What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Who cares that’s his business plus I couldn’t trust the published deal as it seems he has been in discussions with them for a while. We may be at the wrong end of the table but at least we don’t cheat
Yeah, fair enough, I posted the comment because apart from many people here, fans of other clubs don’t understand why he wants out.

Probably a vote of confidence in contemporary SGI when you think about it.

He’s going to be your best player this weekend. We could see his best game ever!! Terrible timing for my ugly lot.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Yeah, fair enough, I posted the comment because apart from many people here, fans of other clubs don’t understand why he wants out.

Probably a vote of confidence in contemporary SGI when you think about it.

He’s going to be your best player this weekend. We could see his best game ever!! Terrible timing for my ugly lot.
I'm predicting that Lomax will have a shocker this weekend. He has made the deal with the Eels, why should he bother trying to be the best player this weekend? He doesn't want to be at the club and there is no point playing for a contract as he has a new contract elsewhere and nothing left to prove.

You watch him miss a couple of easy conversions, that's if we score tries.

I'm predicting that Lomax will have a shocker this weekend. He has made the deal with the Eels, why should he bother trying to be the best player this weekend? He doesn't want to be at the club and there is no point playing for a contract as he has a new contract elsewhere and nothing left to prove.

I don’t like the cut of his jib either.

But I take it to heart he’s a great player and hopefully for you guys he uses the dissing he’s copping everywhere (it seems) and fights back.

Anyway, we will have a sportsman’s bet!

I think he’ll go over at least once himself, kick 5 conversions with 2 try assists.

Both benches are stacked with meat for the grinder, so I’m thinking the backs will need days out.

The middle is going to be terrifying.

Last edited:

Rocket Rod

Juniors

Haaa he misses easy conversions anyway
His goal kicking is nerve wracking

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I’ve taken a pay cut to get away from toxic managers and move to a better workplace.

I can’t imagine why anyone would want to join Parra. But I can absolutely understand someone wanting to get away from our management.
Yeah…but take a pay cut of $200k, when you’ve got about a 10 year window to make as much money as possible? I’d never take a pay cut to leave my job if it there was a toxic environment. I’d go somewhere else for at least the same or slightly less money. Not a quarter of my wage. that’s crazy.

Dragon David

First Grade
Haaa he misses easy conversions anyway
His goal kicking is nerve wracking
True, hahaha!

I hope that I am wrong and that he actually puts in for us until he is gone. Deep down he is still a Dragons at heart I would think, but something between him and Flanno happened during the pre-season I'm sure of it and whatever it was set the tone for him wanting out. The situation between him and Flanno possibly became untenable for want of a better word and was not able to be sorted.

thebigredv

First Grade
Has there been any interview with Lomax available to Dragons stakeholders as to why he is so desperate to get away? Does anyone have a reason from the horses mouth?

Earlier this year he was in the media saying he was focussed on winning a comp this year with the Dragons (while FLanagan is talking about focusing on 25/26) and then the next thing he is persisting for a release. I mean it can't only be about boxing. It's one thing to lose him and another to be left in the dark. Maybe it's another case of he wants a premiership and can't see one here anytime soon.

The only reason we are ok with his departure was he was overpaid. It's still a big loss and another void to fill for a club who has tried very unsuccessfully to sign everything that moves the last few years. Now the Eels get our cake and get to eat it to on a reduced salary while we are still left with even more questions than answers.

It just feels like another blow. Does anyone have clarity on this?

SBD82

Coach
Yeah…but take a pay cut of $200k, when you’ve got about a 10 year window to make as much money as possible? I’d never take a pay cut to leave my job if it there was a toxic environment. I’d go somewhere else for at least the same or slightly less money. Not a quarter of my wage. that’s crazy.
It’s crazy. But I’ve had managers that have sent me completely mad.

All signs in the last 10 years indicate that our management is more than capable of sending people completely mad.

BLM01

First Grade
If Parra get some sort of exemption, then the salary cap is more of a joke than it already is. Lower ranked teams have to pay overs, but higher ranked teams which already get the benefit of paying unders, want a further dispensation so they can fit a player that was overpaid by a lower ranked team into their salary cap.
No difference to Wighton. It is what the market value for a centre? of his standing / achievements in the game is worth. NRL would only be interested if his salary was below that which at 650K is not
It means we were paying overs
In respect to Zac's 200K a year pay loss (next 2-3 based on our generosity i bet they made up most of the difference somehow.
A 600K unit off the plan transferred after the expiry of the contact perhaps

Has there been any interview with Lomax available to Dragons stakeholders as to why he is so desperate to get away? Does anyone have a reason from the horses mouth?

Earlier this year he was in the media saying he was focussed on winning a comp this year with the Dragons (while FLanagan is talking about focusing on 25/26) and then the next thing he is persisting for a release. I mean it can't only be about boxing. It's one thing to lose him and another to be left in the dark. Maybe it's another case of he wants a premiership and can't see one here anytime soon.

The only reason we are ok with his departure was he was overpaid. It's still a big loss and another void to fill for a club who has tried very unsuccessfully to sign everything that moves the last few years. Now the Eels get our cake and get to eat it to on a reduced salary while we are still left with even more questions than answers.

It just feels like another blow. Does anyone have clarity on this?
Yep, he said he was happy to play on the wing and wanted to make a contribution anywhere he could. It was quite moving.

And it was great public relations for Zac, and people thought Flanno was changing things up. Novel …but worth a try.

A lot of top try scorers live out on the wing and those incredible acrobatic finishers our game excels at above all others.

Maybe not for purists who can’t see past the spiritual beauty of the pack, but for the rest of the world, wingers glitter and sparkle.

Last edited:

Gardenia

Juniors
Yeah neither would I. I needn't have bothered as the RBA and the bank gifted me a 30% pay cut with the rate increases.

TheRev

First Grade
Zac appears to have a massive rift with his teammates, ofcourse he wants out.. He doesn't want to be miserable at work everyday, not in a team sport.

Taking a pay cut is life (he knows he's getting overs), but I also have no doubt he thinks his value will go up under Arthur when he becomes the elite player that we are holding him back from (in his mind).