What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Team for 2009

Ron Jeremy

Coach
And you wonder why we haven't won a comp in 22 years...

But lets not forget that Bart also wanted Burt ahead of SOO rep Hayne lol

Ron Jeremy

Coach
ext people will be saying that Cayless should be our captain and re-signed for a further 3 years for $400,000 a year! oh wait..

Bazal

Post Whore
Normally I agree with you, RJ...problem is Joey G has apparently re-signed with the intention of playing for Wenty. He doesn't want to play firsts it would seem, unless there is an injury. So that leaves us with Hauraki, Oake, Lowrie and a bunch of untested kids for the back row. Hauraki and Oake, I'm sure you'll agree, played worse than Lowrie and so out of them he deserves first shot. The NYC kids just aren't ready, there haven't been many coming into firsts and doing great things, and Horo is the only backrower I'd pick from Wenty.

So, for a starting backrow spot and a bench backrow spot you are picking from Hauraki, Lowrie, Oake and Horo. IMO, on form it's Lowrie and Horo, no brainer

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Normally I agree with you, RJ...problem is Joey G has apparently re-signed with the intention of playing for Wenty. He doesn't want to play firsts it would seem, unless there is an injury. So that leaves us with Hauraki, Oake, Lowrie and a bunch of untested kids for the back row. Hauraki and Oake, I'm sure you'll agree, played worse than Lowrie and so out of them he deserves first shot. The NYC kids just aren't ready, there haven't been many coming into firsts and doing great things, and Horo is the only backrower I'd pick from Wenty.

So, for a starting backrow spot and a bench backrow spot you are picking from Hauraki, Lowrie, Oake and Horo. IMO, on form it's Lowrie and Horo, no brainer

* f**k i've just dropped a smoke in a full can of Cougar*

If we're considering Lowrie for a FG spot then kiss the finals goodbye, he's solid but any bloke with his ability will not make the finals i'm sorry to say.

I think Joey does wann chance, he did nothing wrong in 2008 yet got demoted.

Bazal

Post Whore
If Joey changes his mind or if that was bad information, then he needs to get a run, no question. But if he does only want to play for Wenty, then Lowrie is the best of an average bunch IMO. Weller and Oake have a lot of work to do. I think we could win a comp with Lowrie in the side as long as we had good halves and a proper front row, our problem will once again be at halfback and in the coaching of the side...and possibly up front if Hagan continues to select the guys he did last year.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Whats the point in retaining him if that's the case Bazal? surely this isn't another 'Hagan Moment'?

Bazal

Post Whore
Well he's on bugger all as far as I know...and like I said, this is just what's been mentioned, I don't know whether it's true or not.

bartman

Immortal
And you wonder why we haven't won a comp in 22 years...
I don't wonder at all.
But lets not forget that Bart also wanted Burt ahead of SOO rep Hayne lol
Always happy to have Hayne in the side - if he's playing with an ounce of good form, and not dragging the play of others down with him. Both of which Hayne admitted in an interview that he had been doing for most of the season.

Who do you have in Lowrie's number 12 spot? Someone who has played about 50 mins of first grade in the last few years, and has questions over his ability to be agile in the defensive line. Joe G is a good bench impact option imo, not a starter or 60 minute defender.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
But why retain a bloke even if it;s cheap if he doesn't want to play FG? we're not out to just win NSW cup trophys, what a terrible terrible club.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I don't wonder at all.

Always happy to have Hayne in the side - if he's playing with an ounce of good form, and not dragging the play of others down with him. Both of which Hayne admitted in an interview that he had been doing for most of the season.'

And even his crap form was still better then Kris Inu's form who was unbelievably bad but people seem too turn a blind eye...

If anything i think others brought him down, he responded yet the others remained in sh*t form.

Who do you have in Lowrie's number 12 spot? Someone who has played about 50 mins of first grade in the last few years, and has questions over his ability to be agile in the defensive line. Joe G is a good bench impact option imo, not a starter or 60 minute defender.

A rookie, Lowrie is not fit for permanent FG, he has proven that in 5 years.

Bazal

Post Whore
But why retain a bloke even if it;s cheap if he doesn't want to play FG? we're not out to just win NSW cup trophys, what a terrible terrible club.

Gotta have quality depth, don't you? He's cheaper than Tony Williams...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
but whats the point to have deph if the bloke doesn't even wanna play FG?

He gets a call up and doesn't put in 100% as a consequence? whats the point? defeats the purpose of having depth.

Bazal

Post Whore
Pretty sure the story is he's happy to play games as a fill in, just doesn't want to hold the youngsters out...so yes, he's useful depth

Ron Jeremy

Coach
That's not useful, that's just telling me we have a guy on our books who will only try occasionaly.

What if we have alot of injuries? he'll be only try occasionaly?

bartman

Immortal
And even his crap form was still better then Kris Inu's form who was unbelievably bad but people seem too turn a blind eye...

Got your monthly knots in your knickers about everybody not loving the golden child like you do RJ? Inu's form was poor this year as well, but he had about 8 less games and started mid-season after injury. What was Jarryd's excuse? Oh that's right, got scared up the Cross and later had a tanty about being selected in his current (only) rep position by his club coach.

If anything i think others brought him down, he responded yet the others remained in sh*t form.
You're going against Jarryd's own admissions there, so I'll leave you to speculate/fantasise... Like I've said, I've no problem at all if Jarryd shows the form that earnt him his high-rolling contract, and he doesn't act like a spoilt brat on the field.

A rookie, Lowrie is not fit for permanent FG, he has proven that in 5 years.
I thought you had Joe G in your number 12 earlier in thsi thread? So who is it now? You know Hagan will pick Lowrie, so my advice is to get used to it - he's better than anyone we've got to start the season with.

Bazal

Post Whore
You missed the point, Ronnie. If he has to play 24 games all year due to injury, he's (apparently) fine with that. But he doesn't want to get in the way of other players who are going to be around longer, so he will happily play for Wenty while they are available/in form.

bartman

Immortal
It's refreshing to hear of a player who doesn't care about making maximum money etc, and who happily gives above his "value". Who just wants to ply his trade and be called upon when needed or warranted by his own form.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Got your monthly knots in your knickers about everybody not loving the golden child like you do RJ? Inu's form was poor this year as well, but he had about 8 less games and started mid-season after injury. What was Jarryd's excuse? Oh that's right, got scared up the Cross and later had a tanty about being selected in his current (only) rep position by his club coach.

What was Inu's excuse? he was total trype apart from one game

You're going against Jarryd's own admissions there, so I'll leave you to speculate/fantasise... Like I've said, I've no problem at all if Jarryd shows the form that earnt him his high-rolling contract, and he doesn't act like a spoilt brat on the field.

Like he would blame other teammates, yet his spoilt brat mentality still earnt him an SOO JUMPER plus he was our best player in the final month.

I thought you had Joe G in your number 12 earlier in thsi thread? So who is it now? You know Hagan will pick Lowrie, so my advice is to get used to it - he's better than anyone we've got to start the season with.

Horo, Wright that's who.