What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Mr Red

First Grade
He is a champion in the making and only got a chance by default.Poor player management again

He must be a starting centre next season.

He will physically mature with another off season under him. What impressed me most is his maturity especially calm under pressure... and having Widdop and Lomax as two goal kicking options, added value.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Agree Mr Red can play and did not look out of place at centre in either final. Now the media are on to him calling him out to be a SUPERSTAR in the making has added 000's to his pay packet.
Dragons need to move fast and lock him down past next year..what are they waiting for. I was surprised they only gave him a year not long ago, unless they are waiting for a cap change in 20..god knows..

Old Timer

Coach
Lomax is already the clubs best centre and by some margin.
He showed more in 4 games than Lafai & Aitken have in several seasons.
He actually understands how to play centre in attack and defence and his positional sense is absolutely top shelf.
He is also a talker and an organiser and that is paramount to having a good defensive line and heaven knows that side had some real issues earlier in the season.
If Millward is supposedly the guru that everyone says he is then signing Lomax for 4 years should present no problems what soever.
The one thing that may cause an issue is Mc Fookknuckle as coach because he is notoriously bad at picking the best side and reluctant to giving youth their rightful chance.

Last edited:

dragon thomo

Juniors
He is to good not to be in first grade, if he needs a game off through the year so be it, but do not put him back to reserve grade.
The main thing at the moment is to sign him up long term. Increase his current deal and then another good increase when he plays state of origin. The way he played against Brisbane and then handled Inglis the other night was incredible at 18 years old.
I believe the only thing that would hold him back is injury from being a future international.

The calm one

Juniors
Lomax is already the clubs best centre and by some margin.
He showed more in 4 games than Lafai & Aitken have in several seasons.
He actually understands how to play centre in attack and defence and his positional sense is absolutely top shelf.
He is also a talker and an organiser and that is paramount to having a good defensive line and heavy knows that side had some real issues earlier in the season.
If Millward is supposedly the guru that everyone says he is then signing Lomax for 4 years should present no problems what soever.
The one thing that may cause an issue is Mc Fookknuckle as coach because he is notoriously bad at picking the best side and reluctant to giving youth their rightful chance.
You go tell his manager you to extend his contract for another 4 years and see what he says. Good luck

Old Timer

Coach
You go tell his manager you to extend his contract for another 4 years and see what he says. Good luck
You need to offer the correct money and incentive and do it right now.
Kailyn Ponga, Nathan Cleary, Latrell Mitchell all good examples of how to negotiate a contract with a very talented young player.
I am positive Souths will do the same with their young stars like Campbell Graham.
In 4 years time Lomax is still only 22 so even then he has a long and prosperous career ahead of him.

SaintPauli

Juniors
With another pre season Lomax will bulk further and be ready to start in first grade. It's his position to loose. I would also teach him to do field goals! Imo we should have 2 players with field goal capabilities on the field. NRL today demands it due to its highly competitive nature and close games.

nontime111

Juniors
He must be a starting centre next season.

He will physically mature with another off season under him. What impressed me most is his maturity especially calm under pressure... and having Widdop and Lomax as two goal kicking options, added value.
I was blown away not only by his cool head and laserbeam goalkicking! but how GOOD and FAST thinking was he to drop off the tacker to allow Frizz to steal the ball!

gitano

Juniors
Played against many good young centres who made the step up. A lot weren't there physically in reggies let alone first grade but got the nod on potential, almost cotton wooled into first grade. Lomax looks to be an exception.

His defence is quality and some of his tough carries were decent enough the other night. He's an absolute ironing board frame wise at the moment too, looks a bit lean but having a hand/wrist injury wouldn't help. For mine he'll play 5kg heavier and what may be hard for people to understand, is he'll get quicker. The Morris boys were like baby giraffes in juniors, power brings speed.

His goalkicking is my only concern. When he strikes them he's as good as any, but he's missed a sitter against Newcastle and almost again against Souths. Reminds me of me missing a tap in par from 2ft in the Saturday stableford.

