What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team v roosters

Pika

Bench
Gids will be right.

Cooper gets a shot for Lulia.

Marv and Wes dropped for Natusch and Tovo.

Lets get some muscle on the bench for once.

How can we start with one bench prop against Manly????

Spike

First Grade
I thought I heard Natusch was injured playing for Lakes and was out for a few weeks?

shane1970

Juniors
And although relative to Pika's question above - How is the interchanging of Faas with Wes a legitimate swap - that would have to be one of the WORST impact interchanges I have seen since the rule came in. A JOKE - CRAP - LUDICROUS and many other words come to mind.

pinny

Juniors
saw timmy at the game last night, he was cleared and ready to go .Is it true he is looking for another club,not wanted?

Pika

Bench
I think there is a little doubt surrounding Tim now Brian has left.

I hope he gets kept on.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: @ Karma's usual Scott-bashing after a game we lose.

As for the team:

1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. Cooper Vuna
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Akuila Uate
6. Ben Rogers
7. Jarrod Mullen (I'm hoping he'll be right, otherwise we're farked)
8. Mark Taufua
9. Isaac De Gois
10. Steve Simpson
11. Zeb Taia
12. Cory Paterson
13. Matt Hilder

14. George Ndaira
15. Tim Natusch
16. Richie Fa'aoso
17. Danny Wicks

*Note to Karma: Dureau not in the team as he's injured ;-)*

Serc

First Grade
I want you to go and watch the 39th minute try the Sea Eagles scored. He stood by, looked on as Manly players ran right past him, looked inside to see what team mate was chasing instead of having a go himself, and then jogged half hearted the entire way to the try line.

If he was playing injured, then he was a bigger passenger than he already is, and I can understand why he'd be replaced.

Theres your answer ^

To me it was quite obvious watching his chase for that Foran try (i think this is the same one) that he was injured, which is a shame as I think he was pretty fit for the first 10-15 mins when he was playing really well, then whatever injury he carried into the game (I think someone else mentioned this) went pear shaped after that and he limped along as much as possible until he was pulled off early in the 2nd half.

roopy

Referee
Stig is a clone of Chris Bailey.
Not what Smith is looking for, but who knows what the new coach will be looking for?

BG

Juniors
1. McDonnell
2. Uate
3. Keith
4. Doogs
5. Coops

6. Kids
7. Mullo

8. Mark
9. Ike
10. Simmo
11. Pato
12. Zeb
13. Hilder

14. Rogers
15. Faas
16. Wicks
17. Timmy

Assuming no injuries in the halves, how would you use Rogers off the bench? At lock? Didn't think he went that well when shifted there for Souths in 2007 tbh.

Apey

Staff member
what is it with Rogers uncanny ability to kick out on the full btw? are they 40/20 attempts or what? :lol:

I agree with Karma about Scott being a speedbump though.. will someone teach him to tackle around the legs? seems 90% of his missed tackles are because he goes around the ribs or even the shoulders at times and the guy just ducks underneath him... something a forward can get away with but not a tiny halfback.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Least Dureau's 40/20 attempts come off more regularly than they go out on the full ...

ankur

Juniors
this will be the team
Brian smith will uze mullen of the bench
1. Gidley (C)
2. Vuna ( mcmanus isnt quite ready )
3. Sau
4. MacDougall
5. Uate
6. Rogers
7. Dureau
8. Taufua
9. De gois
10. Fa'asso
11. Simpson
12. Taia
13. Hilder

14. Mullen ( not sure if brian smith will think hes 100 percent, this worked great for us at beggining of the season though .)
15. Tolar
16. Karawana (lucky)
17. Wicks
18th man - Paterson

Karmawave

Bench
Rogers also in doubt now?

Maybe it's time for the Stig?

Oh My God. If Stig plays first grade this year, write the season off as gone. There is no way in this entire world that he is ready for first grade, let alone has any kind of ability resembling that of a first grader.

What a joke.

Do u think stig is ready for a run in first grade or that a stupid idea?

