What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

nontime111

Juniors
I love his attitude! specially the old Lomax trademark of throwing blokes over his back as he fights to play the ball LOVE his attitude, a good push on some soufs loser last game too nice bit of mungrel get him in there Aitken is not even reserve grade

SAP58

Juniors
I see R. Garick. is nominated for "Rookie of the Year"Was this a Milward f**k up...
Who let this point scoring young champion,GO?
I must say Garrick was given a number of opportunities last year and performed poorly when given a chance in FG especially in defence he was generally a turnstile. The point is someone other than our development staff saw his ability and worked on his deficiencies and we have seen the result this year, we went out and replaced him with Rava and Pearson.....enough said !

BLM01

First Grade
I see R. Garick. is nominated for "Rookie of the Year"Was this a Milward f**k up...
Who let this point scoring young champion,GO?
No a coaching staff Stuff up to a point based on what he produced at our club
Millward is part to blame as should of been looking for wingers earlier when better potential ones available. Look at Parra saw something in Sivo that others could not and signed Fergo early.
When decided what we were doing and letting McD go we could not buy a quality winger at the time decisions were made as there none available fro sale..They tried for BMOZ but he said no thanks...dont blame him.

I admit Garrick is better than whet we have after his year in 2019 but he also had superior quality inside oif him, however Manly's right side defence is not great either.

Paddles

Juniors
Brad Arthur’s comments on Sivo, and Sivo’s development, show how inept our setup is. He saw his development and stuck with him for a season while he learned his craft and made mistakes. He’s now one of the most valuable and damaging wingers in the game.

Same goes for the rest of the rookie of the year nominations - Xerri, Garrick and so on.

Our coach frustrates, drops and blames players with similar upsides. Leilua remains on the fringe, Lomax sits behind the two worst centres in the comp and is dropped or played out of position, Ravilawa is dropped 3 times in a season among a revolving cast of wingers that McGregor has made a scapegoat for his failure.

It’s not the fault of guys like Garrick, Field etc if they don’t perform in our first grade setup. Clearly they have talent.

As far as memory serves, Garrick was rolled out for a trial (Charity Shield) in Mudgee at the start of 2018 and had a forgettable game after numerous defensive blunders. However his display was on par with any of Aitken’s showings in the past 18-24 months. To my knowledge that’s his one and only start in the red V. If he did get more game time than that it was not significant. That does not represent adequate opportunity for any promising kid who is a junior rep player. Frankly, Saints have reaped what they’ve sown in his case. You’d hate to think that history will continue to repeat but under the current leadership, that has happened with Robson, Timm, and possibly Kerr and Lomax. I also wonder what would have happened to Sailor and Ford if the club had not fallen out of contention for the finals so early, along with a significant late-season injury toll/player shortage. There is a clear problem with credible pathways under present management and to deny it while it goes unaddressed will lead to more departures that will sting.

rasaint

Juniors
Zac Lomax is an OK player. Full stop.

Kerr doesn’t seem to make an impact, despite towering size. Has made a few good charges in 1st grade.

Ford is a steady busy player. He is OK for the bench.

Sailor is a lively player. Pretty quick like his dad. Not overly impressive.

All the above have some talent and at one point or another have received the hype. I don’t expect any of the above to be State of Origin class.

Latest posts