What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Visiting from the Dragons guys. Good luck with Lomax. If Arthur can get him right between the ears, he will be a good signing for you. He has been hot and cold for us for years, mostly cold. Does some very dumb things. Has been a revelation on the wing though and been our best player this year by a mile. Interesting to see how he fits in with you guys. Cheers.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
He was my first favourite player for the Eels in 1999-2000 when i started following the league.

Was devo as a kid when he left for Canberra.

Probably his versality cost him here as Hodgson could only play FB and Burt was also coming through at the time.

Clinton would get shunted to the wing from memory for Hodgo hence why he left to play FB in Canberra.

I felt like Schifcofske always owned the big moments though especially with his Goal Kicking when he was at Canberra. He was always pretty clutch even though it took an hour to kick it.

Good player Clinton. I remember getting his autograph, (2000 I think) at a fan day and he was pretty nice. I have still kept the hat signed by him, Dymock, Cayless, Vaeliki and the coach Smith.

I think he played a bit of fullback but a few occasions he'd play on the wing and the fullback would either be Hodgson, Chris Quinn or that other bloke who had a shocker in the semi final.

One memory I think it mightve been against the Panthers at Parramatta, he looked like he was going to be trapped in goal and there was about 6 players yet he somehow stepped around them and got us out of trouble.

hindy111

Post Whore
[/QUOTE]
Visiting from the Dragons guys. Good luck with Lomax. If Arthur can get him right between the ears, he will be a good signing for you. He has been hot and cold for us for years, mostly cold. Does some very dumb things. Has been a revelation on the wing though and been our best player this year by a mile. Interesting to see how he fits in with you guys. Cheers.

Not worth the 800k you guys where paying but well worth a punt at 650k. A win for both parties.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If we play Lomax at centre, I reckon Penisini shifts to the left.
But I wouldn't be surprised to see Lomax at FB and Gutho into '9'.
Would probably extend Gutho's career and he offers everything you look for in a good 9.

I mean no disrespect - to you, or Gutho, because I love the bloke - but what would Gutho offer at 9, that Lussick doesn't?

I know Lussick is disliked by many here, but I just can't see how Gutho playing 9 is an upgrade in any way, shape, or form.

Penisini moving to the left is a great idea - we love attacking down our left, which means he should get more ball, which can only be good for us.

emjaycee

Coach
I mean no disrespect - to you, or Gutho, because I love the bloke - but what would Gutho offer at 9, that Lussick doesn't?

I know Lussick is disliked by many here, but I just can't see how Gutho playing 9 is an upgrade in any way, shape, or form.

Penisini moving to the left is a great idea - we love attacking down our left, which means he should get more ball, which can only be good for us.
80 mins and a better kicking, running and passing game than Lussick has.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Gutho might end up as a hooker at the very end of his career, but I don't think that's next year. I see him stepping through a stint in centres next year first.

When does 80 minute Lussick's contract expire? End 2025? After that perhaps we might see Gutherson do a Brett Kenny and end his career in the forwards.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
f**k all you motherf**kers, he was shit anyway..

11.png

Eelementary

Post Whore

Lussick has already kicked a 40/20 out of dummy-half this season, and he's scored a few tries, to boot.

Lussick is solid, but not too flashy.

I also have my concerns about Gutho's size - Blake Brailey, Mitch Lenny, Lachlan Croker, Api Koirosau, Damien Cook, Jeremy Marshall-King, Harry Grant...these guys are at most 183cm tall, whereas Gutho is 191cm...

Makes me wonder why no dummy-halves are running around over 183cm tall...

Then again, Gutho has a fantastic skill set, and a great attitude, so you never know.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Good player Clinton. I remember getting his autograph, (2000 I think) at a fan day and he was pretty nice. I have still kept the hat signed by him, Dymock, Cayless, Vaeliki and the coach Smith.

I think he played a bit of fullback but a few occasions he'd play on the wing and the fullback would either be Hodgson, Chris Quinn or that other bloke who had a shocker in the semi final.

One memory I think it mightve been against the Panthers at Parramatta, he looked like he was going to be trapped in goal and there was about 6 players yet he somehow stepped around them and got us out of trouble.

My fave Schifkoske memory was back in 99 I think, I was just a kid and my best mates old man drove me, my mate and his older brother down to Shark Park to watch Parra V Sharkies.

From memory it was E.T’s final home game and they had a big shindig on for him and I remember getting a limited edition E.T Pepsi Can at the gate.

Anyways I remember walking into the ground just as second half of Reggie’s was kicking off, we were receiving. Clint was at fullback. Ground was still relatively empty at this stage, my mates brother yelled out ‘hey Clinton score a try off the kickoff’ sure enough 10 seconds later Clint took the kick off, took off to his left, dummied, sliced straight through the defensive line ran 95m and scored.

We got pumped in first grade from memory. Some things never change.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Plus better leadership, better commitment, better intensity, better performances, better game management, better judgement, better capacity to inspire his team mates, better ability, better hair cut, better post try celebrations and better at being better.

Not worth the 800k you guys where paying but well worth a punt at 650k. A win for both parties.
[/QUOTE]

Can’t argue with that Hindy111. Interesting to see how he plays this week back in the centres and now he’s got his contract with you fellas.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Can’t argue with that Hindy111. Interesting to see how he plays this week back in the centres and now he’s got his contract with you fellas.
I hope he leaves Flanno with a Shangai Cravat. Appalling coaching to let such a quality player go. If BA did the same he'd be roasted.

Latest posts