What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Team Vs Canberra

Frederick

Staff member
christopherjon said:
Kidley wasn't due back until round 15 according to the Knights website... that is the game against the Titans on June 23rd. Until then, I think Hinton will still have the job somehow.
I'm just going by an article I posted last night that said Kidley was expected to be back this week.
Also I didn;t realize Mad Pup's injury was severe? Noone has him in their teams, so that must be the case. Could be the opportunity Aku is looking for.
Mad Pup has a tricep injury and is extremely doubtful for next week.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. Luke MacDougall (pending fitness)
4. Brad Tighe
5. Adam MacDougall
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Luke Walsh
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus (c)
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Cory Paterson
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Todd Polglase
15. Mitchell Sargent
16. Matt White
17. Daniel Tolar

roopy

Referee
macavity said:
agreed, Snowy was one of our best on field, cant see why people are dropping him.
Snowy was dragging them metres upfield, taking three or four defenders to pull him down and hitting hard in defence.
Similar to Simmo, what he does doesn't always look spectacular, but it all takes a huge amount of petrol out of the opposition.
He will be fitter for the run, and for every run for that matter, and those of us who have seen a fully fit Snowy going hard in big games towards the end of the season know he can do the work of two Perrys on his day - and i'm not sure he didn't do the work of one and a half Perrys yesterday.
I reckon he will be on a misson to out muscle Tilse.

Johns Magic

Referee
1. Kidley
2. McManus
3. Tighe
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Luke MacDougall/Vuna
6. Mullen
7. Walsh
8. Perry
9. Buderus
10. Sargent
11. Simpson
12. Paterson
13. Young

14. Snowden
15. Woolnough
16. Tolar
17. Bailey

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
1. Kurt Gidley
2. James Mcmanus
3. Luke Mcgougall
4. Brad Tighe
5. Adam Mcdougall
6. Jarred Mullen
7. Luke Walsh
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Cory Paterson
13. Daniel Tolar
14. Mitchell Sargent
15. Chris Bailey
16. Daniel Abraham
17. Matthew White

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
With Walsh and Mullen in the halves, I don't think we'll be able to afford Bailey at lock.

Why do you think that out of curiousity? I would have thought bailey at lock would suit us to a tee. Mullen and walsh can be the ball players and bailey can play as a ball playing forward to give us another option in attack. I've got a big rap on bailey.

Apey

Staff member
http://kurtgidley.bigblog.com.au/index.do

I’m back for another blog and I have to say that it has been a pretty good week.
My shoulder is coming along well, and while I won’t be playing against the Tigers this weekend I am targeting next Monday night’s game against the Raiders as my comeback match. It will have been almost four weeks at that stage and I feel like my shoulder is up to the challenge.

Return of Gidley is sounding good. Btw, www.newcastleknights.com have a link to that blog on the homepage.

Serc

First Grade
Bring it home Knights said:
Why do you think that out of curiousity? I would have thought bailey at lock would suit us to a tee. Mullen and walsh can be the ball players and bailey can play as a ball playing forward to give us another option in attack. I've got a big rap on bailey.

Its defence, Walsh in particular. It would be different if Walshy had a backrower/lock like Abes playing at 5/8 though. Mullo is good but is no tackling machine.

Johns Magic

Referee
Bring it home Knights said:

Yeah it's pretty much as daveserc said.

Walsh will get targetted in defence from now on, and Mullen is no rock either. I think if we want to play these two in the side(and we must), then we need a lock who will make it his job to protect them.

I rate Bailey big time as well, but I don't think he's exactly what suits the side at the moment.

Paterson is a bit soft in defence at this stage, and hasn't exactly got a high workrate in this area either. That doesn't help.

Someone like Michael Young would be great in my opinion, because he'd tackle his arse off all day. There's something very Alan Tongue about him.

roopy

Referee
I think Mullen has finally reached a stage where he can hold his own in defence - and a couple more years will see him a very strong defender.
Walshy needs to hide more - he usually does, but i think he is trying to impress by getting stuck in - which would be fair enough if he didn't miss 7.

Walsh will be as strong a defender as Kimmorley or Orford in time, but he isn't yet.

I'd have him beside Simmo. Not many guys run at Simmo by choice, and running at Walsh to have the little guy slow you down and Simmo put a huge shot on your unprotected ribs still doesn't sound like much fun.

~knights~

Juniors
what was wong with Walsh on sunday

he seem to look injured everytime he tackled or kicked the ball....he kept going down on his haunches

roopy

Referee
~knights~ said:
what was wong with Walsh on sunday

he seem to look injured everytime he tackled or kicked the ball....he kept going down on his haunches
he got thumped in a tackle early.
he is pretty used to it.

Yosh

Coach
Hmm... Cant see Walsh as a bad defender. He knows his size disadvantage so does what is required for him not to get run over. I like how he kind of throws himself at the ball carrier before he gets to the line, so he kind hits first and waits for his mates around him to clean up the tackle. This is bettter then jsut waiting at the line waiting to be run over. He showed me enough yesterday that he isnt afraid, and I agree he will probably be a good defender as Kimmorley or Orford soon enough.

Putting Walsh on same side as Simmo sounds like a good idea. Mullen can hold his own if you ask me. Bailey is a world better then Tanner in every aspect of the game so cant see why not have him there...

keeney

First Grade
Kimmorley is a pretty decent defender, he rushes up sometimes, but he's very solid otherwise. Orford isn't called Ox without a reason. Both are considerably larger than Walsh. I think its optimistic to hope he can defend like those halves who weigh a good 7+ kg more than him.