What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths fans disappointed and angry at losing Goodwin

doyen

Bench
I don't think it's been mentioned here yet but:

- top 5 metre gainers for us this season Bryson was 5th.

- top 5 line breakers Bryson was equal third with Angus....

To those saying we won't miss Bryson I think you are kidding yourselves and haven't watched our games.........

He will be sorely missed............

Bryson played close to his best ever RL last season & could have easily made our squad for 2018.
But I think he wanted a change--to get far away;which he has done.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Bryson played close to his best ever RL last season & could have easily made our squad for 2018.
But I think he wanted a change--to get far away;which he has done.
Thanks Doyen mate for your opinions which I highly value even if I disagree sometimes.......

Others on our forum are trying to de-rail things in the crazy season but I'm here to talk footy..........

Funny thing is Doyen blokes on our forum have said Goodwin is only a back up fringe player like Turner and Clark........

Thing is though Turner and Clark don't have it in them week in week out whereas Goodwin just keeps on going with the hard yakka...........

The fact he's in our top 5 key stats for at least a couple of key areas/stats just goes to show he reliable he has been.........

Hunt, Jennings and those kinds of players Doyen are in the lower class levels compared to Bryson. They don't have it in them........

doyen

Bench
Thanks Doyen mate for your opinions which I highly value even if I disagree sometimes.......

Others on our forum are trying to de-rail things in the crazy season but I'm here to talk footy..........

Funny thing is Doyen blokes on our forum have said Goodwin is only a back up fringe player like Turner and Clark........

Thing is though Turner and Clark don't have it in them week in week out whereas Goodwin just keeps on going with the hard yakka...........

The fact he's in our top 5 key stats for at least a couple of key areas/stats just goes to show he reliable he has been.........

Hunt, Jennings and those kinds of players Doyen are in the lower class levels compared to Bryson. They don't have it in them........

There weren't too many reliable & consistent players for us in 2017--Bryson was one of the very few!!

He continued to play well under duress after his brother's suicide which says a lot about his character as well as his football ability. A team man through & through!!
A club does miss that type of player.

Rabbits20

Immortal
There weren't too many reliable & consistent players for us in 2017--Bryson was one of the very few!!

He continued to play well under duress after his brother's suicide which says a lot about his character as well as his football ability. A team man through & through!!
A club does miss that type of player.
Correct...

Dogmatix

Juniors
Goodwin does try his best. But his best is just not very good

When Souths played their key games at the end of 2014 Goodwin was not good enough to make the team. Walker, Auva'a, Johnston and Tuqiri were all better than him

The quality of the Souths' backline has dropped badly since 2014. So Goodwin has not improved, it is Souths that have gone backwards. Goodwin has moved up in the pecking order because Souths have dropped their standards

It was time for Goodwin to go

doyen

Bench
Goodwin does try his best. But his best is just not very good

When Souths played their key games at the end of 2014 Goodwin was not good enough to make the team. Walker, Auva'a, Johnston and Tuqiri were all better than him

The quality of the Souths' backline has dropped badly since 2014. So Goodwin has not improved, it is Souths that have gone backwards. Goodwin has moved up in the pecking order because Souths have dropped their standards

It was time for Goodwin to go

It probably was time for Goodwin to exit the NRL & I think he realised this himself.

But he was,as I said,one of our more consistent players in the club & better than his younger competitors. He was picked in every game in 2017,I think,as the coach valued his experience & 110% effort.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
It probably was time for Goodwin to exit the NRL & I think he realised this himself.

But he was,as I said,one of our more consistent players in the club & better than his younger competitors. He was picked in every game in 2017,I think,as the coach valued his experience & 110% effort.
He could have played on Doyen but it's been a big year for him family wise and he had to do the best by himself.....

Rabbits20

Immortal

Oi Doyen they just brought out the top 5 offloaders for us in 2017 and Goodwin is in that as well.

So he's in the top 5:

Metre gainers
Line breakers
Offloaders

Not bad for a so called dud and so called fringe first grader........

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/09/19/top_5_offloads.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=19092017 Email Send&utm_content=19092017 Email Send+CID_918ff9e5d38499de98dbd09f1a2c063c&utm_source=Email marketing software&utm_term=Read More

Pommy

Coach
Catalans beat Leigh overnight in the million pound game.
Leigh will now have to make much of their side redundant to make ends meet. I doubt Leigh will be gambling on a return to the super league next year as they will be fighting a cashes up Toronto for that honour.
I think Bryson will be looking for a job this morning, although that is just a suspicion.

Travitoh

First Grade
Catalans beat Leigh overnight in the million pound game.
Leigh will now have to make much of their side redundant to make ends meet. I doubt Leigh will be gambling on a return to the super league next year as they will be fighting a cashes up Toronto for that honour.
I think Bryson will be looking for a job this morning, although that is just a suspicion.

If no SL club picks up his contract, i wouldn't be upset to see him back at Souths next year

WireMan

Bench
If he comes to Warrington, which is the strong rumour, he will be replacing Hiku.

Is that a step up or down?

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
i dont agree RE-GOODWIN/ Bryson goodwin was good for another 2 years goodwin over graham/talakai/burns and jennings any day of the week,bryson had a fairly significent career as the others have done zero and most likely will do zero in their future careers . I think your cutting bryson short he is as needed as aj in our back line he aint a fool like gray nor is he injured as much as gray. Bryson goodwin is a true professional and always has been whether he was at the dogs or at souths but the cattle has been moved on after 2014 and bryson goodwin can hold his head up high ....S h a d o w...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
RE/GOODWIN-Well if that may be the case id like to see:

1. AJ
2. MORRIS
3. GAGAI
4. INGLIS
5. GOODWIN

Sack/release - talakai/burns/jennings/hunt and put graham back in the u20""s;)....gotta be cruel to be kind as they say:p...Shadow...P.S. Looks better dont you think as long as your not wearing rose colored glasses:cool:even Shadow can put a better back line together than souths F A C T...S H A D O W...

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
Confirmed he has signed with Warrington.
I’m not sure if it’s a step up as it’s my understanding Hiku really took to the SL like a duck to water.
On their recent NRL form you would say Goodwin was better though.

Last edited:
Bryson was always a mid-price guy in the roster, never a superstar but not a numpty either. Kind of like a goal kicking david simmons, decent finisher and doesn't have flippers for hands.

He is a solid first grader but stood out like a beacon in our back line this year because he wasn't surrounded by too many solid first graders.

You don't win premierships when he is the best wing / centre option at your club. You win premierships when he is playing reserve grade every week because all of your back line are better than him.