What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your starting team for 2011

boxhead

First Grade
I saw another Chris Hicks article today, but I can't remember where I saw it. I believe it was in one of the papers - it wasn't the Daily Telegraph or the Sydney Morning Herald if I remember correctly though.
I think it is confirmed now, but it doesn't hurt to want actual proof :)

84 Baby

Referee
1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Hicks/Sio
4. Reddy
5. Hicks/Sio
6. Humble
7. Robson
13. Horo
12. Hindmarsh (c)
11. Smith
10. Moi Moi
9. McGuire
8. Poore

14. Mitchell
15. Mannag
16. Webb
17. Shackleton

Bazal

Post Whore
That's fine. But I think for those reasons presented it's perfectly reasonable as to why people would not choose Hicks or Reddy as first choice centres in their round 1 team, that's also radical.

It is when they're picking a bloke pretty much straight out of SG Ball and another straight out of Bundy Cup....doesn't exactly sound like our best available centre pairing, does it?

Joely01

Bench
1. Hayne
2.Burt
3. Hicks
4. Reddy
5. Sio
6. Morts
7. Robson
8. Poore
9. McGuire
10. Moi Moi
11. Hindy c
12. Smith
13. Horo
14. Mitchell
15. Webb
16. Mannah
17. Shack

Parra Steve

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Reddy/Atkins
4 Whatirua
5. Sio/Hicks
6. McGuire
7. Humble
8. Poore
9. Mitchell
10. Fui
11. Hindy
12. Smith
13. Horo

14. Mortimer
15. Shackleton
16. Mannah
17. Lassalo/Webb

boxhead

First Grade
Hmmm.......tough decisions to be made, especially in the halves.

My team would be;

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Luke Burt
3. Joel Reddy
4. Paul Whatuira
5. Chris Hicks
6. Daniel Mortimer
7. Tom Humble
8. Tim Mannah
9. Matt Keating
10. Fui Fui Moi Moi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ben Smith
13. Justin Horo

14. Anthony Mitchell
15. Shane Shackleton
16. Justin Poore
17. Carl Webb

When Reni Maitua comes back, it will create a bit of a head-ache for us in terms of selecting a back-row, depending on how Mr Kearney wants to use him. We also have a lot of options in different positions, such as Jordan Atkins, Chris Walker, Ken Sio, Karl Filiga, Rory Brien and Jacob Loko (and so on) for the outside backs, along with Taniela Lasalo, Casey Mcguire and several other players for various other positions.
We definitely have much better depth for 2011 across all positions than we did in 2010, which is a big plus.

Eels Dude

Coach
When Reni Maitua comes back, it will create a bit of a head-ache for us in terms of selecting a back-row, depending on how Mr Kearney wants to use him.

It would depend, mainly, on how the side is performing as a whole as well as Maitua's own form. I think you can safely assume since Maitua has been out of the game for so long, and also cannot take part in pre season training, that he will be forced to fight for a position and spend a fair bit of time in reserves getting used to playing the game again. I wouldn't expect to be seeing him first grade until well into the second half of the season if his form commands it.

Agent Mulder

Bench
1.Hayne
2.Burt
3.Reddy
4.Whaturia
5.Walker
6.Mortimer
7.Robson
13.Horo
12.Shackelton
11.Hindmarsh(c)
10.Poore
9.Mitchell
8.Moi Moi

14.Keating
15.Webb
16.Mannah
17.Smith

parra pete

Referee
The Club is prepared to wait until May to get a bloke like Matuia back, but can't wait until February to let Tahu sort himself out.....Think your Club may have pulled the wrong rein on that one....Blokes of Tahu's ability don't come along too often. I think he is the type of players team enjoy having in their side, rather than against....Just an observation from someone on the outside looking in.....

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The Club is prepared to wait until May to get a bloke like Matuia back, but can't wait until February to let Tahu sort himself out.....Think your Club may have pulled the wrong rein on that one....Blokes of Tahu's ability don't come along too often. I think he is the type of players team enjoy having in their side, rather than against....Just an observation from someone on the outside looking in.....

A shame your not actually ....... outside.

caylo

Bench

The club told Tahu that if he wanted to come back in february that he would need to take a pay cut because he would have missed a significant amount of the pre season while Matuia would have been paid a suitable amount considering his curcumstances. Tahu apparently refused to take the pay cut so the club told him that they he could not take the time off which is fair enough. I have a felling that Tahu will be back around february anyway

parra pete

Referee
The club told Tahu that if he wanted to come back in february that he would need to take a pay cut because he would have missed a significant amount of the pre season while Matuia would have been paid a suitable amount considering his curcumstances. Tahu apparently refused to take the pay cut so the club told him that they he could not take the time off which is fair enough. I have a felling that Tahu will be back around february anyway

Hope so..for his and your Club's sake...

Bazal

Post Whore
Can we start swamping this Raider trolls posts? Sick of Raider-talk polluting our threads tbh

COACH STERLING

Juniors

I might ask my boss if i can come back to work in February. I'll insist he pays me too even though i don't have any leave left.

What do you recon Pete? I worked really hard and made massive improvements over the last 12 months just like Tahu. Seriously, id be too embarassed to face my colleagues. Tahu should walk IMO. It's now become a farce. He simply has no respect for the club.

Stagger eel

Staff member

both decisions were made by 2 seperate people...

Maitua was signed by Anderson and it was SK who decided to cut T loose after he couldn't show any committment until February...

tbh, I don't have a drama with either decision...

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Maybe they only want players who are committed.

Reni wants to train but can't.
Tahu can train but won't.

Two totally different situations.

Latest posts