Old Timer

Coach
Played against many good young centres who made the step up. A lot weren't there physically in reggies let alone first grade but got the nod on potential, almost cotton wooled into first grade. Lomax looks to be an exception.

His defence is quality and some of his tough carries were decent enough the other night. He's an absolute ironing board frame wise at the moment too, looks a bit lean but having a hand/wrist injury wouldn't help. For mine he'll play 5kg heavier and what may be hard for people to understand, is he'll get quicker. The Morris boys were like baby giraffes in juniors, power brings speed.

His goalkicking is my only concern. When he strikes them he's as good as any, but he's missed a sitter against Newcastle and almost again against Souths. Reminds me of me missing a tap in par from 2ft in the Saturday stableford.
Widdop is the No 1 choice as goal kicker
so why worry bout Lomax who has missed 1 goal only, kicked 1 ugly one and kicked every other one pure including attempts from out wide.
He should be picked for his quality of centre play and anything else is an added bonus.
Have no concerns and embrace this young player with the same enthusiasm as he embraced getting his shot in the top grade.
For sure he will learn a lesson or 2 against opponents along the way but Lomax will win / save us far many more games than he will lose us.

The Damo

Juniors
so why worry bout Lomax who has missed 1 goal only, kicked 1 ugly one and kicked every other one pure including attempts from out wide.
He should be picked for his quality of centre play and anything else is an added bonus.
Have no concerns and embrace this young player with the same enthusiasm as he embraced getting his shot in the top grade.
For sure he will learn a lesson or 2 against opponents along the way but Lomax will win / save us far many more games than he will lose us.
Absolutely, he should be on the team regardless of kicking. The fact we’ll then have two top class goal kickers on the field is a bonus. But from the kicks he’s taken in first grade he’s an exceptional goal kicker. To slot it perfectly from the sideline, at Suncorp, in front of a screaming Qld horde, in a final, in his 2nd game? Exceptional. Speaks volumes about his mental aptitude under pressure and his maturity.

hazzbeen

Bench
Absolutely, he should be on the team regardless of kicking. The fact we’ll then have two top class goal kickers on the field is a bonus. But from the kicks he’s taken in first grade he’s an exceptional goal kicker. To slot it perfectly from the sideline, at Suncorp, in front of a screaming Qld horde, in a final, in his 2nd game? Exceptional. Speaks volumes about his mental aptitude under pressure and his maturity.
Has to be in the side , Three full games in top grade , played in 2 pressure games , played against one of the top line players in the world Inglis , the kids a gun player . He will only get better with more games under his belt .....

aquiin

Juniors
With another pre season Lomax will bulk further and be ready to start in first grade. It's his position to loose. I would also teach him to do field goals! Imo we should have 2 players with field goal capabilities on the field. NRL today demands it due to its highly competitive nature and close games.

He kicks field goals. Got one in SOO under 18s.

Usually connects better with drop outs than what we saw.

JDHD

Juniors

What I love most about Lomax is, when he’s under pressure, his instincts are spot on. If he’s got the ball, his instinct is to create space, either through footwork or strength, and then promote the ball, either, again, through footwork and strength, or with a deft offload or, as we saw at Suncorp, a kick.
In defence, his instinct is always ‘take the man with the ball’, which will save far more tries than it will concede.

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he played for the Kangaroos in a couple of years.

blacksafake

First Grade
Kids a talent & that game against souffs will do him more good than harm. Let’s hope he has an injury free pre season so he can actually start the season in the top grade, otherwise he’ll be behind the black ball & the way they normally start the season he could be waiting a while to get picked again.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Kids a talent & that game against souffs will do him more good than harm. Let’s hope he has an injury free pre season so he can actually start the season in the top grade, otherwise he’ll be behind the black ball & the way they normally start the season he could be waiting a while to get picked again.
I share your sentiments. I am worried that Mary will start with Lomax on the wing next year and keep Lafai and Aitken as our centres. If he does, I will be shaking my head in disbelief.