 - agreed....thanks to Da Finchy with his crap inside balls that hit everyone around the shoulders. WHAT A f**kWIT!!!

LESStar58

Referee
* 1999 Premiership
* First home game at Olympic Park
* Wiping the floor with Anthony Mundine in the "rematch" at the G
* beating the Parrascum in the prelim in 1999
* The grandstand dedication and the 50-4 demolition job of the Broncos that followed, 2005

Worst
* Chris Anderson pissing off
* Crowds in general
* constant criticism but Dickhead Fitzwanker, Gould, hadley etc.

jamesgould

Juniors
Best: Nothing can beat 97, seems to be forgotten these days what massive underdogs we were, I didn't think we'd get within 10! 01 was fantastic as well, although I did expect us to win that time around (our record with Johns playing that season was almost perfect).

Also in 2001 I saw my first game at the ground, Knights vs Warriors at Ericsson. It was a top game for entertainment, Knights won, and loitering around after the game I got invited into the dressing room! Can still remember walking round getting autographs and chatting to all these players I'd only ever seen on the telly before that day, it was unreal.

Worst: I don't know how any Knights fan could not put the 2000 GF qualifier vs the Roosters here, I was down for months afterwards. I thought we were shoe-ins before the game, we had it in the bag at halftime, we were sending off Butterfield, Matty Johns, Shiels, Fairleigh and Rauhihi, and it turned to custard in 5 minutes. Still have it on tape, rewatched it a few months ago, got me so mad haha.

This year sucked too, but it was more a slow realisation that it was all over and we were hopeless ... not the sudden bullet in the stomach of 2000!

mepelthwack

Juniors
Bernster said:
Worst -

2 - Loosing to the West Tigers Netball Team in the Grand Final

Best -

1 - Flogging the Parrascum and getting into the grand Final

2 - Beating the Broncoscums at Dairy Farmers Stadium in the 2004 Semis

You 'loosed' very comfortably some 3 times straight to the mighty Premiers.

Do you feel robbed or just plain unlucky?

Parra_Eels

Bench
Best - 2001 season but one match. (best moment of that season when we beat broncos 28-12 at ANZ with more Parra fans than broncos fans that night)
Worst - 2001 GF, This years PF (still copping sh*t) - 98 PF, 99 PF, 2000 PF

Latest posts