What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team for Dragons?

hitman82

Bench
We are going to get thrashed if we don't hold the ball. We are going to get thrashed if we don't display some aggression. We are going to get thrashed if we don't show some creativity on attack.
So here's the best we can offer this week in my opinion:

1. Hohaia - was much better versus Tigers defensively. If he can combine that with the attack vs. Eels he will be sweet.
2. Fish - has spark, is not Locke, who I thought was pretty average apart from a couple of nice midfield runs. Locke was also lacking discipline and timing in the ruck. Admittedly he got little ball - but Fish will come looking for it more and has more pace.
3. Moon - needs to D up. Has been pretty quiet since his great trial form...
4. Ropati - great player.
5. Inu
6. Maloney
7. Seymour - sorry but Godinet is not ready for first grade in my opinion, unless a MAJOR crisis hits.
8. Rapira - MUST START
9. Berrigan - still not much between him and Heremaia, but he takes it on experience and versatility in attack for mine. Berrigan also provided our only try assist.
10. Packer
11. Ta'ai - will bring size, aggression and attacking nouse. Very underrated player.
12. Mateo - learn to tackle, and we need WAY more movement around this guy.
13. Mannering - goodbye for now Luck, your effectiveness as a tackle bot is dropping and I am sick of your total lack of attack.

14. Mara
15. Matulino - time to lift your game or welcome in Latimore, Gavet or Lousi.
16. Lillyman - ditto Matulino though he's the better of the 2 so far.
17. Brown

This team would stand a chance against the Dragons. I doubt Cleary's predictive-text-selection will.

Meth

Staff member
1- Hohaia
2- Fisiiahi
3- Moon
4- Ropati
5- Inu
6- Maloney
7- Seymour
8- Rapira
9- Berrigan
10- Packer
11- Mannering
12- Mateo
13- Luck

Res- Matulino, Brown, Lillyman, Mara

SilentOne

Juniors
as far as I'm concerned we need an 80 minute hooker, I can't understand this obsession with having a utility player off the bench. Whether it's Mara or Berrigan as hooker I don't care, then that leaves a bench sport for Ukuma Ta'ai or Steve Rapira.

Warmess

Juniors
1. Locke
2. Inu
3. Moon
4. Ropati
5. Fish
6. Maloney
7. John
8. Rapira
9. Berrigan
10. Packer
11. Mannering
12. Ta'ai
13. Mateo

14. Mara
15. Matulino
16. Brown
17. Steve Rapira
18. Lillyman

We'll lose against the Drags with that team (lets be honest, with any Warriors team atm), but that's the team I want to be building with.

ozbash

Referee
as far as I'm concerned we need an 80 minute hooker, I can't understand this obsession with having a utility player off the bench. Whether it's Mara or Berrigan as hooker I don't care, then that leaves a bench sport for Ukuma Ta'ai or Steve Rapira.

true, gotta ask why Luck and Mateo were interchanged on Saturday, arnt they fit ?

Sam Rapira was/is one of the best props in the comp, why bench him ?

ozbash

Referee
1- Hohaia
2- Fisiiahi
3- Moon
4- Ropati
5- Inu
6- Maloney
7- Seymour
8- Rapira
9- Heremaia
10- Packer
11- Mannering
12- Mateo
13- Luck

Res- Matulino, Brown, Lillyman, Mara/Berrigan

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
What I'd look forward to seeing and what would raise my interest levels for this weekend:

1 Locke
2 Fisiiahi
3 Moon
4 Ropati
5 Inu
6 Maloney
7 Seymour (Haven't seen enough of Godinet but wouldn't mind seeing something new)
8 Rapira
9 Berrigan
10 Packer
11 Mannering
12 Ta'ai
13 Mateo

14 Mara
15 Brown
16 Matulino
17 Rapira

Doubt the chances of this team being fielded but one can hope.

Last edited:
What I want

01 - Glen Fishiashi - Because he has to take over now, See ya Huntly Hurricane
02 - Bill Tupou - Showed some good form as a winger before (better than locke here)
03 - Louis Brown - Showed some direction and can beat off tacklers easy
04 - Jerome Ropati - He has had a good 2011 thus far, continue it on
05 - Krisnan Inu - Freaky of a player when he's on, needs to show consistancy
06 - James Maloney - He will be back and has that competitive attitude :)
07 - Pita Godinet - Simply a way better option and lets not waste natural talent
08 - Sam Rapira - Starting that is all
09 - Aaron Heremaia - Better overall skillset despite Berrigan and his "Experience"
10 - Russell Packer - Good form should step up a gear or two
11 - Feleti Mateo - Better to use him here not 12 so he can choose his side
12 - Ukuma Taai - Strength, Aggression, Beats tacklers what else do we need?
13 - Simon Mannering

