What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Team for 2009

Ron Jeremy

Coach
You missed the point, Ronnie. If he has to play 24 games all year due to injury, he's (apparently) fine with that. But he doesn't want to get in the way of other players who are going to be around longer, so he will happily play for Wenty while they are available/in form.

Great, we have a moral crusader on our hands:roll:, what the f**k is this place then? the f**king Vatican?

Bazal

Post Whore
Great, we have a moral crusader on our hands:roll:, what the f**k is this place then? the f**king Vatican?

Would it be fair to say you're drunk and cranky Ronny? :p;-) Cos you seem to be finding fault with everything at the moment...

bartman

Immortal
What was Inu's excuse? he was total trype apart from one game
Played 8 games less than Jarryd and started mid-season after injury. I expect equal decent things from both of them this coming season, they should be shining above the rest of our backs on their coin.

Like he would blame other teammates, yet his spoilt brat mentality still earnt him an SOO JUMPER plus he was our best player in the final month.
He did blame other teammates - that's what made Hagan sit the guy down and show him his own bloopers reel. Got rid of the big head/ego a bit that was stopping him playing to his potential, and hence we saw more of what jarryd can do at the tail end of the season. Credit where it's due - to Hagan in this case.

Horo, Wright that's who.
I've seen nothing to suggest these guys are ready for starting first grade 60 min NRL spots yet... By all means give them a go from the bench and hopefully they'll grow into it through the course of the season, and go on to have great careers. If they show some of that this season, then Lowrie can easily relinquish the spot mid-year.

bartman

Immortal
Would it be fair to say you're drunk and cranky Ronny? :p;-) Cos you seem to be finding fault with everything at the moment...
When RJ hits the cans his first thought no matter the topic at hand always goes to... Jarryd.

Ronny and Jarryd sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G :crazy:

caylo

Bench
1) Joey G done nothing wrong in firsts last year, proved an asset

2) Latimore is physically more ready and durable, Mannah may struggle with fitness

3) Too small? is that why he rarely was ever tackled one on one? he's pyshically one of our strongest players.

Joe has done nothing wrong, but Horo is more likley a player who will add spark. His performances in Wenty have been of the highest level and that should be rewarded IMO.

Latimore may be more experianced, but Mannah has more variability in his game, including offloads etc. Latimore is a toiler, someone that works hard and has good go forward. I wouldn't complain with either in the team, but atm I would prefer Mannah.

Tatuai has never been tested in mid field, he plays on the edges and atm is a good hard running centre, but lets remember he is only 20. He has along way to phyisically develop, and moving him into the forwards now may do more damage then good. I think he needs a few years in the backs before he will be ready for the workrate of a wide running backrower.

Eels Dude

Coach
1. Hayne
2. Reddy
3. Inu
4. Smith
5. Grothe
6. KK
7. Finch
8. MoiMoi
9. Matt Keating
10. Cayless
11. Hindy
12. Joe G
13. Mateo

14. Wright
15. Paulo
16. Cordoba
17. Hauraki

And yeah, we're gonna struggle.

HevyDevy

Coach
To play peacemaker, I would suggest that the primary concern is that we can't think of a single player at our club that we actually WANT to be wearing the No.12 jersey.

Jodeci

Bench
1. Jarry Hayne
2. Luke Burt
3. Kris Inu
4. Ben Smith
5. Eric Grothe Jnr
6. Kris Keating
7. Brett Finch
8. Nathan Cayless
9. Matt Keating
10. Junior Paulo
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Feleti Mateo
13. Justin Horo (Bolter)

14. Kevin Kingston
15. Josh Cordoba
16. Fui Fui Moi Moi
17. Weller Hauriki

dazeely

First Grade
1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Inu
4. Smith
5. Reddy
6. Keating
7. Finch
8. Cayless (c)
9. Keating
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Galavao
13. Mateo

14. Lowrie (utility role)
15. Cordoba
16. Paulo
17. Oake

18. Kingston (reserve hooker)

19. Robinson (reserve forward)
20. Grothe (first in line reserve winger)
21. Tautai or Etu (reserve centre)

strider

Post Whore
What I'd like to see ...

1. hayne
2. reddy (sorry, burty but i don't like u on the wing)
3. INU (goal kicker)
4. b smith
5. grothe
6. kk
7. finch
8. caylo
9. m keating
10. paulo
11. hindy (captain)
12. weller (with his finger out)
13. mateo

14. kingston
15. fuifui
16. & 17. (2 of) cordoba/joe g/b wright/horo/robinson/lowrie/oake

BUT - what I think will happen ...

