What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Lol. OK. If he wasn't a goal kicker he wouldn't be leading points scorer - simple as that. You're using it as some sort of justification for your unwavering adoration of him - which just seems bizarre.

Take away the tries and he's still leading points scorer - simply because he's our goal kicker. I'm sure Widdop was our leading points scorer every year he was with us as well.
Yeah and Widdop was on good coin and deserved it. Our top try scorer is Ravalawa on 13, so he's not far off that and if he were to bag a few in his last 2 games he could become our equal top try scorer for the year also, although unlikely it is possible. Not bad for a 20 year old yeah? Of course he is getting paid on potential somewhat but most teams have to do this to retain players at some stage. But even with this said considering he is a right centre which generally get a lot less ball than left centres, he is 20 and it is his first proper season of NRL in one position. He's more than earned his money this season in my opinion. You don't think the fact he brings high level goal kicking to the table is worth a few bucks or not?

True_Believer

Juniors
Yeah and Widdop was on good coin and deserved it. Our top try scorer is Ravalawa on 13, so he's not far off that and if he were to bag a few in his last 2 games he could become our equal top try scorer for the year also, although unlikely it is possible. Not bad for a 20 year old yeah? Of course he is getting paid on potential somewhat but most teams have to do this to retain players at some stage. But even with this said considering he is a right centre which generally get a lot less ball than left centres, he is 20 and it is his first proper season of NRL in one position. He's more than earned his money this season in my opinion. You don't think the fact he brings high level goal kicking to the table is worth a few bucks or not?

So now it's about top try scorer? Your first post talks about being the top points scorer - and that has nothing to do with his age. It has to do with the fact he's a goal kicker.

I'm not talking about money at all - not sure why you are bringing that up. I'm pointing out that he's top point scorer because he's a goal kicker. Nothing more. Even if he was a shite goal kicker he's likely to be our best points scorer. It's a bizarre argument and justification for your praise.

Ravalawa's got 13 tries - not bad for a 22 year old hey? Dufty's got 11 tries, not bad for an 83kg 24 year old hey? I just don't get your point about age. He's 20 - great. He's doing OK, but as others have pointed out, he's got a long way to go. Chrichtons 19 and he's got 14, Campbell Graham is 21 and he's got 11, Ketoni Stags is 21 and he's got 10. There's plenty of young players in the list. I don't see their age as some sort of indicator that they are leagues next best thing.

I've already tried to discuss the defensive deficiencies on here, but get shot down with name calling and labelling. I think rasaint has quite succinctly outlined where his problems lie and that needs to be seriously looked at. Even the commentators indicated during the game on the weekend that most of our tries have been conceded down that right side of which Lomax has contributed.

As I've said to you previously, I wish him well and would like to see him improve. But I'm not willing to overlook his deficiencies (or any players deficiencies for that matter) just to jump on the "gifted one" bandwagon.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
So now it's about top try scorer? Your first post talks about being the top points scorer - and that has nothing to do with his age. It has to do with the fact he's a goal kicker.

I'm not talking about money at all - not sure why you are bringing that up. I'm pointing out that he's top point scorer because he's a goal kicker. Nothing more. Even if he was a shite goal kicker he's likely to be our best points scorer. It's a bizarre argument and justification for your praise.

Ravalawa's got 13 tries - not bad for a 22 year old hey? Dufty's got 11 tries, not bad for an 83kg 24 year old hey? I just don't get your point about age. He's 20 - great. He's doing OK, but as others have pointed out, he's got a long way to go. Chrichtons 19 and he's got 14, Campbell Graham is 21 and he's got 11, Ketoni Stags is 21 and he's got 10. There's plenty of young players in the list. I don't see their age as some sort of indicator that they are leagues next best thing.

I've already tried to discuss the defensive deficiencies on here, but get shot down with name calling and labelling. I think rasaint has quite succinctly outlined where his problems lie and that needs to be seriously looked at. Even the commentators indicated during the game on the weekend that most of our tries have been conceded down that right side of which Lomax has contributed.

As I've said to you previously, I wish him well and would like to see him improve. But I'm not willing to overlook his deficiencies (or any players deficiencies for that matter) just to jump on the "gifted one" bandwagon.
You quoted a comment by me in which I was quoting someone else about him supposedly not being worth his money. I’m stating points to back up why I think he is. I’ll end it there.

getsmarty

Immortal
lomaxz-200920pb--1503.jpg

STATE OF ORIGIN

Lomax added to New South Wales' 27-man squad
Author
NSWRL
Timestamp
Sun 4 Oct 2020, 07:34 PM

The NSWRL is pleased to announce the following players have been added to the Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues extended squad for the State of Origin series in November.

Daniel Saifiti (Newcastle Knights) was selected after his team was eliminated from the NRL’s finals series today. Zac Lomax (St George Illawarra Dragons) was added after Tom Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles) ruled himself out through injury on Thursday.

Click here to hear Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler’s view on the latest additions.

The squad will be added to every Sunday as further teams are eliminated from the NRL finals series and all players who are selected will be permitted to temporarily leave the NRL bubble introduced this season because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The players will be required to maintain a level of fitness before re-entering the bubble again for the start of the NSW Origin camp on 19 October.

The opening game of the State of Origin series will be played at Adelaide Oval on 4 November, Game Two will be at ANZ Stadium in Sydney on 11 November and Game Three will be at Suncorp Stadium on 18 November.

Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues extended squad

Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)

Jake Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)

Tyson Frizell (St George Illawarra Dragons)

Zac Lomax (St George Illawarra Dragons)

Cameron McInnes (St George Illawarra Dragons)

Daniel Saifiti (Newcastle Knights)

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/10/04/lomax-added-to-new-south-wales-27-man-squad/

redv13

Bench
lomaxz-200920pb--1503.jpg

STATE OF ORIGIN

Lomax added to New South Wales' 27-man squad
Author
NSWRL
Timestamp
Sun 4 Oct 2020, 07:34 PM

The NSWRL is pleased to announce the following players have been added to the Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues extended squad for the State of Origin series in November.

Daniel Saifiti (Newcastle Knights) was selected after his team was eliminated from the NRL’s finals series today. Zac Lomax (St George Illawarra Dragons) was added after Tom Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles) ruled himself out through injury on Thursday.

Click here to hear Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler’s view on the latest additions.

The squad will be added to every Sunday as further teams are eliminated from the NRL finals series and all players who are selected will be permitted to temporarily leave the NRL bubble introduced this season because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The players will be required to maintain a level of fitness before re-entering the bubble again for the start of the NSW Origin camp on 19 October.

The opening game of the State of Origin series will be played at Adelaide Oval on 4 November, Game Two will be at ANZ Stadium in Sydney on 11 November and Game Three will be at Suncorp Stadium on 18 November.

Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues extended squad

Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)

Jake Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)

Tyson Frizell (St George Illawarra Dragons)

Zac Lomax (St George Illawarra Dragons)

Cameron McInnes (St George Illawarra Dragons)

Daniel Saifiti (Newcastle Knights)

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/10/04/lomax-added-to-new-south-wales-27-man-squad/
Could I also like this on behalf of the resident flog Gitano...

gitano

Juniors
Could I also like this on behalf of the resident flog Gitano...
As a Dragons fan I'm very much 'meh' about any Dragons player selected this year.

As a NSW fan I'm deeply concerned. In our team getting belted each week, his errors and horrendous reads drift to the background. In an elite game such as Origin, it means the difference between winning and losing.

Qld won't need an invitation.

His game most definitely does not suit origin either, but that's a different point - and I'm swimming against the circle jerk raising that here.

Belta

Juniors
As a Dragons fan I'm very much 'meh' about any Dragons player selected this year.

As a NSW fan I'm deeply concerned. In our team getting belted each week, his errors and horrendous reads drift to the background. In an elite game such as Origin, it means the difference between winning and losing.

His game most definitely does not suit origin either, but that's a different point - and I'm swimming against the circle jerk raising that here.

Current dude has won the last two series and has single handedly restored faith and respect back in the blue jersey. So fear not I’d feel confident in saying the coach/selectors/staff actually knows what’s what.

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors

Turning into a bad season for you. Lomax picked for Origin and your Roosters could go out next week. I hope someone picks up your dummy or it could be a long off season.

possm

Coach
Congratulations to Lomax! A just reward for the effort and skill he has displayed this season. The is no doubt in my mind that Lomax is the first of a few young Dragons that, under the new coaching staff, will lift the Dragons towards the top of the NRL ladder.

Lomax's selection in the NSW origin squad is even more special given the Dragons performance in 2020. It would be remiss of me not to also congratulate McInnes and Frizell for their efforts this season and their selection in the NSW origin side.

gitano

Juniors
Congratulations to Lomax! A just reward for the effort and skill he has displayed this season. The is no doubt in my mind that Lomax is the first of a few young Dragons that, under the new coaching staff, will lift the Dragons towards the top of the NRL ladder.

Lomax's selection in the NSW origin squad is even more special given the Dragons performance in 2020. It would be remiss of me not to also congratulate McInnes and Frizell for their efforts this season and their selection in the NSW origin side.
I'm prepared to call it the worst NSW selection since Jason Moodie.

Let's hope he's a squad player and the fumbling and bumbling is limited to the training paddock.

epDragon62

First Grade
I'm prepared to call it the worst NSW selection since Jason Moodie.

Let's hope he's a squad player and the fumbling and bumbling is limited to the training paddock.
The Git has spoken... truly? The worst NSW selection since Moodie?

Again, can’t fault you for consistency.

Zac will improve for the exposure, which is great for him and the Dragons.

gitano

Juniors

I take it back.

Moodie would never have been beaten by Sandor Earl on a 1 metre corridor.

possm

Coach

I agree and would say that there is no substitute for the experience gained training with the SOO squad, especially given that Lomax has improved to being a firnge SOO player despite the lack of decent coaching at first grade level.

Fittler and then Griffin will take Lomax to the next level. Exiting days ahead for Lomax and Dragons fans.

hazzbeen

Bench
What? Why dont you like Lomax?
Because he has no idea at all , his love that he thought would play SOO is no where to be seen .... And he always has a go at Lomax when he makes a mistake and never hear him when he does things that Aitken would only dream of ..... But again don't take him seriously he is only having some fun on here , because everything he posts is just a gee up ......

SaintPeter

Juniors
How many other young Dragons would by now be in the NSW Origin team if they had been given a go (at some time in the last seven years!! ) by the Mc Muppett regime?
We will never know. But we look forward to a very much more competent coaching staff to take us into the future.
Give us back the pride.

BLM01

First Grade

Crichton and Campbell Graham would be probably in front of hin?

Latest posts