What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Saturday 21st April v Raiders @ Central coast stadium

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just watched the Sam shot again and it was just abrain snap from him!

Sezer actually only ducked as it was from the force!

Could get 5 weeks like Soliola did last year!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'd just like to say how gutsy AJ was under the high ball!!

No one has yet pointed out that Raider when it was 18-6 and the bomb was put up and in the air they shoulder charged AJ!! Not even put on report! A shoulder charge in mid air is very dangerous @callmack1

It was a massive play from AJ as the momentum at that point was with Canberra.

Also Kennar was sublime under the high ball! Didn't let Croker get a piece of it at all! Top job from Richie there.

Cody was really really really good.

I know Angus can be dodgy defensively and knock ons too but he did so much work and that will be really hard for us to replace!

Our bench deserve a big wrap. I thought all of them were really good.

callmack1

Staff member
The Central Coast have be commended for that game, even just watching on TV the crowd was great, it was like 80% Souths fans and the atmosphere seemed amazing! So well done to them.

I'll watch all the replays and stuff tomorrow but yes, I'm very concerned about Sam, not looking good at all.

And you're right R20, Whitehead should've been put on report twice!

Rabbits20

Immortal
The Central Coast have be commended for that game, even just watching on TV the crowd was great, it was like 80% Souths fans and the atmosphere seemed amazing! So well done to them.

I'll watch all the replays and stuff tomorrow but yes, I'm very concerned about Sam, not looking good at all.

And you're right R20, Whitehead should've been put on report twice!
You know what is a shame as well??....... Whitehead probs won't even miss a week

Rabbits20

Immortal
My take on the game:

AJ: Very good with his passing game compared to previous weeks and he took the line in. Very safe under the high ball. Especially at 18-6 when that Raider shoulder charged him in the air and didn't even get put on report. Needs work on his support play though. Didn't support Sammy on that big break! Plus other breaks too!
Kennar: I'd have liked a bit more shit work and he was very strong under the high ball. Didn't let that sniper Croker even get a sniff. It was brilliant from Richie. Defensively can't blame him as it was more Gagai, AR and Crichton's fault.
Gagai: Good with the shit work. Very good one on one steal there too and a great flick pass for Richie. His defence was his let down. Needs to be better than that!
GI: I got tears in my eyes watching him streak away. I was watching the game sitting on my bed and when he was running the field I was jumping up and down on my bed! What a moment. Like we down the whole thing again! It changed the momentum that intercept too as Raiders were coming lads! He was breaking tackles besides that too and was so strong. Raiders didn't even try to score down his edge muchas he had them covered.
Jennings: I'm shocked the Raiders didn't test him under the high ball! He was good overall though and I liked his workrate.
Cody: What a performance from him. Took control and was running rings around them!
AR: Pretty happy overall with his kicking game. He gets an 8/10 for his kicking for mine. Got us a couple of repeat sets too. His bombs were good! Nice to see him have a few runs at the line too! He will keep getting better!
Tom: A bollocking performance. I was greatly impressed.
Cook: Played well getting the forwards onto the front foot and was very fast as usual. His defence keeps improving too. He's dynamite. I love it when I can say Coooooooookkkkkkkkieeeeeee in matches!
George: Not as many running metres but did his job well still.
Sutton: Comsistent once again. Strong carries and with that step still there. Good defensively too!
Angus: Credit for a lot of work he did out there that goes unnoticed. Disappointed in his several cheap errors that put us under all sorts. We had a completion rate of 86 percent and if you take him out of it, it's probably about 92perecnt completions! Defensively needs to help AR more too and cover for him a bit better.
Sam: Call me bias, but that's the best rampaging performance I have seen from a forward this year. Was just brilliant. Such a shame re that ugly shot on Sezer as it was a brainsnap and could cost him 4-5 weeks! Needs to get these silly things out of his game!

Hunt: didn't notice him much.
Nicholls: Stromg carries and did his job defensively. Going well he is.
Clark: What a man on a mission when he came on. So alert and on song with his carries! A couple of offloads too which was great! Did his job defensively too. Then that try!!! On the commentary they said and how our faithful were on their feet for GI and I say well what about favourite son Clarrrrrrrkkkkkkyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! I was going off!
Tatola: Very good impact. Did his job well. We need to lock this kid down ASAP. He just plays upbeat and with the right attitude. Love him!

Well there is my summary lads! A grand win for our Grand Old Club against a tricky bogey like opponent for us!

