What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your starting team for 2011

Seriously aside from Hayne explain your strengths?

Your halves are the WORST in the comp.

Your backline is mediocre at best.

And your forward pack while satisfactory has no depth, few injuries and you lads are in for a lot of beltings.

SDM

First Grade

And your forward pack while satisfactory has no depth, few injuries and you lads are in for a lot of beltings.

Yet you stated that upon reading someones preferred starting 17 you drew the conclusion we were also rans. But now it is about depth. Good one, flogger.

Jason70

Juniors

So you think a forward pack with Moi Moi (just over 12 months ago was regarded as best forward in the world), Hindmarsh(say no more), Mannah(SOO 2010), Poore(SOO 2009), Smith(most improved forward in the game), Horo and Shackleton is mediocre. You just proved that you can't put brains on statues.

strider

Post Whore

yeah - but apart from all that we are dead set certainties for the premiership :thumn

spiderdan

Bench
I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned or not but Hick's white stripe strike rate is about 74 tries in 84 matches including 3 in the GF!!...he is a genuine weapon in the backline if he stays fit.
that may have more to do with the team he played for in his last couple of years of nrl rather than being a genuine strike weapon. i hope he can score plenty of tries for parra but by comparison nigel vagina's strike rate was something like that as well before he left the dogs. change of scenery didn't do him much good.

just food for thought.

Eelementary

Post Whore
that may have more to do with the team he played for in his last couple of years of nrl rather than being a genuine strike weapon. i hope he can score plenty of tries for parra but by comparison nigel vagina's strike rate was something like that as well before he left the dogs. change of scenery didn't do him much good.

just food for thought.

Tahu - his strike-rate for Newcastle was like 90-odd tries in 100-odd games or something. It kind of shrivelled up and died when he came to Parramatta.

spiderdan

Bench
Tahu - his strike-rate for Newcastle was like 90-odd tries in 100-odd games or something. It kind of shrivelled up and died when he came to Parramatta.
yep. forgot about that one. although in saying that i don't really care about individual try tallies so much as the team's total. i'd be happy to have our top try scorer finish on 12 for the season if it meant we were still scoring more points than the rest of the nrl and sharing the tries around through multiple strike points (similar to the way collingwood scored goals in the 2010 afl season).

DeanPay98

Juniors
Playing in a team with Andrew Johns and Matt Gidley probably helped. Tahu scored 82 tries in 97 games at Newcastle as against 25 tries in 63 games at Parramatta.

But in part the difference would also be that he played in the centres at Parramatta whereas he played predominantly on the wing at Newcastle.

SeftonBoy

Juniors
I would have score 90 tries standing outside of Matt Gidley.

bullsh*t
icon13.gif

SeftonBoy

Juniors
Didn't expect you to give Luke Burt a jersey in your starting line-up, Sefton ;-).

Not my starting line-up, i think he'll be in SK's line-up. I'm usually a firm believer in giving an incumbent first crack but in my opinion he was atrocious last year so i'd give Hicks his jersey.
SK will pick the best 17 & won't worry about if a guy has been there 10 years or a has 1 or 2 flashes of brilliance a year. They'll need to perform week in week out.

Latest posts