What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Team for 2009

hineyrulz

Post Whore
My Team providing everyone is fit and firing.

1. Hayne
2. Etu
3. Inu
4. Smith
5. Grothe
6. KK
7. fINCH
8. Cayless
9. M Keating
10. Cordoba I think he was playing hurt the last part of the year.
11. Hindy
12.Hauraki as mentioned this guy has the talent he just needs a rocket
13. Mateo

14. Horo
15. Fui Much better of the bench.
16. Paulo
17. Kingston

Reddy should be the first back in if there is an injury.

Last edited:

Pazza

First Grade
1.Hayne
2.Grothe
3.Etu
4.Reddy
5.Inu
6.Keating
7.Finch
8.Cayless
9.Keating
10.Paulo
11.Hindmarsh
12.Cordoba
13.Mateo

14.Kingston?? or back up hooker
15.Moi Moi
16.Wright
17.Latimore

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
My Side would be;

1.Reddy - I reckon he showed enough this year that he is an NRL player, I reckon his best position is fullback. Big, fast and good under the high ball.
2.Inu - always seems to play better on the wing
3.Hayne - These two on the same side could be deadly - they just need some decent coaching or a rocket up their back side
4. Smith
5. Grothe - to good to be left out. I really can't see anyone doing better
6. KK
7. fINCH
8. Cayless
9. M Keating
10. Paulo - I reckon he just needs to start and have some decent game time. Looks good when he gets a run

11. Hindy
12.Hauraki - I am going to give him another chance. I reckon this year he was lost playing in the front row at times. I would like to see him in second row and do some wide running
13. Mateo

14. Tautai - I know everyone bags him out, but I reckon he had a good first year playing mostly out of position on the wing. I would like to see him play second row , lock ( Mabye playing lock allowing Mateo to go 5/8, with KK into hooker giving Matt a break). He knows how to run the ball hard, maybe if some of our forwards ran as hard we would have gone better. Anyway I would be converting him to a forward. Plus would be a better defender in middle then on the wing.
15. Fui Much - better of the bench.
16. Wright
Cordoba - Would like to see him interchange with Wellar in the second row. Bit quiet this year. Could go alright in the second row, big and has some speend. I reckon he will have a good year - just needs to get more involved.

I find it funny some people a picking players in their side that have never had any NRL experience. Every year I see it on the forum that such and such player should be in the side. Then when they get into the side they are expected to be a super star when they are not , his sacking is called for. I think we need to be carefully expecting lower grade players making a contribution to the eels in 2009. One example I give is Tautai - gee first year in 1st grade and every one expects him to be a super star. We need to be patient. Not all players are instant successes in first grade such as Inglis, Hunt, Foluo, Sbw etc, players take time to develop, look at Chris Heighington, Anthony Lanf ( can't spell), Matt Cooper, Luke Bailey, Joel Monagham, luke Priddis to mention a few, were never superstars in their first 2-3 seasons, hwever all have gone on to play rep footy.

HevyDevy

Coach
Yeah I agree re: picking young players Josh - good post.

Not so sure about Reddy at fullback - Hayne has the potential to offer far more in attack if he rediscovers his best form - but I would probably have Reddy on the wing.

Hayne
Reddy
Inu
Smith
Grothe
???? (I guess KK might be the only real option)
Finch

caylo

Bench
1 Hayne
2 Reddy
3 Benny
4 Inu
5 Grothe
6 Krsting. K
7 Finch
8 Cayless
9 Keating. M
10 Paulo
11 Hindmarsh
12 Cordoba
13 Mateo

14 Hauraki
15 Horo
16 Mannah
17 Fuifui

Reserve Backs
18 Etu (if Grothe does not peform drop him early)
19 J.Wright (would have no problem if him and etu started instead of Grothe and Reddy)
20 Burt
21 Gardner (back-up fullback or winger, but only used if needed)
22 Tautai

Reserve Forwards
23 Latimore
24 Galovou
25 Wright
26 Oake

Reserve Half/Hooker
27 Mitchell
28 Kingson
29 Mortimore
30 Kelly (used sparingly)

Phillips

Referee
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Etu Uaisele
3. Krisnan Inu
4. Ben Smith
5. Eric Grothe
6. Kris Keating
7. Brett Finch (c)
8. Broderick Wright
9. Matt Keating
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Weller Hauraki
13. Feleti Mateo

14. Justin Horo/Joe Galuvao
15. Nathan Cayless
16. Tim Mannah
17. Junior Paulo

Bazal

Post Whore
I reckon I probably post a different team each time, but oh well...

