What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zillman signs with Titans

skeepe

Immortal
What is wrong with so-called "adults" these days? Why can they not handle moving away for a few years to make a living for themselves? These people are supposed to be professionals, yet all we hear about is how "homesick" they are. It seems to be the only reason players move clubs these days, and it's such a bullsh*t reason.

Zillman is on par with Henry in my books after this, and always will be. Contract-breaking scum.

Syren

Juniors
As I said in the Raiders forum, I'm numb to this - I normally would be furious.

What's the point in the Raiders bothering with developing players anymore? It's clearly just a shopping centre for every other club with no heart or junior system. We could find and develop 4 immortals that came through together, but they'd all be poached within 5 minute of one another - so I say it again, why bother?

Yeah thats quite sad really. Perhaps the only way is poach other club's talents.

wittyfan

Referee
It's a shame with all the knee injuries Willy Zilly will never reach the levels of greatness he was destined to. :(

Chachi

Bench
Terrible news, but the Raiders are in a no-win situation here. The risk is we throw big $$ at Zillman (and a 4 year contract) to keep him and in all likelihood lose Goodwin in the process. Where does that leave us if Zillman's knee goes again?

It's pretty low that he bailed out of the last year of his contract mind you...after all the support we've given him (including some pretty serious injuries during his Premier League career).

4 years is a pretty risky move for the Titans and it surprises me they had to offer him such a long term contract to get him up there. Very odd.

keeney

First Grade
What is it with all the 4 year contracts being thrown around these days? I can't think of one who has proven tehmselves worth that kind of commitment. Could be a bunch of Reynolsdon v. club sagas in the next 3-4 years.

Raider_69

Post Whore
What is it with all the 4 year contracts being thrown around these days? I can't think of one who has proven tehmselves worth that kind of commitment. Could be a bunch of Reynolsdon v. club sagas in the next 3-4 years.

Not wrong, especially if Zillman does his ACL on that troublesome knee again
i put it down to plan old bad luck but its pretty concerning how easily his knee went the 2nd time.

Eels Dude

Coach
The fact clubs are so willing to offer 4 year contracts to players shows that a contract is worth nothing these days. As soon as their form drops then they'll just be trying everything they can to get rid of them. Only the most elite players should be offered 4 year contracts, not the Lewis', Zillmans, Ben Smiths. Even a player of Craig Wing's quality shouldnt be offered 4 years at his age.

DeeGan

Bench
A good signing though one I won't get too excited about given Zillman will be coming back from two knee operations in two seasons. If Zillman can recover and get to anywhere near what he was - great - if struggles ... well ... yeah. It's a gamble on our part.

And enough of the "sorry Raider fans" BS - cry me a freaking river.

Ice777

Bench
Great signing if the knee holds up but one hell of a risky one. It's risky enough signing a bloke for 4 years under any circumstances these days let alone one who's had 2 knee reco's. If i had to take a guess i'd say that it will come back and bite the Tits on the arse, but it'll serve themselves right if it does.

badav

Bench
that sux for the raiders. definetaly good potential signing there. there may be some risk but hes a young guy so i don't think the risk is that great.

Ice777

Bench
That's the whole point. He is very young and he has 2 knee reco's to his name. I could be wrong but unlike a nice bottle of red i don't think they ACL's get better with age.

DeeGan

Bench
Great signing if the knee holds up but one hell of a risky one. It's risky enough signing a bloke for 4 years under any circumstances these days let alone one who's had 2 knee reco's. If i had to take a guess i'd say that it will come back and bite the Tits on the arse, but it'll serve themselves right if it does.

I have to agree, nice post.

Raider_69

Post Whore
And enough of the "sorry Raider fans" BS - cry me a freaking river.

f**k off idiot. Come tell me how you feel after years of development, to the point where he is 15 games into his career and touted as a potential rep player, and some club pinches Shannon Walker from your grasp.

There is and should genuine sorrow for raiders fans, between this and henry, as well as an injury list as long as you're arm, we've had a f**king rotten start to the year

Chewie

Juniors
Good signing imo. Might be a good player to have at fullback next season and then move him to five eighth when rogers retires.

Does anybody know how much the contract was worth?
Anyway im not too concerned about losing him. Even before he did his knee he was injury prone. The year before he cemented his FG spot he broke his wrist i think and had problems with his hammys

Spike

First Grade
Zillman made the right decision. Hopefully he can overcome his injury concerns and prove to be a valuable player for the Titans.

Latest posts