What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incorrect. Friday night here is Hawthorn v Geelong so it would be ridiculous to schedule Storm at that time. Any other time should see a very good crowd.
Should be (assuming favourites win)
Friday: Bulldogs v Panthers
Saturday: Raiders v Sharks followed by Storm v Cowboys
Sunday: Broncos v Titans/Tigers

Putting Penrith on Friday night would be grossly unjust seeing we would have just 4 days recovery before game day.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
NRL, absolute morons, .. taking a water pistol to a gun fight..

Why would u let the AFL have any concessions in Sydney,

They already have got, millions of $ in funding, for stadiums, millions of dollars in free media space.. millions of dollars in marketing, Gov support in millions,

Basically in 20 years have turned parts of sydney into afl strongholds, eastern suburbs inner west etc..

Paid schools councils to put up posts everywhere, and remove NRL posts..

And these idiots, had a chance to do 1 thing, and lock them out of ANZ, and they caved...

FMD..

Vic Mackey

Referee
Interesting

If the Tigers come 8th and play Brisbane on Sunday I'll be able to fly up for it. That should be enough for the NRL to schedule it Sunday.

dogz08

First Grade
storm v cowboys on a friday night will get 15k max against probably the biggest afl game in melbourne

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Incorrect. Friday night here is Hawthorn v Geelong so it would be ridiculous to schedule Storm at that time. Any other time should see a very good crowd.
Should be (assuming favourites win)
Friday: Bulldogs v Panthers
Saturday: Raiders v Sharks followed by Storm v Cowboys
Sunday: Broncos v Titans/Tigers
Did you actually read what I wrote? :joy: I suggested the Storm final be on Sunday at AAMI Park. There is no AFL scheduled that day - not just in Melbourne but ANYWHERE. As Buzz would say - a 'free kick' to the NRL.

Jetka100

Juniors
There is an article in the Australian today suggesting a double header at Allianz on Saturday to go head to head with the AFL which I think would be great depending on how the Top 8 ends up.

lockyno1

Post Whore
"Will"?

I think it was a suggestion rather than any sort of confirmation.

Either way the concept of playing Dogs v Panthers at Allianz is ridiculous given both are Western Sydney teams but whatevs.

At least the say 25-30,000 will look good on TV. That is one positive about it.

Sleep

Juniors
"Will"?

I think it was a suggestion rather than any sort of confirmation.

Either way the concept of playing Dogs v Panthers at Allianz is ridiculous given both are Western Sydney teams but whatevs.

No more ridiculous than the Bulldogs finishing seventh and getting a home final.

Snappy

Coach
Anyone know the formula for who plays who in week 2 ?

example

Loser 1 v 4 plays winner 5 v 8

or

Loser 1 v 4 plays winner 6 v 7

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Anyone know the formula for who plays who in week 2 ?

example

Loser 1 v 4 plays winner 5 v 8

or

Loser 1 v 4 plays winner 6 v 7

1v4 loser plays winner 5v8 - winner then plays W 2v3

2v3 loser plays winner 6v7 - winner then plays W 1v4

undertaker

Coach
Now that I've had time to think the possible finals combinations through, here's my thoughts:

Of the 4 timelots: Friday night, Saturday 6pm, Saturday 8pm, Sunday arvo

- Melbourne, getting a guaranteed home final at AAMI Park, should be locked in for Saturday 6pm. As someone else said, it'd be a big mistake playing them on Friday night against Geelong vs Hawthorn. Melbourne won't get any more than15k max, regardless of their opponent. They'd get in the 10-15k range. On Saturday evening, they'll get 20k+ (and potentially up to 25k, if against the Cowboys).

- Cronulla or Canberra's home final (whoever hosts) locked in for Friday night at Allianz/GIO Stadium.

- If Broncos host a final, locked in for Sunday arvo and the remaining final held on Saturday 8pm. If against the Titans, it will sell-out, against Tigers would get 45k+

- If Cowboys host a final, locked in for Saturday 8pm with the remaining final on Sunday arvo.

- Penrith or Bulldogs home final held at Allianz on Sat 8pm if Broncos playing on Sunday. If Broncos don't have a home final, then at ANZ Stadium on Sunday.

Other issues brought up:

- no to a double header at Allianz. This would be a mistake. The double header in 2013 only got 32k. I believe Bulldogs/Penrith and Cronulla vs TBA would draw more as separate games at Allianz compared to a double header.

undertaker

Coach
(continuing from my previous post):

Therefore, this leaves the possible venue combinations for week 1 of Allianz Stadium/AAMI Park or GIO Stadium/AAMI Park for the first two timeslots (Friday night/Saturday 6pm)

and for Saturday 8pm/Sunday arvo, the possible combinations of:

Allianz STadium/Suncorp
Townsville/Suncorp
Townsville/ANZ STadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts