What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Frank Facer

First Grade
When Aitken repeats his bad reads in defence and shows is still not able to set up his winger, he will get dropped because Mary is under pressure to win games, unless:
  • Mary is extended before round 1 and so is no longer accountable.
  • Aitken is injured and so there is no demonstrated issues.
  • Lomax spits the dummy and requests a realease to play with the Roosters.
I am not counting on Mary dropping Aitken. He hasn't done so in 4 seasons.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
When Aitken repeats his bad reads in defence and shows is still not able to set up his winger, he will get dropped because Mary is under pressure to win games, unless:
If idiot jerks Lomax around he'll be a rooster.....adolph Fittler’s waiting....

LINESPEED

Juniors

I’m not into conspiracy theories but one has to almost think Fittler’s stupidity in selecting Aitken in the emerging Blues (& thus more or less sanctioning Mary’s selection of him above Lomax) is designed to piss Lomax off so much that he does indeed end up with uncle Nick & Brad WTF.
As Aitken’s mentor, Waterboy’s ego will never admit error of judgement in his continued coddling of him.
Rd 1 teamsheet could be a sad story.

And if indeed Waterboy roots for Aitken over Lomax as starting centre Rd1 then it will be, for me, an unmitigated act of self-centred bastardry.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
If Aitken is selected at right centre, then select Lomax at left centre as he will be capable of making the adjustment, Lafai is not better a centre thaan Lomax and Lomax won't be made to look stupid outside Aitken. It will be the killing season for any winger selected outside Aitken.
Yeah but unfortunately as much as Mary loves Aitken he also equally loves Lafai. These 2 are our centres until the end of 2020 and if Mary has anything to say in it will be extended again and again and again.
Luckily they don't mind an injury so Lomax will get his shot soon enough.

possm

Coach
Zac Lomax (Dragons)
He is tall, skilful and only played a couple of first-grade games late last season but Zac Lomax for me is the person you must sit down and watch, even if you are not a Dragons supporter. Every time he touched the ball in St George Illawarra's finals push last year he looked dangerous. He’s got his right-foot step and provides a good target for kicks for the playmakers and defensively he's very sound. Zac is also an accurate goal kicker with a very easy to watch technique.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/04/jamie-soward-the-five-breakout-players-to-watch-in-2019/

gitano

Juniors
Zac Lomax (Dragons)
He is tall, skilful and only played a couple of first-grade games late last season but Zac Lomax for me is the person you must sit down and watch, even if you are not a Dragons supporter. Every time he touched the ball in St George Illawarra's finals push last year he looked dangerous. He’s got his right-foot step and provides a good target for kicks for the playmakers and defensively he's very sound. Zac is also an accurate goal kicker with a very easy to watch technique.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/04/jamie-soward-the-five-breakout-players-to-watch-in-2019/
Fell over leading to a try, missed a soft one on one against Walker, dropped a sitter and made a meal of another, turned over cheap ball with dumb offloads.

Good player but raw and developing. May get a shot over the rep period in the centres but needs to focus on winning a wing spot over Pearson, Ravalawa and co.

To my eye, he was more imposing a year or two ago. Looks too lean for the centres at NRL level.

Crush

Coach
I have a theory, maybe a bit unfair this early on BUT I reckon he is kick happy. He seems to put the ball on the boot alot to compensate for his lack of speed. Its a reflex and Ive noticed it on a few occasions. He makes a half break and kicks ahead where a fast strong centre would run.
Its because he is slow.

gitano

Juniors
I have a theory, maybe a bit unfair this early on BUT I reckon he is kick happy. He seems to put the ball on the boot alot to compensate for his lack of speed. Its a reflex and Ive noticed it on a few occasions. He makes a half break and kicks ahead where a fast strong centre would run.
Its because he is slow.
It's pretty standard for someone yet to really play much against men.

Trying to score off every play in a 40-38 shootout is like a different sport. It'll take time for him to develop. Patience isn't what many on here have a lot of funnily enough. Entertaining reading though.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Fell over leading to a try, missed a soft one on one against Walker, dropped a sitter and made a meal of another, turned over cheap ball with dumb offloads.

Good player but raw and developing. May get a shot over the rep period in the centres but needs to focus on winning a wing spot over Pearson, Ravalawa and co.

To my eye, he was more imposing a year or two ago. Looks too lean for the centres at NRL level.

As opposed to your mate who was shit in attack, shit in defence, made no metres ball in hand, threw stupid passes and generally ruined anything. No surprise the only try we scored on the right had to cut him out.

Of course my favourite was the absolute look of confusion on his face when caught out in defence when lomax had to come in to make a tackle mid field ...

Aitken has absolutely no game awareness.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
As opposed to your mate who was shit in attack, shit in defence, made no metres ball in hand, threw stupid passes and generally ruined anything. No surprise the only try we scored on the right had to cut him out.

Of course my favourite was the absolute look of confusion on his face when caught out in defence when lomax had to come in to make a tackle mid field ...

Aitken has absolutely no game awareness.

And its been like that for the past couple of years. Lomax has played how many senior games sand has done more than Aitken in he last two years.

Young Lomax is not a winger.

He is smart enough to know that Aitken and Lafai sit above him in Mary’s pecking order for a centre spot.

By his standards, he had a poor game.

Lomax was a bit nervous and probably was trying too hard.

After that performance, he will start the year in ISP.

I would give him 2-3 games in ISP to build his confidence.

I predict he will be playing first grade at right centre barring injury within 6-8 weeks.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Lomax deserves to be our centre over Aitken. Maybe Aitken will start the year to allow Lomax to settle in but he must finish the year there.

Lafai has done enough right now to keep his spot. His CS performance was good and I believe he's overall been always better than Aitken.

One more thing about Lafai is he does really great things for the club and with the young kids. When you see Dragons getting into the community and schools he's almost always one of the first ones you see getting involved. He's a great face of the club

nontime111

Juniors
I abhor how Lafai gets thrown in with the pile of rubbish that Aiken is...

Lafai was pretty good the other night I think hes in for a cracker of a season, if Lomax fires and comes really good after a few games well have a gun centre combo, and with strong fast wingers like Ravi and Pearson well be ok no panic but he MUST give Lomax a go Aitken is beyond sh(*^!

SnowDragon

Juniors

WOW what a timely reminder of his skills.

The only problem is that he is clearly out of form atm (based on trials only) and he does need to work on passing and positional defence. Lafai had a dismal first trial but a good CS. If Lomax had a good CS I would have had him replace Aitken, but he didn’t and we have a weakness and Inexperience in working together...

I’d need to see more in training to really be able to decide here.