What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

DlEHARD

Juniors
Broncos day on fox. Derby game from 1996 against the other powerhouse of SEQ RL.

FF6A0759-75A6-40B5-9F5C-C6B70C06EF65_zpsfllmbiy8.jpg

Has there been a better jersey colour than ‘baby shit yellow’??

It was Aztec Gold and it was beautiful.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Wouldn't it be fun to see the Titans do a Crushers-inspired retro jersey one year? To pay tribute to another SEQ franchise that wasn't the Seagulls.

Im still sad the GC didnt try to draw links between themselves and the Crushers...

The old Gold Coast clubs smell of failed franchise (why are we surprised there was constant talk of the Titans falling over, even before the insolvency?)

The Crushers, on the other hand, we a team with great potential cruelly smothered by the big, bad Broncos. It seems the much better link to make....

Canard

Immortal
Im still sad the GC didnt try to draw links between themselves and the Crushers...

The old Gold Coast clubs smell of failed franchise (why are we surprised there was constant talk of the Titans falling over, even before the insolvency?)

The Crushers, on the other hand, we a team with great potential cruelly smothered by the big, bad Broncos. It seems the much better link to make....

Yeh, your not a Qlder are you?

To the majority of Qlders the Crushers were a failed team that recruiters has been like Mario Fenech and didn't stay true to their QLD identity.

mistertaylor

Juniors

To the majority of Qlders the Crushers were a failed team that recruiters has been like Mario Fenech and didn't stay true to their QLD identity.
To be fair, the Cowboys also had this problem early in its existence. But they stuck around post-SL and look at the club now. If the Crushers had been afforded the same chance who knows how strong and successful they could have become?

kdalymc

Bench

What was the go with this with the 90s expansion- new teams just got plebs and 40 year olds. But then the titans came in and got guns..?

Saint Doc

Coach
What was the go with this with the 90s expansion- new teams just got plebs and 40 year olds. But then the titans came in and got guns..?

4 new teams at once. In hindsight it was crazy. But I still remember watching the news with dad, I would have been 8 years old in 1994 so very vague memory, but I remember the 4 new teams being announced and the news showing their logos and name. It was exciting!

beave

Coach

Guns??

Please.

The NQ Cowboys had a squad full of household names for 1995, everyone in the land knows who Justin Loomans, John Skardon amd David Bouveng is/was.

We only missed the top 8 by 9 wins............

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
4 new teams at once. In hindsight it was crazy. But I still remember watching the news with dad, I would have been 8 years old in 1994 so very vague memory, but I remember the 4 new teams being announced and the news showing their logos and name. It was exciting!

It is crazy to think about the difference between now and then...

It used to be that the game couldnt expand fast enough and any ambitious plan could be taken up. Now, we are excited about the prospect of MAYBE one team in Perth in MAYBE 5 years and MAYBE and international calendar.

I really hope the American teams in the SL give that comp new life. RL, in Australia, has always been driven the competition between NSWRL and QRL. Since NRL became the undisputed supreme comp, the game has stagnated.

What we need is a proper fear of destruction again...

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Dodgy paint effort...but i think it would be cool!

gc%20titans%20heritage.png

Thats great.

It wouldnt be a bad idea for the Titans to take on a 3rd colour permanently just to give them a bit more definition and make them more recognizable.

Purple would work (they would only have Melbourne tog et confused with), but red/orange/green would work just as well. They just really need to get away from the low-budget Parra-NSW hybrid look...

Perth Red

Post Whore

We had a couple of decent players in our inaugural squad, sadly I heard the attitude of most of them was pretty poor.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/arl-1995/western-reds/summary.html

Never did like the reds jerseys though, too many colours and no real relationship to WA

http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/en/teams/w/wa-reds/shirts-t337.html

If you look on link above can anyone e plain the SL jerseys? There is one with qbe sponsor and super Cup logo, was this a jersey pre SL launch as the one used in 1997 was sponsorless and had the SL logo in middle?

Also the reds 1995 jersey with nswrl logo, was this a 1995 pre season jersey?

Last edited:

Zerô

Juniors
I found out about the expansion team because in the year before they revealed the teams logos in the last 4 cards of the footy card set before the checklist