What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Origin II - QLD 26-16 NSW @ Suncorp

Origin II 2016: Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T.T

Juniors
9 penalties 1st half only 3 in the second.
Aside from this stat Refs were clearly not consistent with their rulings

Vic Mackey

Referee
Sigworthy.

It's sad that people don't understand what a ball Player is. Or maybe a guy who gets an automatic two on one from a second man play, draws the winger and passes for a try is considered a ball player these days.

Either way it's not the game I knew.

no name

Coach
But not after the Reynolds thing.

Reynolds on Tate?

The Reynolds one was pretty bad, but he hangs on to Tate until after he goes past the vertical position.
He is also twisting and unsighted on where Tate is.

Thaiday drops Gallen when he is in the vertical position and is looking at him. He lands on the top of his head. Tackles happen pretty fast so the fact the was looking probably isn't a big factor.

Both bad tackles, Thaiday's was worse.
Both probably deserved greater punishments.

Big Pete

Referee
Reynolds on Tate?

The Reynolds one was pretty bad, but he hangs on to Tate until after he goes past the vertical position.
He is also twisting and unsighted on where Tate is.

Thaiday drops Gallen when he is in the vertical position and is looking at him. He lands on the top of his head. Tackles happen pretty fast so the fact the was looking probably isn't a big factor.

Both bad tackles, Thaiday's was worse.
Both probably deserved greater punishments.

Yeah, maybe but the NRL made it loud and clear in 2014 that the McKinnon card meant very little.

Beau Scott and Josh Reynolds received 0 weeks for their dangerous tackle on Brent Tate. With that in mind, two weeks is about right.

no name

Coach
Yeah, maybe but the NRL made it loud and clear in 2014 that the McKinnon card meant very little.

Beau Scott and Josh Reynolds received 0 weeks for their dangerous tackle on Brent Tate. With that in mind, two weeks is about right.

So you agree with me that both should have got more?
Pretty long winded way to go about it.

big hit!

Bench
For mine Graham, Cartwright and Tedesco are the 3 who need to be blooded. Tamou for me needs to be dropped badly. Gallen has his faults but it would be cruel to deny him one last origin in NSW. I would like to see Tedesco at full back so maybe Bird to the centres and Moylan off the bench as I believe he is a long term five eight.

Cartwright & Graham along with Cordner, Jackson & Frizell?

You don't need 5 f**king edge forwards who play 80' in a bloody 17-man rugby league team.

In saying that, Frizell can excel as a middle forward. It just means he'd be on the field for less minutes. But it'd be great to let him rip in for 20' in each half with the venom he showed last night in his carries. Hits the line fast and hard and got the defensive on their heels for the next play. Woods, Tamou and Gallen might get metres, but they also lumber up to the line and it allows the QLD tacklers to constantly hold them up allowing the line to set. Compare it to the QLD forwards who f**k motor to the line.

Anyway Tamou and Gallen should be dropped and Woods needs to get his speed up. He's reminding me of Jeith Galloway and Kane Snowden. Effective at club, but Origin needs faster play.