What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Carrying on like a twat?? That’s you to a tee champ. How am I ruining this thread??
Because rather than discuss Monsignor Lomax like the rest of us, you’re doing stuff like this:
You seem to get a chubby mentioning Lomax and his errors. Not the first time you have brought this topic up either. You and G girl seem to bounce off each other...
Back to your popcorn champ. Happy now mr perfect??
For the enjoyment of everyone on here, it’s easy to talk about players in a team without abusing people..

redv13

Bench
Because rather than discuss Monsignor Lomax like the rest of us, you’re doing stuff like this:

For the enjoyment of everyone on here, it’s easy to talk about players in a team without abusing people..
Really?? You love throwing hand grenades left right and centre yet your the first to sulk on here. You chip people over and over. Standard muzby behaviour

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Really?? You love throwing hand grenades left right and centre yet your the first to sulk on here. You chip people over and over. Standard muzby behaviour
It’s unfortunate you feel this way.

As mentioned to you a number of times, I’ve quoted fox sports stats for Lomax’s 2020 season, whilst also saying he’s a kid who will improve & do well.

Not sure how you see any of that as ‘hand grenades’ as it’s quite simply fact, backed up by a positive opinion about a player for the club that me, and most others here support.

How is that sulking or chipping people?

I’m honestly confused.

redv13

Bench
It’s unfortunate you feel this way.

As mentioned to you a number of times, I’ve quoted fox sports stats for Lomax’s 2020 season, whilst also saying he’s a kid who will improve & do well.

Not sure how you see any of that as ‘hand grenades’ as it’s quite simply fact, backed up by a positive opinion about a player for the club that me, and most others here support.

How is that sulking or chipping people?

I’m honestly confused.
Confused?? No your just an arrogant f**kwit. Plain and simple really. I’m not the first and definitely won’t be the last to feel that way ya turd

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Confused?? No your just an arrogant f**kwit. Plain and simple really. I’m not the first and definitely won’t be the last to feel that way ya turd
I see.. According to you I’m a popcorn who owns an arrogant f**kwit.

Feel free to carry on acting like that.

The rest of us will enjoy discussion Lomax’s Blues journey..

Go Zac!

redv13

Bench
I see.. According to you I’m a popcorn who owns an arrogant f**kwit.

Feel free to carry on acting like that.

The rest of us will enjoy discussion Lomax’s Blues journey..

Go Zac!
I’m a big fan of Lomax. I don’t sit here and put shit on a 21 year old for his “ 27 errors”. You put the boot in then try and justify it by “ quoting fox sports stats “. Piss off you wanker. Take Lomax out of the side for 2020 and we come last. You have highlighted his “ errors “ many times this year. Obviously an issue for you

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I’m a big fan of Lomax. I don’t sit here and put shit on a 21 year old for his “ 27 errors”. You put the boot in then try and justify it by “ quoting fox sports stats “. Piss off you wanker. Take Lomax out of the side for 2020 and we come last. You have highlighted his “ errors “ many times this year. Obviously an issue for you
Who’s putting shit on him for the errors?

I’ve simply quoted fact. He’s topped our error count.

If you can provide anywhere where I’ve put shit on him for that, feel free to quote it.

I’ve said many times this year he’s played well & has upside as he continues.

This really is a bizarre campaign you’re on..

possm

Coach
Could someone provide stats that break down the error count into those made contesting the ball after an attacking kick by the Dragons and other errors.

Rather than crises Lomax for losing a contest, we should be encouraging him to do this and hope that his technique improves each time.

rasaint

Juniors
Zac Lomax gets a lot of comment because he is a player that has been signed long term on significant dollars. Will he be a most astute buy or a disappointment we have to live with for a long time?
I am against long term signings period. Basically because if a player turns out a ‘superstar’ after a year or two then they feel ripped off and want an upgrade. Think Sonny Bill ( from memory 5 years at dogs but left apparently for more lucrative opportunities ). If the player turns out simply unremarkable then a fair chunk of cap is tied up. We have a good player in Ben Hunt on about $1 million when I always thought about $700k for 5 or 6 years topped it out.
I have a balanced view of Zac I believe.
Pros:
Competes hard and wants to win games. Very fit . ( no cynicism)
Good goal kicker
Good front on tackler
Capable and has made some sublime catches of high ball
Ran into gaps and scored , particularly Dufty passes and has a good ‘around the corner’ pass.
Has a nice twinkle toes step off left foot.
Cons:
Lacks dash and can get caught out laterally in defence if opposition gets on outside of him
Not a powerful fast block busting centre ... think a an Olan, Mitchell Inglis Gasnier etc. (Even the maligned Aiken makes long breaks and has scored long range trys)
Does make noticeable handling errors at this stage of NRL career ( now about 30 matches?)

The Lomax question will probably be answered next year. I think he will become a strong centre like Manu of Roosters but not as good. I would have preferred a 3 year deal and if he turns out as good as some posters on the forum think then the club can pay extras then in line with actual demonstrated performance. Whatever I will cheer him on like anyone in the red V.

True_Believer

Juniors
Could someone provide stats that break down the error count into those made contesting the ball after an attacking kick by the Dragons and other errors.

Rather than crises Lomax for losing a contest, we should be encouraging him to do this and hope that his technique improves each time.

There isn't a specific breakdown to this degree that I know of. The only way you can do this is by watching every game through and mark down each error. And even then, it might be difficult to align exactly what the stats say with the game itself.

Although it's not enough to give a full representation of the year, I did it with the last game against Melbourne. The stats for Lomax say 5 errors and one 1 ruck infringement.

For the errors I counted 2 attacking kick challenges dropped, 2 balls dropped cold and 1 forced pass.

There were a couple of other handling errors like a dropped kick off and the missed try, but I didn't count those as this brought the actual errors above the stats and didn't fit with what I would say is a handling error.

Without going back through all of the games this year, I'd guess that it would around 50/50. 50% as a result of challenging for the ball and 50% unforced errors.

watatank

Coach
There's no specific stat. NRL.com has a play by play so they can tell you the exact point certain errors, penalties, etc are made. If you have access to the games (e.g. Kayo subscription) you can just go straight to that point instead of watching the whole game. It's not perfect but it's close enough. Just counted the games at centre for Lomax BTW

18 games at centre
35 errors, 13 errors from attacking kicks, 22 other errors

True_Believer

Juniors
There's no specific stat. NRL.com has a play by play so they can tell you the exact point certain errors, penalties, etc are made. If you have access to the games (e.g. Kayo subscription) you can just go straight to that point instead of watching the whole game. It's not perfect but it's close enough. Just counted the games at centre for Lomax BTW

18 games at centre

thanks @watatank - didn't realise they included errors in the play by play.

The Badger

Juniors

18 games at centre
Thanks for that statistic Watatank.There is the answer for the misinformed who want to judge Zac on his error count.Take out the attacking kicks and he has just over one error per game.Thats very impressive for someone putting in so much effort and creativity.

Latest posts