What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Knights

Thankfully it looks like Peachey will start in the centres. Although that means Hiku will either come on in second row. Or push Peachey to second row.

If Hiku comes off the bench Peach will shift to the back row like he did a few times last year when Hardaker came on.

I'd rather Peach play the whole game in the centres to terrorise the Knights edges. Let Hiku get his fitness up in reserves. Play Browne who I think might have played a bit of back row as well as prop at the dogs instead or blood CWH if he is ready. At least for this week.
Carty & fish should be back next week or 2.

betcats

Referee
Bit worried about Sitalekis decision making defensively, he's an aggressive guy, it's all good to run up and belt carrier in the middle but on the edge with the speed men coming at you it can be a bit more complicated. I'm sure he will be fine, certainly happy to have Peach stay in the centres.

betcats

Referee
Not losing to much with either Browne or Leota, Brownes experience off the bench will be good.

We really should be able to get over these guys through the middle if we are switched on. Just hold the ball and defend well without giving away silly penalties and things will open up for us eventually. But if we give some of these young knights guys a sniff they have the potential to make things uncomfortable for us, we just need to strangle the life out of them early, they don't have the strike or experience to fight back from a couple tries down if we do that imo.

Last edited:

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I think if the Dragons game told us anything, it is that we are able to be rolled by absolutely anyone on the day. (Seriously, we conceded 40 bloody points against that mob.)

That might turn out to be a good thing to know in games like this.

betcats

Referee
Oh definitely, we play like we did round 1 and we are getting flogged. That's why I said 'if we are switched on' which to me just means the opposite of whatever the f**k we were in round 1. I think the motivation is there after lasts weeks loss though, slightly controversial in our first home game, I think(or hope) the boys will be ready to make up for it this week.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Can't wait for tonight - Should be a good match - As long as we play with discipline and not get too confident, we should take the points here - I'm just worried we'll be complacent and let them run over the top of us.

Panther91-03

Juniors
Can't wait for tonight - Should be a good match - As long as we play with discipline and not get too confident, we should take the points here - I'm just worried we'll be complacent and let them run over the top of us.

I think the boys have learned their lesson. Should be a win for us but not by alot.

betcats

Referee
If the bench is Latu,Kiks,Hiku and CHN you wouldn't want to lose a middle forward during the game. I would like to see CHN get a run though. Its probably been a long time since Sitaleki played close to 80 so if he is starting on the edge you would think he'd get a rest at some point which probably means Hiku or hopefully CHN.

Whino

Bench
I think Aka will play about 20 mins then come off for a rest or not be sighted again. Depending on how the game is going he could come back on 60 minute mark for a 2nd dig or not at all. He doesn't seen to have the stamina to play more than 30 minutes a match. Plus his starting role would change his game a little to his one burst off the bench.
Last year I think against the Dogs Aka started, played 20 odd minutes then wasn't sighted again for the rest of the match.

tripster

Juniors
I hope it stays dry tonight. If it is another soaking wet game I can see it evening things up for the Knights.