What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 5 overrated players of all time?

blaza88z

Coach
I haven't read the previous 17 pages but surely James Tamou is somewhere on the list?

I can't remember the last time he was relevant in the rep arena, or even the first grade arena

Meth

Staff member
I don't know about all time, but right now, Cody Walker is worth a mention. I constantly hear about his amazing football ability which is supposedly peerless, but I am yet to see him actually do anything. I watched him closely last night and it seemed to me that promising attack died when the ball got into his hands.

Tommy Smith

Referee
that ain’t no thing to be sneezed at. That family weren’t going to kowtow to no nazi bullshit
And they sang like angels!
The Von Trapps were hard af
Indeed.

Though I was referring to their presumed Rugby League prowess, where even still I'd back the kids to outplay Sharon Woods.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
He is the 2010’s Richard Villasanti. Just plays a few good games at the right time but is a plodder besides that.

Shannon Boyd was just bigger than everybody else. Any advantage he had because of that faded away as the game got faster every year since 2016.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Carl Webb

Played one good Origin game in 2001 and made an entire career off the back of it.

Carl Webb was the kind of player that could find a good patch of form, but it would easily go down the drain with an injury or suspension. I think that is because he didn't have good discipline/ standards with his diet and fitness when he was playing, so it was worsened on the sidelines.

He started the 2007 season very good, for example, then he gets a broken jaw (Justin Poore?), and never returns the same player.

Dingo_dan

Juniors
Carl Webb was the kind of player that could find a good patch of form, but it would easily go down the drain with an injury or suspension. I think that is because he didn't have good discipline/ standards with his diet and fitness when he was playing, so it was worsened on the sidelines.

He started the 2007 season very good, for example, then he gets a broken jaw (Justin Poore?), and never returns the same player.

He had an absolute flying start to his time at the Cowboys. At the halfway point of 2005 it could have been argued that he was a better buy for the cowboys than even JT.

He either got suspended or injured just before the finals which was a shame as he could have made a difference in the finals that year

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
He had an absolute flying start to his time at the Cowboys. At the halfway point of 2005 it could have been argued that he was a better buy for the cowboys than even JT.

He either got suspended or injured just before the finals which was a shame as he could have made a difference in the finals that year

Ryan Hoffman did a dodgy wrestling tackle on Webb (before the Storm had the reputation on wrestle we know today), and Carl Webb got up and king hit him from behind.