What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team v Dragons

billy2

Juniors
Wes and Kev had numbers 19 and 20 in the trial, which makes me think they are headed for reserve grade - but Wes played better than Sau IMO.

chinorocks

Juniors
My team. Not the one I think will be picked...

Boyd
Uate
Wes
Tahu
McManus
Gidley
Mullen
Snowden
Buderus
Costigan
Taia
Houston
Cuthbertson

Faas
Hilder
Mckinnon
Tetevano

Silent Knight

First Grade
Wasn't Wes signed on the promise of first shot at centre for this season? I guess that started and ended with the trials maybe.

As if a player can expect a first grade berth based merely on what is promised in their contract. It all comes down to form. If Wayne thinks Wes has earned a FG spot based on his trial performances, then he'll get picked. If not, tough cookie. The days where a player can take their starting FG position for granted are over. Complacency will not be tolerated.

It's simple for a Knights player now. Perform...or perish.

billy2

Juniors
another factor with wes is that his arm was very heavily strapped.
maybe he hasn't got full strength back yet

My team. Not the one I think will be picked...

Boyd
Uate
Wes
Tahu
McManus
Gidley
Mullen
Snowden
Buderus
Costigan
Taia
Houston
Cuthbertson

Faas
Hilder
Mckinnon
Tetevano

This would be our strongest lineup if Tui is on the outer. My only change would be Edwards over Tetevano. If Eddy cant bring the goods in attack then bring in tets/cook

timka4

Bench
I haven't watched any of the Trials, but after a couple of games last year with Tetevano, I was keen to see him make it full time on the bench.
I guess with Cuthbo joining, that was gonna make it a lot harder for him.

Wes was concerned Tahu would take his place. He was told Tahu would have to displace him in the side IF his form maintained itself. Obviously Tahu has done that unless we are bad judges. So i guess there was no guarantee. It is in a newie herald report from last june i think.

billy2

Juniors
Boyd
Uate
Tahu
wes/Sau - toss a coin
McManus
Gidley
Mullen
Snowden
Buderus
Cuthbertson
Houston
Taia
Costigan

Hilder
Faas
Edwards
McKinnon

Tetevano 18th man

billy2

Juniors
has Edwards been trialling at prop?

I've always thought he lacks the size to play up front.
Edwards had a run at prop the other night.

It's hard to say what he weighs now. He has definately lost a lot of fat and looks trimmer, but may have added muscle of the same weight.
Eddy didn't look like he was giving his usual 100% in the trials - don't know if he was in trial mode, or if he is working on new skills and was not hitting so hard for that reason.

If you cut his head off he would look like a completely different guy - totally different build.

billy2

Juniors
Eddy's profile this year says 99kg.
Last year it was 102kg.
I imagine he has added 5kg of muscle and dropped 8kg of fat.

billy2

Juniors
1659004.jpg

weightwatchers Eddy

RABK

Referee
And yes, Edwards looks far too skinny - perhaps it's just the photo creating an illusion but Costigan looks like the only one who should be playing Rugby League.

billy2

Juniors
Sau and Eddy have had the biggest body shape changes - and both have looked down on form so far - but to be fair we haven't seen them in an 80 minute game to judge how much more petrol they have in the tank.

slotmachine

First Grade
Edwards looks like a winger! I don't see him playing front row in the nrl.

big guns are nice for impressing the ladies and that's about it. look how big snowdens frame is, he dwarfs nev and that ranga winger.

Latest posts