What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube remove NRL videos

Brutus

Referee
Noa Nandruku said:
One of the most short-sighted and ridiculous decisions ever by the NRL. Again highlights the lack of people with :sarcasm: "vision" :sarcasm: in the offices of the NRL.

The appalling radio rights decision now this.

Short-sighted.

gr8_1

Juniors
Inferno said:
I wonder if its at the request of the NRL or channel 9/fox sports.

I had old videos on there recorded from the OptusTV & Ch7 days that have been removed. I would say its all Rugby League games recorded from TV.

You would think in times of decreasing crowds and more competition from other codes that the NewsLtd Rugby League would want maximum exposure. I guess what the fans want isn't one of there priorities.

drake

First Grade
GG NRL. Who wants free international promotion? Some US broadcaster might have seen something he likes and paid a crapload to show it in the US.

Well done.

NRL, taking league backwards in leaps and bounds.

edabomb

First Grade
The stupid thing is that youtube is the only way heaps of people can see these moments. Maybe if the NRL made older games watchable somehow this would make sense, w*nkers.

*Paul*

Juniors
They stopped me from merely linking to their own site... just a link - that's how anal they are.

"People aren't watching the forty minutes of ads during the broadcasts, or signing up to Foxtel, they're looking at grainy 30sec clips from 2004 intead. Oh the humanity! We must stop this now!"

Perth Red

Post Whore
Free worldwide exposure for RL and the Australian comp. Wake up to the 21st century Gallop!

morri (cWo)

First Grade
this is a joke. as a creator of one of the tribute vidoes (not going to name which one cause its still up) i feel people should be very angry at this decison.

drake

First Grade
Here's my diatribe submitted to the above website.
"Dear Mr Gallop and NRL legal staff,

Whilst I understand that you feel you own the Intellectual Property of Rugby League, regardless of the fact that the game existed a long time before the NRL was created, the removal of these snippets of Rugby League geatness has only hurt the game, and seemingly more importantly, your own possible revenues.

The fact that people from any corner of the globe may have stumbled across some highlights of hard, skillful and brilliant play may have lead to real international interest. Obviously, from this shortsighted and greedy decision, the sheer numbers of people that visit youtube daily and the possible exposure to international sportsfans has eluded you.

No longer can avid sports fans in the US (and let's face it, they're the ones you want) click on a video, wondering what the hell a rugby league is, and see a game that makes gridiron look like ballet dancers in crash helmets having a tea party.

Good job guys! You own our game now! You've done a bang up job of slowly choking the game to a select group of corporate entities, solely designed to keep sponsors able to advertise to their target audiences.

Too bad none of the companies I see listed below (Telstra, Carlton, Harvey Norman et al) want their products sold overseas."