1-Jarryd Hayne
2-Joel Reddy/Luke Burt
3-Etu Uaisele (I want Benny back eventually, but I think he should go around for Wenty for four weeks or so to start the year.)
4-Kris Inu
5-Eric Grothe
6-Kris Keating
7-Brett Finch
8-Nathan Cayless
9-Matt Keating
10-Junior Paulo
11-Nathan Hindmarsh
12-Weller Hauraki/Todd Lowrie (I don't like either off the bench...Hauraki needs a big off season, otherwise I'd start Todd. His defence early will be useful)
13-Feleti Mateo

14-Brod Wright
15-Fui Fui Moi Moi
16-Justin Horo
17-Josh Cordoba/Kevin Kingston

Ron Jeremy

Coach
1. Hayne ( Picks himself, our best player)
2. Grothe ( Deserves a chance)
3. Ben Smith ( defensively is needed
4. Reddy ( Yep, i have my reasons)
5. Inu ( 2008 proved he is not a centre, he's a fine finisher but is not a centre at present, video evidence proves my statement.
6. KK ( Give him first go)
7. Finch ( Who else?)
8. Cayless ( the $400,000 cream puff better get out of his Mig 15 and start flying a f**king F22)
9. MK ( Picks himself)
10. Fui ( Picks himself
11. Joe G ( Should've been in firsts all year)
12. Hindmarsh
13. Mateo

14. KKingston
15. Paulo
16. Latimore
17. Tautai ( as a forward!)

caylo

Bench
1. Hayne ( Picks himself, our best player)
2. Grothe ( Deserves a chance)
3. Ben Smith ( defensively is needed
4. Reddy ( Yep, i have my reasons)
5. Inu ( 2008 proved he is not a centre, he's a fine finisher but is not a centre at present, video evidence proves my statement.
6. KK ( Give him first go)
7. Finch ( Who else?)
8. Cayless ( the $400,000 cream puff better get out of his Mig 15 and start flying a f**king F22)
9. MK ( Picks himself)
10. Fui ( Picks himself
11. Joe G ( Should've been in firsts all year)
12. Hindmarsh
13. Mateo

14. KKingston
15. Paulo
16. Latimore
17. Tautai ( as a forward!)

My only issue would be
1) Joe G imo was outperformed by guys like Horo, and T.Robenson or Lewis form toyota cup should be given a go ahead of him.

2) Mannah deserves a shot off the bench, Latimore would be my first backup.

3) Tautai is to small to play in the forwards atm, he is young and will put on some size in a few years... until then i don't think he has the size to play in the backrow.

4) I don't think a replacment hooker is required

Ron Jeremy

Coach
1) Joey G done nothing wrong in firsts last year, proved an asset

2) Latimore is physically more ready and durable, Mannah may struggle with fitness

3) Too small? is that why he rarely was ever tackled one on one? he's pyshically one of our strongest players.

4) kk will be there, too give our halves and hookers a break if need be.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
oh yeah, how could we forget....almost as bad as that dope of a captain, the sponge which costs us $400,000 a year.

bartman

Immortal
Everyone above Bazal I think forgot all about Tood, despite his wicked end of season form!

Bazal

Post Whore
Lowrie is solid and does his job every game. More than I can say for the rest of the guys this year, Mateo, Fui and Hindy excluded

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, I know. He's the only defensive forward other than Hindy that we've got left to rely on, seeing as Wagon and Chad are now gone. Lowrie's a must for the 12 jersey, simply because we are very soft/paper thin defensively should anyone else like Weller/Joe G/the kids people are talking about be picked to start/partner Hindy.

Bigfella

Coach
Everyone above Bazal I think forgot all about Tood, despite his wicked end of season form!

Not everyone:

Originally Posted by Bigfella
My preferred side would be:

1. Hayne
2. Inu
3. Reddy
4. Smith
5. Grothe
6. Keating
7. Finch (not that I rate him at all but there is no doubt he will picked)
8. Cayless
9. Keating
10. Moi Moi
11. Hindy
12. Hauraki
13. Mateo

14. Paolo
15. Horo
16. Lowrie
17. Cordoba / Wright / Latimore

;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
He's better than any other second-rower option we've got for the 12 jersey...

is that so? is that why clubs are banging on he door to try and pinch him?

He's average, he just looked ok because everyone else was playing below average.

You do realise this is the same bloke who has struggled to cerment a FG spot in close to 5 years...

Joey G by far the better player

Latest posts