What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your starting team for 2011

IFR33K

Coach
Does anyone think it may be a risk having both Moi Moi and webb together on the field at one time. Both are not the fittest players in the league, and this may be a real issue for SK. The beast from the middle East, Tim Mannah is going to have to turn into a 60 minute player, IMO.

On a positive note, I really think we are going to have a better season then what people think.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Does anyone think it may be a risk having both Moi Moi and webb together on the field at one time. Both are not the fittest players in the league, and this may be a real issue for SK. The beast from the middle East, Tim Mannah is going to have to turn into a 60 minute player, IMO.

On a positive note, I really think we are going to have a better season then what people think.

Well it can't be any worse than last season.

Eels Dude

Coach

Poore can play 50 minutes + if needed, if Mannah and Fuifui can play 40 each that leaves Webb with 30. Shacks can also switch to front row if needed.

IFR33K

Coach
Poore can play 50 minutes + if needed, if Mannah and Fuifui can play 40 each that leaves Webb with 30. Shacks can also switch to front row if needed.

Id like to see Moi Moi running out wide. 2 or 3 passes wide of the ruck. He will make easy meters for 1, and maybe even conserve energy by avoiding the big collisions with the big boppers.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
In my opinion Hicks plays best at Centre, and is a damn good fill-in fullback. It was a shame Des kept him on the wing so often.
I know a lot of Manly fans (including my old man) who are spewing that he will be playing with another team, he was great for us, especially in 04' when he was our player of the year.

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd go with

1-Jarryd Hayne
2-Luke Burt
3-Joel Reddy
4-Chris Hicks
5-Jordan Atkins
6-Casey McGuire
7-Brad Murray
8-Justin Poore
9-Matt Keating
10-Tim Mannah
11-Nathan Hindmarsh
12-Ben Smith
13-Shane Shackleton

14-Anthiny Mitchell
15-Justin Horo
16-Fui Fui Moi Moi
17-Taniela Lasalo

Craig Johnston

First Grade
1 Hayne
2 Burt
3 Reddy
4 Smith
5 Hicks
6 Mortimer
7 Maguire
8 Poore
9 Keating
10 Mannah
11 Hindmarsh
12 Horo
13 Shackleton

14 Mitchell
15 Webb
16 Fui Fui Moi Moi
17 Taniela Lasalo

strider

Post Whore
1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Reddy
4. Hicks
5. Walker/Atkins
6. Mortimer
7. Robson
8. Fui
9. Mitchell
10. Poore
11. Hindy
12. Smith
13. Horo

14. Keating/McGuire
15. Mannah
16. Webb
17. Shack

Reni to take a month or so getting back into things via Wenty ... will then get a couple of bench starts before moving to starting 13 .... Webb to start well but unfortunately get injured, making room for Reni - Shack to take over some of Webb's prop duties ..... yadda yadda yadda .... Parra wins the Grand Final

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Reddy
4. Hicks
5. Walker/Atkins
6. Mortimer
7. Robson
8. Fui
9. Mitchell
10. Poore
11. Hindy
12. Smith
13. Horo

14. Keating/McGuire
15. Mannah
16. Webb
17. Shack

Reni to take a month or so getting back into things via Wenty ... will then get a couple of bench starts before moving to starting 13 .... Webb to start well but unfortunately get injured, making room for Reni - Shack to take over some of Webb's prop duties ..... yadda yadda yadda .... Parra wins the Grand Final

this....:)

bartman

Immortal
I love threads like this... :D.

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Reddy (until he returns, maybe give Humble a go)
4. presumably Hicks, based on MITS AGM feedback?
5. Walker
6. Maguire
7. Robson - still our best option at 7.
13. Hindmarsh (c) - stick him in midfield.
12. Smith
11. Horo - he should do quite well playing 60-ish mins this year.
10. Moimoi
9. Keating - still good for 40mins in a game, or Mitchell, same difference.
8. Poore

14. Mitchell - or starting for Keating, same difference 40mins each.
15. Shackleton
16. Mannah
17. Webb
18. Mortimer - I really shudder when he is seen as more than a bench impact player.
19. Maitua (after June or whenever)
20. Humble

Would be really surprised if Atkins, Murray, Lasalo, Loko, O'Hanlon, Sio, or Filiga get a look in before second half of the season?

caylo

Bench
With old heads up front and experience on the wing why not start with an inexperienced centre pairing, I think atleast one of filinga or loko should be given a spot with hicks, reddy or atkines filling the other. If they have the while offseason to train with their wing partner it could be better then being thrown in the deep end midseason

Bazal

Post Whore
Or we could just pick our best two centres....Reddy and Hicks? I dunno, maybe it's radical...

Eels Dude

Coach
Or we could just pick our best two centres....Reddy and Hicks? I dunno, maybe it's radical...

Because one is injured and may not start the season, and the other is 33 and not even a confirmed signing as of yet.

Bazal

Post Whore
If Reddy is unfit then he is unfit...but at this stage, nothing indicates anything either way. I've been reliably informed Hicksy is in, take that as you will, but if he has signed then he is easily our best three quarter 33 or not.

Eels Dude

Coach
If Reddy is unfit then he is unfit...but at this stage, nothing indicates anything either way. I've been reliably informed Hicksy is in, take that as you will, but if he has signed then he is easily our best three quarter 33 or not.

That's fine. But I think for those reasons presented it's perfectly reasonable as to why people would not choose Hicks or Reddy as first choice centres in their round 1 team, that's also radical.

EelDredd

Juniors
Because one is injured and may not start the season, and the other is 33 and not even a confirmed signing as of yet.

RETIRED Warrington Wolves winger Chris Hicks will join Parramatta next season having struck a deal with the Eels on Monday.
The former Sea Eagle has agreed to sign a one-year deal with the Eels and will finalise the contract upon arrival in Australia as he is still overseas in England.
The 33-year-old has already won two Challenge Cups with the Wolves, and a premiership with Manly, and is set to join his new teammates in the New year.
"I can't wait to return back to Australia and play under Stephen Kearney," Hicks exclusively told nospam11.com.au.
"Having the chance to play alongside superstars like Jarryd Hayne and Nathan Hindmarsh has got me excited and I'm ready for a successful year with the Eels."
Hicks had retired from football last week to make room for the disgraced Canberra centre Joel Monaghan.
However with the release of Timana Tahu and retirement of Eric Grothe Jnr, the Eels have enticed Hicks to play one more season.
Hicks will return to Australia on Christmas eve.

Edit why do I get the no spam thing?
http://www.sports*newsfirst*.com.au/articles/2010/12/13/hicks-puts-off-retirement-to-join-eels/

Remove the * when pasting it in

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
You get a spam alert because Mods believe that's an untrustworthy website source wise, often posting false information, and removed that same article just yesterday. So let's wait and see if the deal is confirmed by a better source right?

Latest posts