What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

No surprise all three of the Storm, Eels and Chooks want Zac as do they reckon they could turn him into a super star, something this club has been unable to do while Hunt was calling the shots..

Last edited:
lets use the money /swap deal wisely otherwise we could end up with a couple of used by journeymen
Webb saying they wont be swapping Zac for anyone that ''does not fit the standard of Zac Lomax''. Expect he means the elite standard. So we either swap him for an elite centre, prop or half. The three positions where we need an injection of quality. Are there any on the market?

True_Believer

Juniors
Clubs can talk to him now. He doesn't have a contract for next year.
I believe he can talk to them, but can't actually sign until the end of the year (Or at least announce a new contract. I could be wrong here but that is what I've heard). It would be in his best interest to wait and see what offers come up while performing out of his skin this year to get a better offer. As I said, if we make the finals, he may wish to change his mind. Either way, I feel the club is in a better position.

Illusion

Bench
I believe he can talk to them, but can't actually sign until the end of the year (Or at least announce a new contract. I could be wrong here but that is what I've heard). It would be in his best interest to wait and see what offers come up while performing out of his skin this year to get a better offer. As I said, if we make the finals, he may wish to change his mind. Either way, I feel the club is in a better position.
So now he has no contract and if he decides he wants to stay ( which I believe he wont ) then we sign him for less money that he was on ......... :p:p Flannos a Genius ...........

Illusion

Bench
Webb saying they wont be swapping Zac for anyone that ''does not fit the standard of Zac Lomax''. Expect he means the elite standard. So we either swap him for an elite centre, prop or half. The three positions where we need an injection of quality. Are there any on the market?
Yep we will just cut him all together .........

True_Believer

Juniors
So now he has no contract and if he decides he wants to stay ( which I believe he wont ) then we sign him for less money that he was on ......... :p:p Flannos a Genius ...........
I don't believe he will either, but I think the idea is exactly that. In the event he does, then we are in the box seat given we've ripped up the final 2 years. I suspect we probably wouldn't even entertain the idea tbh given the fuss he's kicked up last year and this year.

Billy Slater has whacked the Dragons treatment of Lomax as ''double standards'', accusing the club of treating him differently to Hunt after the Red V skipper asked for an immediate release during the 2023 season.

''It's a little bit double standards when you're accepting to or you're open to releasing one sort of player ... but you're not going to look into a Ben Hunt situation. What works for one doesn't work for the other at the moment."

Last edited:

redVinme

Bench
Billy Slater has whacked the Dragons treatment of Lomax as ''double standards'', accusing the club of treating him differently to Hunt after the Red V skipper asked for an immediate release during the 2023 season.
It's a little bit double standards when you're accepting to or you're open to releasing one sort of player ... but you're not going to look into a Ben Hunt situation. What works for one doesn't work for the other at the moment."
Double contracts are fine tho aye billy boy. Great player but I care less than 0 on his opinions in morality

since77

Juniors
I'm a bit sad that it's come to this with Lomax - a very talented home grown player who ironically is probably in career best form last part of last season and the start of this season. Having said that, this is 100% on Lomax - whether its because he doesn't like playing wing or if he thinks he can get more $ elsewhere or if he's just wanting to move on to a club with more chances of winning a comp soon. It's a complete dick move.
I love that under Flanno we've become a club which has decided to play hardball in situations like the ones with Hunt & Lomax.
Whatever happens, Flanno is going to make sure the club wins in these situations. That hasn't happened for ages.
I hope that in a few years to come Lomax watches a Flanno coached Dragons side lift a trophy on GF day, preferably while he plays for the other team.

Daptodragon

Juniors
With Lomax going it sucks in some way....we get sick an tired like the Hunt on and off again saga but we need to move on.....it is disappointing that the bloke wants out with so much time left on his contract but the loyalty factor is long gone Im afraid....lets use the money /swap deal wisely otherwise we could end up with a couple of used by journeymen
Hope they don't waste all this money they have suddenly got on overweight, immobile forwards like NAS just because they might become available, he is not the type of player we need.

RedVee

First Grade
I'm a bit sad that it's come to this with Lomax - a very talented home grown player who ironically is probably in career best form last part of last season and the start of this season. Having said that, this is 100% on Lomax - whether its because he doesn't like playing wing or if he thinks he can get more $ elsewhere or if he's just wanting to move on to a club with more chances of winning a comp soon. It's a complete dick move.
I love that under Flanno we've become a club which has decided to play hardball in situations like the ones with Hunt & Lomax.
Whatever happens, Flanno is going to make sure the club wins in these situations. That hasn't happened for ages.
I hope that in a few years to come Lomax watches a Flanno coached Dragons side lift a trophy on GF day, preferably while he plays for the other team.
And his new team hasn’t won one in the meantime.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
With Lomax going it looks like we are going for Turuva. Which means the future could look like Bird/Tamale at centre with Turuva on the wing. We’ve still got Ramsay who I’d love to play wing in 2025 or Finau, Allan and Tuipolotu so we can save cap space to make a big play for a quality prop like Nelson, RCG, Fotuaika. Or a gun 6 who can play 7 like Talagi or Sandon Smith for the future.

Highly unlikely Ramsey will play NRL again.. sad but true

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
It's a little bit double standards when you're accepting to or you're open to releasing one sort of player ... but you're not going to look into a Ben Hunt situation. What works for one doesn't work for the other at the moment."
I think Hunt will be next to go… he could pick up a 2 year deal at the titans or dolphins easily enough

since77

Juniors
Why do we all call Lomax a junior? Isn’t he from Temora?
My assumption is it is Mary & Trent at Parra that have been keen on getting him there. There was a story last year about a mid year switch to Parra as well.
He was brought into grade through our junior pathways. Not technically a "home grown" junior but came into grade playing as part of our junior systems. This is true of a lot of clubs these days - the best prospects are pounced on fairly early.