14. Alehana Mara - My prediction once he gets a go, Warriors player of the year 2011
15. Ben Matulino - Needs to really step up
16. Steve Rapira - For Sting
17. Jeremy Lattimore - Very reliable and goes forward not sideways

Ivan's Predicatable Line Up will be the same old people that lets ppl down week in week out. Someone call Bluey again please :)

Rich102

Staff member
What I want

02 - Bill Tupou - Showed some good form as a winger before (better than locke here)
07 - Pita Godinet - Simply a way better option and lets not waste natural talent
09 - Aaron Heremaia - Better overall skillset despite Berrigan and his "Experience"
13 - Simon Mannering

14. Alehana Mara - My prediction once he gets a go, Warriors player of the year 2011

Ivan's Predicatable Line Up will be the same old people that lets ppl down week in week out. Someone call Bluey again please :)

I like it!

G.I.

Juniors
I think that that the warriors could use Hohaia as your utility on the bench. He has experience at hooker, and would be more handy in other positions. Also reckon Mateo and Rapira start. Mateo should play 80 in my view. All he needs is game time until he fires.

Johns Magic

Referee
I think that that the warriors could use Hohaia as your utility on the bench. He has experience at hooker, and would be more handy in other positions. Also reckon Mateo and Rapira start. Mateo should play 80 in my view. All he needs is game time until he fires.

Agreed, Mateo was tearing up at the end of last year when he was playing big minutes. He needs to be told he is a big minute player, because otherwise all you have is an "impact" player who doesn't know when to inject himself and struggles to hit a rhythm.

Also, I have zero clue why Rapira is on the bench...he is your number 1 forward, he should be there in the opening exchanges.

Micistm

Bench
What I want

13 - Simon Mannering

I quite like that, although it won't happen of course. Maloney in for John, maybe Fish for Locke and that will be it. I'd rather give the side you've picked a go.
I do expect a better performance against the Dragons though...but probably stupid wishful thinking.

Rich102

Staff member
Agreed, Mateo was tearing up at the end of last year when he was playing big minutes. He needs to be told he is a big minute player, because otherwise all you have is an "impact" player who doesn't know when to inject himself and struggles to hit a rhythm.

Also, I have zero clue why Rapira is on the bench...he is your number 1 forward, he should be there in the opening exchanges.

This makes sense, but would leave us with Mannering, Luck & Mateo on most of the game. We need some energy out there!

Rich102

Staff member
Also, is it just me or are our props less fit than other teams. They seem to tire very quickly.

G.I.

Juniors
This makes sense, but would leave us with Mannering, Luck & Mateo on most of the game. We need some energy out there!

Although Luck has been great over the years for you guys, Mateo was a big buy, because he is good at what he does. But in his "roving role" for 50 min, he can't maximise his talent. I think that Mateo can fill his defensive role, and then have brown to inject a bit of venom.

I know that this isn't going to happen, But i think that it would be the best thing for the Warriors future.

My Morning Coat

Juniors
The team id like to see
1 Hohaia
2 Fish
3 Moon
4 Ropati
5 Inu
6 Maloney
7 Godinet
8 Rapira
9 Berrigan
10 Latimore
11 Brown
12 Mateo
13 Mannering

14 Packer
15 Matulino
16 Taia
17 Mara

18 Heremaia

armchaircritic

Juniors
1 Hohaia - On a final warning? Otherwise Locke or Fish
2 Fish - Deserves another go.
3 Moon - Hoping he finds some form *
4 Ropati - In great form
5 Inu - Hopefully he can reproduce some magic this weekend. A few more attaching runs would be nice
6 Maloney - Slots straight back in
7 Seymour - Like Hohaia on a final warning? Haven't seen Godinet play yet.
8 Rapira - As other posters have said - Needs to start
9 Berrigan/Heremaia -Didn't think Heremaia played too badly on sat. Either one of the two.
10 Packer - Best prop at the moment
11 Brown - Good game last weekend, deserves to start
12 Mateo - I think one piece of brilliance will really kick start his season
13 Mannering - Luck is not needed. Mannering to 13

14 Mara - Heremaia/Berrigan much the same. Mara to spark something
15 Matulino - Needs a big game, otherwise will be looking over his shoulder
16 Latimore - Lillyman pays the price, started both games - no impact. Latimore logical replacement
17 Taia - Like Mara, hopfully spark something. Hopefully he comes hungry & ready to run through ppl

Question - S. Rapira - What is his best position?

* - Another option is for Inu to play at centre with Tupou/Locke/Fish outside him. I guess last resort if Moon has a shocker.

playdaball

Bench
With a short turn around and after being bashed by the Sharks, the St George team could be there for the taking.

Dont we play Cronulla in Taupo next round? Oh no