What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeb

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
i have a feeling that both Abraham and Reynoldson are off contract.

I think Daniel Abraham was mentioned as being one of the ones Smith didnt want next year.

I actually think he goes alright, but had a few injuries. I think he is still only young, and tbh, I wouldn't mind him for his versatility purely from a depth perspective.

fish eel

Immortal
Phillips said:
this is why i wouldnt have resigned Wagon.. i would have replaced him next yr with Zeb

I think Daniel Wagon has been close to our best backrower this year.

Utey

Coach
He isn't ready, and has been far from impressive this season. You can't let a player go because theres a guy whose shown potential.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I don't know if Zeb is all that great. Put it one way, weller & Junior showed more in one game then this bloke has shown in half a dozen.

V1er

Juniors
his debut game last year was good but he hasnt impressed me since, Weller and Junior are the better prospects IMO, who knows Zeb might get better he might just need more first grade games.

Stagger eel

Staff member
<UPtheEELS> said:
He isn't ready, and has been far from impressive this season. You can't let a player go because theres a guy whose shown potential.

if you're a talking about Tony Williams? no one is doubting that at all, however we need to make a decision in the best interest in the player who obviously doesn't see an opportunity here, and we need to base that on who else we have here and the options that are on in the merket in the market.

Just remember this is for next year, not now..so as much as we're aware that Tony Williams isn't ready now he may well be ready sometime next year depending on the sort of offseason he may have.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Weller is a terrific prospect, reminds me of so many players the way he runs, priority signing imo

Pazza

First Grade
i think weller will be our bench back rower in 2009 once wagon moves on and robbo moves into lock

Pazza

First Grade
zebs a talented kid and all but i cant see him getting a gig infront of hindy, mateo, wagon and robinson. plus weller is first choice replacement

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
Weller is a terrific prospect, reminds me of so many players the way he runs, priority signing imo

his contract runs out at the end of 08 which is the same time as Benny, hayne, INU and Fuifui so does that still make him a priority signing? ;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
his contract runs out at the end of 08 which is the same time as Benny, hayne, INU and Fuifui so does that still make him a priority signing? ;-)

Absolutely as well as the mentioned, just remember Wagon will probably be gone and the likes of Hindy ain't getting any younger and there is no guarentee Chad will still be around.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
Absolutely as well as the mentioned, just remember Wagon will probably be gone and the likes of Hindy ain't getting any younger and there is no guarentee Chad will still be around.

there would be plenty who'd disagree with you, not that there's anything unusual about that..

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
there would be plenty who'd disagree with you, not that there's anything unusual about that..

Ok:? so we wont worry about signing weller even though we'll probably loose Wagon and even perhaps Chad as worst case scenario:?

Actually i think you'll find many agree with me.

The Colonel

Immortal
We would worry about signing him Ronny, just that ahead of players like Ben Smith, Fuifui, Hayne and Inu he would hardly be a priority...... and thats where people will disagree with you.

fish eel

Immortal
TBH, I think Weller needs more first grade before we know how much of a priority he will be this time next year