1. hayne
2. burt (goal kicker)
3. inu
4. b smith
5. reddy
6. kk
7. finch
8 calyo (capt)
9. m keating
10. fuifui
11. hindy
12. mateo
13. lowrie

14. kingston
15. cordoba
16. weller
17. paulo

bartman

Immortal
Just back to the #12 jersey dilemma, I remember last off-season Hagan publicly mentioning Ben Smith would be a possibility to play in the back row this season. Obviously injury put paid to that plan, but...

Given we need another back rower next season more than we did this season (when Chad and Wags and even Pig were on board), does anyone thing Hagan might come through with this plan to convert a back into a back rower - either Ben Smith as mentioned, or maybe... Eric?

That would give:
1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Inu
4. Tautai (Hages really rates him)/Smith
5. Reddy

and
11. Hindmarsh
12. Grothe/Smith
13. Mateo

???

caylo

Bench
atm I think Robenson, Lewis or Horo (even Hauraki) would do a better job at #12 then Smith who should stay out wide in the centre IMO

The Colonel

Immortal
Just back to the #12 jersey dilemma, I remember last off-season Hagan publicly mentioning Ben Smith would be a possibility to play in the back row this season. Obviously injury put paid to that plan, but...

Given we need another back rower next season more than we did this season (when Chad and Wags and even Pig were on board), does anyone thing Hagan might come through with this plan to convert a back into a back rower - either Ben Smith as mentioned, or maybe... Eric?

That would give:
1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Inu
4. Tautai (Hages really rates him)/Smith
5. Reddy

and
11. Hindmarsh
12. Grothe/Smith
13. Mateo

???

Grothe doesn't have the work rate to make it in the forwards at 28 years old. Ben Smith is more valuable in the centres. If we do need a player to be moved from the backline, as I have said time and again, the player that should be moved is Taulima Tautai.

Has the better running game and his one on one defence is quite strong.

1. TBA
2. TBA
3. TBA
4. TBA
5. TBA

6. TBA
7. TBA

8. TBA
9. TBA
10. TBA
11. TBA
12. TBA
13. TBA

14. TBA
15. TBA
16. TBA
17. TBA

Coach : Daniel Anderson.

HevyDevy

Coach
Given that Grothe's positional play in defence is hardly brilliant, why would anyone want to play him in the back row? :sarcasm:

Bigfella

Coach
Grothe doesn't have the work rate to make it in the forwards at 28 years old. Ben Smith is more valuable in the centres. If we do need a player to be moved from the backline, as I have said time and again, the player that should be moved is Taulima Tautai.

Has the better running game and his one on one defence is quite strong.

Plus he is not a finisher, and gets caught out in defence at wing or centre.

Makes perfect sense and can potentially improve two positions.

caylo

Bench
Considering that we have no idea who the coach is, I hope we see a few changes, with players brought up from u20 and Toyota cup. The only problem now is that the current coach will not have any players that he wants, but I would imagine guys liek Cayless, Hindmarsh and Finch may move on as early as next year IMO.

stuke

Bench
though a new coach may reignite and prolong the careers of a player like Cayless. maybe this is just what he needs. from the articles written by Wilson and Rothfield (i know it's not a good source) they hinted that Cayless and Hindmarsh didn't like the coaching style. just like a lot of players playing better after a change of clubs, we may well see players responding better under a new coach.

let's wait and hope!

caylo

Bench
I've always had the opinnion that with a new coach should come a new captain, and new outlook. Cayless has given us great service, but for what he, Hindy and Finch are on, we could get 2 very good props and 2 very good backrower, plus guys like Paulo, Mannah, Cordoba, and Fui in the ranks. In the backrow we have Mateo, plus jnrs like Robenson and Lewis coming up, plus the addition of a few good backrowers.

Obviously getting rid of them now would be stupid because we have noone avaliable to chase, but at the end of next year they could let Cayless and Hindy off to England. By that time Keating and Kelly can be our halves and we can let him go to, hagens gone so why would he want to stay here. I don't think we will win the comp with these player taking up 1mill+ of our cap, we can get the same quality from players on much less. Hindy has defiantly dropped in form, Cayless aswell... finch is just not a halfback

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I don't know if i've stated it before but i think we should've offloaded Cayless in 2006, he just isn't worth the money. Cayless is like paying $500,000 for a 2 bedroom unit in Goulburn.

Latest posts