It's a stupid idea, but hey, it might happen.

:lol: @ Karma's usual Scott-bashing after a game we lose.

*Note to Karma: Dureau not in the team as he's injured ;-)*

I can handle losing. I can handle less talented players trying their guts off and giving 110% the entire match.

I can't handle a less talented player jogging half hearted after the opposition, looking around to see what other team mate can make the tackle, and not giving 100%.

Dureau's 39th minute effort, overshadowed for me anything else I've ever said about the bloke's lack of ability or anything else.

I never thought I'd see him give up, that's for sure. Or shirk his job to someone else.

Least Dureau's 40/20 attempts come off more regularly than they go out on the full ...

Absolutely. And if we continue to leak 44 points a match, he might need to up his 1 x 40/20 to 6 or 7 per match.

randy chicken

Juniors
Are you kidding mate?

I want you to go and watch the 39th minute try the Sea Eagles scored. He stood by, looked on as Manly players ran right past him, looked inside to see what team mate was chasing instead of having a go himself, and then jogged half hearted the entire way to the try line.

And then, check out his tackling ' effort ' with Steve Simpson on George Rose. ( It didn't surprise me that Smith pulled him after that one at all ).

If that wasn't enough, I'm certain Mad Dog rushed in off his man because he had no confidence on Dureau making a tackle inside of him with T. Williams first half try.

I mean come on mate.

If anything Brian Smith saved Dureau from double digit missed tackles by the end of the game.

If he was playing injured, then he was a bigger passenger than he already is, and I can understand why he'd be replaced.

Even when he was running through supporting his team mates he was embarrasingly slow and forwards ran past him. Is it possible he'd be the slowest player in the side - forwards included?!

I think barring injuries, he'll be seeing a lot of time at Macquarie before the end of the year.

I can't believe you didn't notice the half hearted efforts he put in with his defence and chasing Manly players down the ground. It was unbelievable.

A relo of mine is a massive Dureau fan, and even they admitted tonight he deserved to be replaced.

Seriously, forgetting all the other stuff for a minute, his 39th minute effort overshadowed anything else he did tonight. I couldn't believe it.

He did his pre-requisite 40/20 kick , and like always, it was all downhill from there.

Karma once again you show your complete ignorance of the game and your Dureau bashing is boring boring boring!!!!!!

Dureau went into the game injured to help a severly depleted team and risked his own long tem involvment this year. it was obvious he couldnt run at top pace but did his best to guide the team around the park..He did not drop all those balss in our own 20 and why after two beautiful kicks in the fist 10 to put us in a try scoring position why on the 5th tackle would you throw the ball to rogers to kick out on the full and then on the next 5th get caught with the ball and not kick...it was all down hill from there..as for his tackling yes his timeing was out from a lack of match practise but you only see what you want to see and didnt anyone else miss a tackle??? ..watch the whole game karma and try and learn.

Karmawave

Bench
Karma once again you show your complete ignorance of the game and your Dureau bashing is boring boring boring!!!!!!

Dureau went into the game injured to help a severly depleted team and risked his own long tem involvment this year. it was obvious he couldnt run at top pace but did his best to guide the team around the park..He did not drop all those balss in our own 20 and why after two beautiful kicks in the fist 10 to put us in a try scoring position why on the 5th tackle would you throw the ball to rogers to kick out on the full and then on the next 5th get caught with the ball and not kick...it was all down hill from there..as for his tackling yes his timeing was out from a lack of match practise but you only see what you want to see and didnt anyone else miss a tackle??? ..watch the whole game karma and try and learn.

If you want to use ' injury ' as an excuse - he shouldn't have played to start with.

He gave up chasing, he shirked his load to a team mate, and he dropped his bundle - which is something I've never once associated with Scott Dureau before Friday night.

Lack of ability - yes.

Half hearted and gives up - never.

I can't even say that anymore.

I can see why Smith replaced him after the ' effort ' on George Rose.

If you're already a passenger at full health, what do you expect when you're half fit.

Latest posts