What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Wolfgang90

Juniors

Dragon David

First Grade
That's not accurate, he never said he didn't rate flanno. It's fine to dislike Lomax but you need to stop making things up.
What I was alluding to was that he didn't give Flanno any credit for shifting him to the wing this season when in my opinion he could have at least said that "if Flanno didn't put me on the wing I most probably would not have been awarded the team winger medal and I am grateful to him" - that's all.

I haven't got any ill feelings for him - the headline says that it was a parting Flanno dig which the journalist highlighted, not me.

I hope that Lomax kills it when he plays for the Eels and I think he will.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
What I was alluding to was that he didn't give Flanno any credit for shifting him to the wing this season when in my opinion he could have at least said that "if Flanno didn't put me on the wing I most probably would not have been awarded the team winger medal and I am grateful to him" - that's all.

I haven't got any ill feelings for him - the headline says that it was a parting Flanno dig which the journalist highlighted, not me.

I hope that Lomax kills it when he plays for the Eels and I think he will.
He will kill it at the eels but he is a dick.

since77

Juniors
He's been coached in 3 meaningless exhibition games by "Madge" and he's the best coach he's ever had?
Sounds like all you have to do is blow smoke up Zac's ass for 3 weeks and you'll get his favourite coach award.

Had also decided before the season started he was leaving. Yeah don't let that door hit you on the way out Zac.

rasaint

Juniors
My opinion; Zac will at the same capacity and ability he has displayed at Dragons for many years with the eels.

He is an average NRL player who can kick goals. A slow winger/ centre. He will on occasion make a terrific play with a jumping high catch, flick pass or good angled run near the tryline. Their are many wingers / centres better.

56to66

Juniors
Unbelievable, he played shit for 5 years, then Flanno brings the best out of him, he throws the knives, what a Dick, some players need to understand the word gratitude and appreciation.
Some clubs adopt a no DH policy, obviously he doesn't fit well in the new regime, what did you want Zac for people to get on there knees and panda to your wishes, you couldn't handle the truth when Hook sent you to the reggies and spat the dummy when Flanno ranked you between 20-25 centre in the game, take you $850,000 shove it where it fits.

Last edited:

hewi

Bench
Who signed him and his brother up at I think 15, yes he was coached by a couple of dickheads, who told him some home truths finally and put him in a position where he won winger of the year? IMO he was destined to be club Captain, happy to see the back of him.

Coffs dragon

Bench
He’s been coached by The Peanut, Hook & Ryan Carr on L-plates, before he decided to want out before 24 season.
Flanno had not started his coaching stint as yet!

That’s not much opposition in comparison to Madge.

BLM01

First Grade
He’s been coached by The Peanut, Hook & Ryan Carr on L-plates, before he decided to want out before 24 season.
Flanno had not started his coaching stint as yet!

That’s not much opposition in comparison to Madge.
And how long has Madge coached him with other elites all of.. 3 x 10 day camps
That is a real like v like comparison
Unfortunately for Zac sometimes his mouth and his actions gets in the way of the good player that he is and elite he could be
Next month it will be Mal

Old Timer

Coach
And how long has Madge coached him with other elites all of.. 3 x 10 day camps
That is a real like v like comparison
Unfortunately for Zac sometimes his mouth and his actions gets in the way of the good player that he is and elite he could be
Next month it will be Mal
He is the one in the sheds and on the raining paddock so he is entitled to his opinion.

There is not 1 player at the club in the last 5 years who has trained harder, more professionally, more dedicated and presented himself on the field in top class condition than Zac Lomax and all the while he has been surrounded by coaching group that tolerated and rewarded unprofessional loafers and non achievers on the training paddock and on the field including our captain.

No doubt at SOO level there is no toleration of any sort and it is all high intensity stuff and to someone of Lomax's personality type that would naturally be terrific and exactly what he is looking for so why wouldn't he rate it as the best he has ever had.

BLM01

First Grade
My opinion; Zac will at the same capacity and ability he has displayed at Dragons for many years with the eels.

He is an average NRL player who can kick goals. A slow winger/ centre. He will on occasion make a terrific play with a jumping high catch, flick pass or good angled run near the tryline. Their are many wingers / centres better.
Finally.. some reality spoken
You did forget his efforts as that is what caught my eye at origin and that he was mistake free and goal kicked well
They have touted him with potential for so long and when finally he has a strong year in a position that freed him up and suited him more led to the media w..k fest.
I hope the media dont forget Xavier Coates because he is far superior than Zac in all parts of wing play except goal kicking...in fact both Storm wingers are
But Zac has been picked for Aus initial squad (congrats)..but we all know that most of the better wingers are injured, departing, moved into the centres to cover and not spoken about or eligible for different nations these days

Last edited:

He is an average NRL player who can kick goals. A slow winger/ centre. He will on occasion make a terrific play with a jumping high catch, flick pass or good angled run near the tryline. There are many wingers / centres better.
You nailed it, rasaint. Although you did forget to mention the prancing and dancing he does when running into the defence, instead of just running it back hard. Val is a much better player.

Close the Zac thread down. Just let him run around with the Eels next year and forget about him. He’s yesterday’s news now.

BLM01

First Grade
He is the one in the sheds and on the raining paddock so he is entitled to his opinion.

There is not 1 player at the club in the last 5 years who has trained harder, more professionally, more dedicated and presented himself on the field in top class condition than Zac Lomax and all the while he has been surrounded by coaching group that tolerated and rewarded unprofessional loafers and non achievers on the training paddock and on the field including our captain.

No doubt at SOO level there is no toleration of any sort and it is all high intensity stuff and to someone of Lomax's personality type that would naturally be terrific and exactly what he is looking for so why wouldn't he rate it as the best he has ever had.
Of course you would say that as a Flanno blamer hater..the blame and hate morphs itself in all shape and forms
Big statement by you
"not one player trained harder", more professionally, more dedicated last 5 years?. You know this how?
But Zac is entitled to his opinion.., as am I watching him for 7 years where he played the previous 6 as an individual not whats best for the team
But his words not mine..think about it
"Best coach.. hands down.. I have ever had". What you know after 3 origin camps where this more scrutiny, more $$ thrown at it and more at stake.
All that would have creedence if he went through an off season and played under Madge for 1 whole year
Why is it under this coach you love to hate that his form and abilities stood out to be picked for NSW
I hope they ask Zac the same question after the International series and same time next year?
He would of spent more time in camp with both
But carry on OT..Zac is right Flanno is a dud

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade

Also BTW, 2 of those those unprofessional loafers, non achievers that is not tolerated at SOO got picked at SOO for QLD.

since77

Juniors
Of course you would say that as a Flanno blamer hater..the blame and hate morphs itself in all shape and forms
But Zac is entitled to his opinion.., as am I watching him for 7 years
But his words not mine..think about it
"Best coach.. hands down.. I have ever had". What you know after 3 origin camps which has more scrutiny, more $$ thrown at it and more at stake
All that would have creedence if he went through an off season and played under Madge for 1 whole year
I hope they ask Zac the same question after the International series and same time next year?
He would of spent more time in camp with both
The other elephant in the room with flavour of the month "Madge" is that he quickly lost 2 playing groups in a row and became toxic. One at a premiership winning team and one at the wooden spooners. So both ends of the spectrum.
Not an character trait I'd want in my so called "best ever coach".
Amused to see OT backs the guy who had finally played 1 good consistent season in his 7th year of NRL. And that season just happened to coincide with a selection masterstroke by his new NRL coach after giving him some cold hard truths....