What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Well done to the three Saints guys! I can’t see any getting a start in the seventeen but great exposure for Lomax’s development to be around other players influences and out of the ‘Dragons only’ bubble.

I struggle to see how Fritz would get a start this year in the Origin 13 ahead of the Panthers back row, or Angus Crichton, Boyd Cordner, Cameron Murray, Wayne Graham etc ..and feel Cook would be an automatic choice due to his explosiveness from dummy half. Interesting to see what Qld do with their squad.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Well done to the three Saints guys! I can’t see any getting a start in the seventeen but great exposure for Lomax’s development to be around other players influences and out of the ‘Dragons only’ bubble.

I struggle to see how Fritz would get a start this year in the Origin 13 ahead of the Panthers back row, or Angus Crichton, Boyd Cordner, Cameron Murray, Wayne Graham etc ..and feel Cook would be an automatic choice due to his explosiveness from dummy half. Interesting to see what Qld do with their squad.
I’d go Reed Mahoney for sure, he’s a great little player.

matPORTS

Juniors
At least this was some good to come out of this year for us. Not only signing up Zac long term, but also him justifying that decision and making the Blues extended squad.

Future club captain and is going to break some points scoring records, if not go very close, along the way.

Well done !

Brutalitops

Juniors
At least this was some good to come out of this year for us. Not only signing up Zac long term, but also him justifying that decision and making the Blues extended squad.

Future club captain and is going to break some points scoring records, if not go very close, along the way.

Well done !
He will be our highest pointscorer I reckon, like our own Jarrod Croker but with a higher skill ceiling.

Says it all that he was up near the top of the NRL points tally despite being in a bottom 8 team

gitano

Juniors
He will be our highest pointscorer I reckon, like our own Jarrod Croker but with a higher skill ceiling.

Says it all that he was up near the top of the NRL points tally despite being in a bottom 8 team
It was his skill in getting stood up on a 1 metre short side by S(h)andor which sealed his place

getsmarty

Immortal
Zac Lomax reveals emotional response to NSW Blues State of Origin call-up
https%3A%2F%2Fimageresizer.static9.net.au%2FfcR87aTg_sT4iTNss20zpWSTxM8%3D%2F75x75%2Fsmart%2Fhttps%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2019%2F05%2F17%2F16%2F24%2Fchris-de-silva-sports-journalist-wide-world-of-sports.jpg
By Chris De Silva

Dragons star Zac Lomax has revealed how he was overcome with emotion after learning that he had made Brad Fittler's NSW Blues extended squad for this year's State of Origin series.

Lomax was left out of Fittler's initial selection, but was named after Manly star Tom Trbojevic was forced to withdraw from the Blues squad due to injury this week.

The Dragons flyer was joined in Fittler's squad by Knights enforcer Daniel Saifiti, who was selected after Newcastle was eliminated from the finals on Sunday.

The 21-year-old revealed how the phone call with Fittler went, before sharing a video of an emotional call with his parents after his chat with the Blues coach.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F6fd008ba-112c-499a-9e1d-30a5393e9604

Zac Lomax fights back tears during an emotional phone call with his parents after his Origin selection (Nine)
"Hey Freddy! How are you mate? I'm going good, I'm going good, are you all sweet? Are you all good?" Lomax told Nine News as he re-enacted the call with Fittler.

"And I was like, 'Yeah, yeah, I'm sweet', and I didn't really know what to say and he just asked me if I was busy in two weeks' time and said you're selected as a part of the Blues squad.

"I just broke down and it got pretty emotional and it was the best feeling ever."

In the emotional phone call with his parents, Lomax initially attempts to play it cool by casually asking his father what he was up to, before his father catches onto what is happening and yells out a "Yeah baby!", before telling his mother Lomax had gotten into the squad.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fb7186349-6c5a-4b75-a4f3-f2c5f10b10a3

The 21-year-old has enjoyed and outstanding season for the Dragons in 2020 (Getty)
The Dragons star was overcome with emotion at this point ,fighting back tears before exclaiming, "I got in! I got in!", before his dad responded with: "Of course you did! Well done".

On the cusp of his Origin debut, Lomax said he was "absolutely" prepared to start for Fittler's side, but said he was excited to simply learn from his teammates.

"I'm just looking to be going in there and to learn as much as I can and I'm just stoked to be a part of the team," he said.

"To just be a part of the squad is a dream come true."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/zac-lo...es-squad/0e31bcfa-6937-408d-bbb1-bd69932cd4be

tumbidragon

First Grade
When you feel a lot of players this season just want out of the bubble and couldn’t be arsed playing origin, this reaction shows his character. If an injury or two strikes I wouldn’t be surprised to see him train his way into the side.
Tariq and Vaughan could of had Zac's mentality. Freddy saw their lack of effort this season and rightfully left them out of the squad. Suck it fellas! In particular Vaughan who was more interested in doing his hair, having a laugh and sucking on an espresso in the stands!
Congrats Zack and Cam.

RedVDave

First Grade
What a legend Lomax has accomplished after just 1 full season in first grade. I'm obviously very happy for the bloke, but realistically what are the chance he gets a game?

gitano

Juniors
I was crying when he got in too.

Thing is, he's Bradbury'd his way into a 27 man squad and everyone on here is all like 'bUt He's tHE chOSen one!!1

Please. It's water off a duck's back for me, but the one thing that really shits me is a jersey being cheapened.

The Badger

Juniors

Well done !
Zac has achieved State of Origin inclusion despite playing outside Norman and having to create almost all his own opportunities. I agree he is a future club captain and the image of him contacting his parents says it all.He doesnt have to continually look at the big tele screen on the field to know who he is.He will be blown away running next to some of those great Origin players.Dont worry about him not being ready.It might just be easier playing for NSW than emerging as a star for the Dragons outfit he has been playing with.He didnt give up.Thats an Origin attitude.