What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team v Dragons

Footin mouth

Juniors
I think that there is some selection headaches for the NSW cup side, there is depth in the side this year so good luck to the selector's and players.

billy2

Juniors
Eddy looks a bit bigger than Steve Southern and just as fit now.
We could see him put in an 80 minute game.

Rolla

Juniors
Which sides have the centres been playing on?

Good to hear Jimmy is showing a bit more toe! Has he lost weight? I think he will need to improve on last years performances to keep his spot this year.... But I also think he has it in him to do so.

billy2

Juniors
Eddy and McKinnon look very similar, but McKinnon is the 10% bigger version.

McKinnon will be a prop by next year - he is growing by the minute.

The other guy who has grown a lot and is now obviously a big prop is Rochow. He converted to prop about halfway through last season and is Snowy sized now, and still looks pretty mobile.

Pika

Bench
Rod Mason is bigger and faster than all of them.

Currently 112kg and very lean with a 40m of 5.12.

He puts on 5-10kg of lean mass a year.

Who knows when he will stop growing.

Played about 20 minutes against Wests yesterday and every touch was quality.

billy2

Juniors
Rod Mason is bigger and faster than all of them.

Currently 112kg and very lean with a 40m of 5.12.

He puts on 5-10kg of lean mass a year.

Who knows when he will stop growing.

Played about 20 minutes against Wests yesterday and every touch was quality.
i agree with that - he was clearly the best 'go forward' guy - even if he was playing second row - and big Sawene could be good when he learns to get more involved.
Rod had more impact than Laurie and worked harder.
Hardly noticed Tui at all.

billy2

Juniors
How old is Rod? Think he could be as good as his brother?
Rod is 21 - Willie was playing for Aus at that age i think.

Having said that, he is another who has changed his body shape a lot in the off season. He actually has that tall, lean build with broad shoulders like Willie now.

In the first trial he did nothing. Looked completely different this trial - must be a Mason thing - turns up to play half the time.

Pika

Bench
Did you get any pics of him on the weekend billy?

His frame stood out in a line that included Wade, O'Donnell and the two lads from Fiji (who are massive as well).

billy2

Juniors
Did you get any pics of him on the weekend billy?

His frame stood out in a line that included Wade, O'Donnell and the two lads from Fiji (who are massive as well).
not doing pics anymore.

Wade looks huge but he only does 2 or 3 hard runs a game - I suppose it will come with time.

That 20 year old Fijian prop, Sawene, already looks better than Wade and he has only been with us for a month (came a week before the trials).

When they were warming up there were people on the sidelines who had obviously seen a lot of football who were amased at the size of Laurie, Mason, Sawene, Wade, O'Donnell etc.

I'm glad we have Tinkler on board or we wouldn't be able to afford to feed them.

Last edited:

billy2

Juniors
Billy why aren't you doing the photos anymore?
Half because i cop nothing but shit for doing it, and half because i can't watch football and take photos at the same time. I always went home remembering nothing of the game except what lens setting worked.
I only did it one game a year anyway.

Yosh

Coach
Tinks is huge as well so can't have forwards smaller than our owner.

Eddy does look like a winger lol!

aqua_duck

Coach
Rodney Mason I think is a bloke who will get better and better, as he gets older and learns to use his natural size and athleticism he'll become the forward that Kaufusi should've been

Big Tim

First Grade
Half because i cop nothing but shit for doing it, and half because i can't watch football and take photos at the same time. I always went home remembering nothing of the game except what lens setting worked.
I only did it one game a year anyway.

Thats a shame mate. I know what those people are getting at, but it is nice to have an idea of the builds of our younger players so that when you go to a game, you can pick oout which kid is which because you have an idea what they look like.

Otherwise its 13 players who are tall, short, skinny, lanky or fat, with dark, tanned or light skin with crazy haircuts.......

Latest posts