What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team V Manly

Tom155

Coach
1. Wes N
2. Kev N
3. Williams
4. Doogs
5. Aku
6. Mullen
7. Gidley
8. Cross
9. De Gois
10. Edwards
11. Mika
12. Taia
13. Hilder

14. Taufua
15. Kaufusi
16. Tovo
17. Tetavano/Cook

roopy

Referee
1. Wes N
2. Kev N
3. Williams
4. Doogs
5. Aku
6. Mullen
7. Gidley
8. Cross
9. De Gois
10. Edwards
11. Mika
12. Taia
13. Hilder

14. Taufua
15. Kaufusi
16. Tovo
17. Tetavano/Cook

That would be a great team to watch - maybe Miller at 17.

perverse

Referee
1 - Shannon McDonnell
2 - Akuila Uate
3 - Adam MacDougall
4 - Pete Mata'utia (time to see what he can do in FG)
5 - James McManus
6 - Jarrod Mullen
7 - Kurt Gidley
8 - Ben Cross
9 - Isaac De Gois
10 - Joel Edwards
11 - Con Mika
12 - Zeb Taia
13 - Mark Taufua

14 - Matt Hilder
15 - Steve Simpson
16 - Dan Tolar
17 - Wes Naiqama
in a thread full of dumb teams, this is the worst.

you're kidding with Mata'utia. has done nothing to deserve a first grade spot for a good long time now. in fact why the f**k drop Sau in the first place... especially for a kid that has done piss all to demand a first grade spot. he's average in a lesser comp.

Mika in the run on side... what is the most number of minutes he has played for us this year in a match? what was his workload in that time? you just want to chuck him in a starting position? turn it up. he has to at least get through a bit of work from the bloody bench before he's even remotely considered for a first grade spot. he has done PISS ALL except put a few big hits on. would be on the bench in my team and i would start easing more minutes and a higher workload onto him.

Simpson on the bench... he's busted. gone. knee is mince meat. the silence from the club is deafening on this one. probably won't play in Knights colours again unless they can find some glue that will hold his knee together for a run on old boys day. my suspicion is we've seen the last of him.

McDonnell starting at fullback instead of Wes. ridiculous. Wes has provided far more this year from fullback than Shannon "I sh*t my pants when i get the ball" McDonnell. this could only be past Wes hate from last year and earlier. get with the times. Wes has gone pretty decently this year. may have dropped 1 or 2 balls, but who on our team hasn't now?

McManus has a grade 2 (minimum) medial ligament tear.

Hilder on the bench at this stage seems pretty ludicrous given he's one of the few that has a red hot dig every week.

those are the 6 immediate absolute ridiculous clangers in this team that spring to mind. Tolar should also just be shot to put him out of his own sub-mediocre misery.

i'm going to assume Doogs is injured. it's probably the safer bet.

1. Wes
2. Aku
3. Sau
4. Lulia/Vuna
5. Vuna/Kev N. (a bloke that HAS actually been putting his hand up for first grade)
6. Mullen
7. Gidley
8. Cross
9. De Gois
10. Edwards
11. Taia
12. Ciraldo
13. Hilder

14. Fa'aoso
15. Taufua
16. Mika
17. A youngin. Cook, Tetevano, Tovo... whoever.

honestly that is the best we can do at this stage. 1, maybe 2 new faces. i would give Edwards a starting spot. we could see some rapid improvement from him over the next 12 months. he is already a better option than Tolar. Ciraldo has to start, he's all we've got left... it's that simple. saying Mika could do any sort of job as a starting backrower in first grade at the moment is taking the piss. at least Ciraldo has a crack... as sh*t as he is.

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
A lot of possibilities for next week, though I think that team above is probably a pretty close guess at this stage (though Lulia did his medial last week, so he's more or less gone for the season).

As a result the new face we're most likely to see is Kev N, and unless Fa'aoso is ruled out with that neck problem we aren't going to see any other forwards I think.

Joker's Wild

Coach
If we are going to give Kev N a run Id like to see whoever plays inside him for the Centurions given a call up too. Is it Williams? I have a feeling (roop please confirm/deny) that they are a big reason why Kev has been such a try scoring machine

Whats Doing

Bench
Got to agree with Perverse on this one. There won't be wholesale changes but we need to blood new players slowly. Young Kev should be a definite and maybe Williams.

I am also yet to see the value in Mika. Goes MIA alot except for a few big hits when you think where has he been.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
in a thread full of dumb teams, this is the worst.
:lol: f**k, how dare I have an opinion in a thread titled "Your team vs Manly." Give yourself an uppercut. Deadset.

And also, RE: Simmo and Jim - didn't know Jimmy was injured at the time of the post, and also read Simmo is a chance of being back on Monday.

