1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Zac Lomax

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Fire, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

where is he from in NSW and when is his contract up?

2. gitano

gitano Juniors

Because someone needs to bring truth to the joint.
    You need to start with 'Hey Google' or 'OK Google'

Crush and Mjab like this.
  3. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

Good news for Zac should he be included in the Blues squad as he has earned it whether it’s from the bench or starting side . Either way tremendous experience for the you g man that shall Kota d him in good stead for the future .

Just on a side note it seems that Tommy the Turbo is also one of Freddy the Fiddler’s favorites . How the hell he could make it to the side after not playing since Adam was a boy has me beat ?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020 at 11:08 PM
  4. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

Staggs I think he’s from Wellington in NSW, we don’t need him. He’s great but let’s have a look at the Feagai boys first.

Mjab and redv13 like this.
  5. Forbes Creek Dragons

You know he’s 20 right?

This Year?, Mjab and redv13 like this.
  6. rasaint

rasaint Juniors

I don’t think Gitano has it ‘in for Zac Lomax’. Please note my balanced opinion of Zac page 66 of thread.

Many of the posters on the forum are critical of long term signings. Well Zac is a a very long term signing on significant coin ( $500k) for the next 6 years. Given he is a good goal kicker I would have been ok up to $350k, otherwise exclude the goal kicking I would rate him $300k at best. This is the problem Zac has been signed for a very long time on significant $$$ apparently for his ‘potential

Jack Gibson said that if someone has potential leave him in 2nd grade until he actually demonstrates it. Were there really all these clubs with bags of cash chasing Zac’s signature? Some may have at $250k to $300k for a couple of years but we go $500k for 6 years

Zac has done some good things this year such as a couple of reverse flicks for wingers trys, a couple of sublime high ball catches and one good kick and chase try. He is a committed player who gives his best every game.

But the reality check is that his defence is slow laterally, ok front on. He doesn’t threaten the defence and regularly break clear with dash. (Even the maligned Aiken carries strongly, makes breaks and has scored 40 NRL trys, some from 50 to 60 metres out ) Staggs, Crocker, Olan, Manu, Ramon, Best, that new gun 19 year old centre for Panthers (off top of head) are all at a much higher level than Zac.

I think Gitano cheers on Zac in a game as much as the rest of us. Wants him to be the ‘gifted one’ .Like me he is waiting to see a $500k a season top line centre not a largely unremarkable NRL player who can kick goals. Let’s all hope.

TruSaint and Mjab like this.
  7. since77

since77 Juniors

No Gitano is either Euan’s mummy or a really, really, really sad internet troll.

8. Forbes Creek Dragons

He does mate, he has never said one good thing about Zac and not one bad thing about EA, and nothing about any other player. Every other person on here will admit when EA has a good game, or Zac has a bad one. They also discuss other players and other subjects. I have never heard him once say Zac has even a reasonable game when he’s won man of the match even. Also as a side note the year he joined this forum is also the year EA signed with us....

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020 at 1:10 AM
    St George's Lance and redv13 like this.
  9. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Gitano is a flog who can soon f**k off to NZ. See ya f**kwit. Hopefully Browny can teach you a few things like catch and pass. Zac does that so well hence the 3 million dollar contract

RedV Resurgence likes this.
  10. gitano

gitano Juniors

We have a weiner! Post of the year.

11. gitano

gitano Juniors

Lol thanks for your interest, Sherlock.
    But I joined the forum years before then.

12. _snafu_

_snafu_ Referee

Aitken is shit. Can’t believe it has taken this long to work that out.

redv13 and Mjab like this.
  13. This Year?

This Year? Coach

Yes, hence the last sentence. Let's hope now he can get some some consistency in the one position instead of how he was used sparingly as a utility under McGregor. He has to prove he's worth his pricetag (which I think is a little too high).

TruSaint likes this.
  14. Forbes Creek Dragons

Not many 20 year olds are their teams leading point scorers. Plus he's been playing injured half the year. Hopefully with a good off season or two and a decent coach by the time he's 22-23 he will be flying.

15. True_Believer

True_Believer Juniors

He's a leading point scorer because he's a goal kicker. Not because he's 20. Look at the list, the top are all goal kickers. I'd be worried if he wasn't in the top 16 given he's a goal kicker.

16. Forbes Creek Dragons

He's also scored 10 tries to date which with our attack is pretty good. And doesn't the fact he remains our goal kicker add to his value? At the end of the day it doesn't really matter how he gets his points, fact is he has scored more than a lot of the other players in our team combined.

17. True_Believer

True_Believer Juniors

Lol. OK. If he wasn't a goal kicker he wouldn't be leading points scorer - simple as that. You're using it as some sort of justification for your unwavering adoration of him - which just seems bizarre.

Take away the tries and he's still leading points scorer - simply because he's our goal kicker. I'm sure Widdop was our leading points scorer every year he was with us as well.

18. Adolf_Spritzer

Adolf_Spritzer Juniors

I know it’s not the full story, but a quick check of the official NRL stats has everybodies darling Kotoni Staggs having an eerily similar season to EA’s breakout year. Ten tries for one try assist with an 85% tackle efficiency. At this point in is career he is a hard running ball hog who seemingly gets all his praise from a couple of good fends, instead of continued positional dominance. And I think it’s more than a stretch to have him in the same category as a Croker or Manu. Do it for half a decade and we’ll take notice, otherwise get in line son

Also pretty sure it’s Justin Olam, not Olan unless you’re referring to an entirely different player

19. possm

possm Coach

How many on this list:
    Are 20 yrs old or less
    Have scored 10 tries or more this season
    Are their Club's NRL team's top point scorer

By the way, can you furnish the list we are talking about, I'd ve very interested to view it.

20. Forbes Creek Dragons

Yeah and Widdop was on good coin and deserved it. Our top try scorer is Ravalawa on 13, so he's not far off that and if he were to bag a few in his last 2 games he could become our equal top try scorer for the year also, although unlikely it is possible. Not bad for a 20 year old yeah? Of course he is getting paid on potential somewhat but most teams have to do this to retain players at some stage. But even with this said considering he is a right centre which generally get a lot less ball than left centres, he is 20 and it is his first proper season of NRL in one position. He's more than earned his money this season in my opinion. You don't think the fact he brings high level goal kicking to the table is worth a few bucks or not?

RedV Resurgence likes this.