What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZYZZ found dead

Danish

Referee
Guys like him are also leading a major increase in the amount of young guys juicing as well, so I don't know really how much of a positive inspiration that is.

Seriously, go into any gym in the west these days and half the guys in there are on the gear. Its bloody dangerous, reckless and stupid.

Following a lifestyle of unsustainable dieting, working out every day, juicing ,then going spastic on drugs at festivals over summer is not really the kind of lifestyle that we should be aiming for.

He's kind of right. I mean sure you still got to work out but even a guy who put in 2 or 3 days a week, didn't miss that many sessions and had a reasonable diet could look like a 1st grade footballer within a year if he took the right stuff

Oh ok do you know that from experience? I'm not going to bother arguing with people who are obv uneducated on the subject. Just keep telling yourself that you could look "tremendous" in 4 months by popping a couple ov pills :roll:

Chook Norris

First Grade
strangely enough there are some nutjobs out there who are raising all sorts of conspiracy theories that he's still alive. 19th August is the date that he will supposedly "rise from the dead" on battlecam/com

aqua_duck

Coach
Oh ok do you know that from experience? I'm not going to bother arguing with people who are obv uneducated on the subject. Just keep telling yourself that you could look "tremendous" in 4 months by popping a couple ov pills :roll:

Uneducated? I think you're the one who's misinformed. Take a guy and train him hard for 4 months, good diet, supplements, etc and you'd see some noticeable results. Take the same guy pump him with anabolic steroids (stacking injectables with orals) and even with moderate dedication he'd achieve more sheer muscle gain than in the 1st scenario.

A guy I use to train with was about my body type and size, I switched to training mornings for a while so I didn't see him, I saw him 6 months later and he looked like a UFC heavyweight, looked completely different, told me he was taking a pretty serious stack which included Dianabol, Nandrolone and Testosterone.

Uneducated? I think you're the one who's misinformed. Take a guy and train him hard for 4 months, good diet, supplements, etc and you'd see some noticeable results. Take the same guy pump him with anabolic steroids (stacking injectables with orals) and even with moderate dedication he'd achieve more sheer muscle gain than in the 1st scenario.

A guy I use to train with was about my body type and size, I switched to training mornings for a while so I didn't see him, I saw him 6 months later and he looked like a UFC heavyweight, looked completely different, told me he was taking a pretty serious stack which included Dianabol, Nandrolone and Testosterone.

So one piece ov anecdotal evidence is enough to convince me?

In your example situations, both would achieve f**k all. Look at Zyzz, that's 4-5 years ov hard training and 2-3 years ov juicing. I know a lot ov people on the juice and most are still fat/small/weak etc. Back when BB.com had a steroid section I wandered in to check it out now and again and you'd find most ov the posters there looked like rubbish, despite putting up their liberal drug use. The big guys were the guys that knew how to train/eat properly and had been doing so for 10 years. I'd say it would be the same on other boards, go look if you don't believe me.

aqua_duck

Coach
So one piece ov anecdotal evidence is enough to convince me?

In your example situations, both would achieve f**k all. Look at Zyzz, that's 4-5 years ov hard training and 2-3 years ov juicing. I know a lot ov people on the juice and most are still fat/small/weak etc. Back when BB.com had a steroid section I wandered in to check it out now and again and you'd find most ov the posters there looked like rubbish, despite putting up their liberal drug use. The big guys were the guys that knew how to train/eat properly and had been doing so for 10 years. I'd say it would be the same on other boards, go look if you don't believe me.

4 months is equivalent to an NRL pre season, to say 4 months of hard training would achieve nothing is ridiculous. Maybe we're looking at different definitions of looking good. To me you get an average guy, put on 4 or 5kg of lean muscle mass, reduce his body fat and you'd definitely start to see results. Get him on the roids and that 4 or 5kg can easily be 7 or 8kg.
I'm obviously not comparing a guy after 4 months to your great idol Zyzz, but if a guy is pumping the right stuff and has a moderate amount of discipline in terms of training and dieting, they could achieve a noticeably result in 4 months, give them a year and they'd look tremendous.
If you get a chance search up a documentary on YouTube called superhuman: steroids, in it there's a guy named Dr Harrison Pope who's a professor at Harvard University who's done alot of research on anabolic steroid use, and he's quoted as saying "a young guy who eats badly, sleeps badly, smokes, drinks too much alcohol, misses half of his gym workouts and takes steroids can blow away the most dedicated, most gifted athlete in terms of sheer muscle gain"

4 months is equivalent to an NRL pre season, to say 4 months of hard training would achieve nothing is ridiculous. Maybe we're looking at different definitions of looking good. To me you get an average guy, put on 4 or 5kg of lean muscle mass, reduce his body fat and you'd definitely start to see results. Get him on the roids and that 4 or 5kg can easily be 7 or 8kg.
I'm obviously not comparing a guy after 4 months to your great idol Zyzz, but if a guy is pumping the right stuff and has a moderate amount of discipline in terms of training and dieting, they could achieve a noticeably result in 4 months, give them a year and they'd look tremendous.
If you get a chance search up a documentary on YouTube called superhuman: steroids, in it there's a guy named Dr Harrison Pope who's a professor at Harvard University who's done alot of research on anabolic steroid use, and he's quoted as saying "a young guy who eats badly, sleeps badly, smokes, drinks too much alcohol, misses half of his gym workouts and takes steroids can blow away the most dedicated, most gifted athlete in terms of sheer muscle gain"

I'd agree that someone new to the gym could put on 4-5kgs in 4 months, but it's just not gunna happen realistically. It takes a couple ov years to learn how to train properly. 5kgs ov muscle is a lot more than people think. If you take a bodybuilder who goes from 90kgs to 95kgs on stage, with the same condition and compare the shots, there is a mind blowing difference in size.

Well I'd have to watch that documentary and see the context and agenda from that quote. I wonder if this doctor backed up that quote with a study, pinning a dedicated non-user against a non-dedicated user. Because I can assure you I have seen a lot ov young guys that take steroids, maybe just have one ov those negative lifestyle traits make no progress. You still have to eat well, train hard, rest a lot to gain natural or non-natural, steroids just add that little bit extra on the top.

Obviously a "young guy who eats badly, sleeps badly, smokes, drinks too much alcohol, misses half of his gym workouts and takes steroids" is going to gain more than a non-user who does the same. Although both will gain next to nothing.

Also, 4 months is nothing in the grand scheme ov things, but I guess it's all relative to what your grand scheme is. You should post a pic ov "tremendous" just so we can get on the same page.

P.S. Zyzz was never my idol, I just have a bit ov respect. A 22 year old guy taken away from his family is never a good thing, no matter what you think ov the person. "LOL he deserved it" is a horrible thing to say, even through a faceless internet forum.

aqua_duck

Coach
I never said he deserved it, the only thing I disagree with is guys trying to imitate his lifestyle, and him claiming his type of lifestyle to be healthy

I trained with Aziz quite a bit during his brief stint of employment at C2K gym at Castle Hill. He was a lovely bloke, so different to his 'online persona'. All the gear aside, he showed a lot of people that they can achieve whatever they want through hard work and dedication. His passing is very sad for all of those very close to him. Unfortunately though, many around the world will remember him for all the wrong things.

melon....

Coach
HGH?

Never heard of the guy till his passing. Obviously not up with the younger man's social media world. As others have already posted though, there seems to be a correlation with "body building" and festivals. It's evident where I live.
Same here. I dont know why people think he was one in a million. I attended a seminar once with "Mr Back" Frank Zane in the mid 80s. he looked a million times better than this try hard.