Last edited:

League_God

Juniors
1. Wes
2. Aku

3. Sau
4. Lulia/Vuna
5. Vuna/Kev N. (a bloke that HAS actually been putting his hand up for first grade)
6. Mullen
7. Gidley
8. Cross
9. De Gois
10. Edwards
11. Taia
12. Ciraldo
13. Hilder

14. Fa'aoso
15. Taufua
16. Mika
17. A youngin. Cook, Tetevano, Tovo... whoever.

swap the bold :D

on a serious note. lulia is injured.

aqua_duck

Coach
IMO Tetevano is a must, he's been playing well this year and has been playing some big minutes, also physically he's more than ready.
Mata'utia hasn't been at his best this year but we need to see if he's got it or not. Vuna is gone next year, Mata'utia needs to show if he is 1st grade quality or not, I mean I hardly think Vuna is that much better a centre that it'll influence the result

perverse

Referee
:lol: f**k, how dare I have an opinion in a thread titled "Your team vs Manly." Give yourself an uppercut. Deadset.

And also, RE: Simmo and Jim - didn't know Jimmy was injured at the time of the post, and also read Simmo is a chance of being back on Monday.
You poor little girl jd. You think that a thread about posting your team automatically allows you free licence to be a sh*t merkin without being called out on it. It's my opinion that the team you posted is completely terrible for the reasons I have specified. If you can't handle that without being a soggy vagina about it then I feel for you. How about actually taking what I have said on board... you might learn something and begin your escape from the spiral of mediocrity you find yourself in... because there was a lot more bad in your team than a couple of injuries.

And as for the Lulia injury - cheers guys. I suspected he was injured but wasn't sure on timeframe, hence Kev potentially debuting. Take notes jd, this is how you could respond to criticism and queries without acting like a precious 13 year old girl. Actually responding to the post rather than chucking a tanty is a good start.

roopy

Referee
I think Pete Mata'utia is showing enough to show he could play firstgrade.
Not at fullback, he is very iffy under the high ball still, but he shows in every tackle that he is strong enough to play at a higher level than NYC. He isn't scoring the tries and making the breaks of last year, but taking 3 and 4 defenders to put him down and offloading at will shows he is physically ready for the big time.

perverse

Referee
he's got to put his hand up and show he's keen for mine roops. just because he shows certain skills that he could use in first grade means nothing. he should be murdering NYC if he was genuinely first grade ready at the moment. first grade is as much about attitude as talent... perhaps even more so about attitude.

Kev N should be getting the callup way before Pete.

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
Yep, I think thats where its at...if we were given a sneak peek at this thread early last season, it would be funny to think that we're talking about Kev being much more likely to get into firstgrade than Pete!

88.Knights

Juniors
i think if kev does get the call up to fg this week it would be the perfect time to drop sau, give him some time on the sidelines make him want to play fg again, and pair kev up with wes. i really think kev will play better because of it, ezpecially on debut having that combo with wes should make things a bit easier and utilise kev's attacking prowess more. and assuming it will be maddog and uate on the other side.

i think if kev does get the call up to fg this week it would be the perfect time to drop sau, give him some time on the sidelines make him want to play fg again, and pair kev up with wes. i really think kev will play better because of it, ezpecially on debut having that combo with wes should make things a bit easier and utilise kev's attacking prowess more. and assuming it will be maddog and uate on the other side.

Why would it make it easier for him when they have played maybe 1 game together in the Centurians.......

And RE Sau being dropped its useless to even mention it because it wont happen.

red and blue

Juniors
1.Gids
2.kev
3.Wes
4.Doogs
5.Uate
6.Hilder
7.Mullen(NO SCOTTY Please Rick)
8.Cross
9.Degois
10.Edwards
11.Taia
12.Tafua
13.Mika

14.Kafusi
15.Faas
16.Simpson
17.Ciraldo

Not crazy about this team either.

Pika

Bench
IMO Tetevano is a must, he's been playing well this year and has been playing some big minutes, also physically he's more than ready.
Mata'utia hasn't been at his best this year but we need to see if he's got it or not. Vuna is gone next year, Mata'utia needs to show if he is 1st grade quality or not, I mean I hardly think Vuna is that much better a centre that it'll influence the result

Zane has had two good games all year, albiet his last two.

For the rest of the season he has been over shadowed by Herman on the other edge.

Regardless, Zane has the size and athleticism to handle NRL and I agree with your comment about him getting a start.

88.Knights

Juniors
Why would it make it easier for him when they have played maybe 1 game together in the Centurians.......

And RE Sau being dropped its useless to even mention it because it wont happen.

Im thinking more of there combinations in the fiji team, + the fact there brothers, and it should happen. its not like weve got anything to lose.:crazy:

Latest posts