King Bunny

Juniors
rabbit-fruitfulness.jpg

Rabbits20

Immortal
I posted this in rumours and injuries thread but though I'd post it here too in case anyone misses that!

Judiciary code @callmack1

https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-game/judiciary-code/

Reckless high tackle grade 3 is 500 points so that's 5 weeks. With early plea he may just get away with 4 weeks lads.

Other scenario is that:

Intentional high tackle gets referred to panel! Not sure how that all works!

Whitehead should get a dangerous contact charge'of some sort I hope.

What about the Raider who at 18-6 shoulder charged AJ in the air?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Sam will probably get sidelined but 5 weeks would be unbelievable. Tackles like that happen all the time in rugby league. I’d expect 2 weeks. Wade Graham nearly took JT’s head off last year and only got 2 if I remember correctly.

The biggest problem with all of this is that Sezer is obviously looking for a pass and braces himself by bending his knees.

Watching the replays I have no idea how Whitehead wasn’t charged once. Watching him hit Tom from behind was pretty gross. Same as him shoulder charging AJ in the air. If the MRC is fair dinkum about charging the burgess’ then he should definitely be getting charged as well.

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
Told
I posted this in rumours and injuries thread but though I'd post it here too in case anyone misses that!

Judiciary code @callmack1

https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-game/judiciary-code/

Reckless high tackle grade 3 is 500 points so that's 5 weeks. With early plea he may just get away with 4 weeks lads.

Other scenario is that:

Intentional high tackle gets referred to panel! Not sure how that all works!

Whitehead should get a dangerous contact charge'of some sort I hope.

What about the Raider who at 18-6 shoulder charged AJ in the air?

See, told you Ricky's team won't tackle and you would win by 20

Now relax good man!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Aidan Sezer not laying down may also help our case. He bounced straight back up and was ready to go. All credit to Sezer. Tough little halfback.

callmack1

Staff member
Sam will probably get sidelined but 5 weeks would be unbelievable. Tackles like that happen all the time in rugby league. I’d expect 2 weeks. Wade Graham nearly took JT’s head off last year and only got 2 if I remember correctly.

The biggest problem with all of this is that Sezer is obviously looking for a pass and braces himself by bending his knees.

Watching the replays I have no idea how Whitehead wasn’t charged once. Watching him hit Tom from behind was pretty gross. Same as him shoulder charging AJ in the air. If the MRC is fair dinkum about charging the burgess’ then he should definitely be getting charged as well.
That's some very good points actually and it makes me feel a little bit better about the whole thing. However, we know what the NRL is like with Sam so I'm still a bit worried.

On another note, I can't believe Tom has been accused of laying down by Ricky Stuart!! Could you not see what a dog act that was and how much whiplash Tom suffered? He was kicking his legs around in pain FFS so I can't believe that claim!

I actually think Whitehead on Tom was a lot worce than Sam on Sezer considering the situation. Tom's was off the ball, GI was being tackled and it didn't even look like Tom was gonna get the ball. As a result, Tom is relaxed and then Sezer comes in and hits him with that cheap shot which was just disgusting.

Sam's was still bad but it was more a mistake as oppose to an intentional malicious attack. Sezer it taking the ball to the line so he's bracing himself, this means he's ready to get hit and it's not off the ball so you can't really call it intentional. Sam just made a big stuff up which is still bad, but imo, Whitehead on Tom was way worse.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
That's some very good points actually and it makes me feel a little bit better about the whole thing. However, we know what the NRL is like with Sam so I'm still a bit worried.

On another note, I can't believe Tom has been accused of laying down by Ricky Stuart!! Could you not see what a dog act that was and how much whiplash Tom suffered? He was kicking his legs around in pain FFS so I can't believe that claim!

I actually think Whitehead on Tom was a lot worce than Sam on Sezer considering the situation. Tom's was off the ball, GI was being tackled and it didn't even look like Tom was gonna get the ball. As a result, Tom is relaxed and then Sezer comes in and hits him with that cheap shot which was just disgusting.

Sam's was still bad but it was more a mistake as oppose to an intentional malicious attack. Sezer it taking the ball to the line so he's bracing himself, this means he's ready to get hit and it's not off the ball so you can't really call it intentional. Sam just made a big stuff up which is still bad, but imo, Whitehead on Tom was way worse.

Yeah exactly. As you would know from playing rugby league it’s much easier to take a tackle when you’re ready for it. Your body is flexed and you know it’s coming. But when you get hit out of nowhere like that it hurts like a motherf**ker. Tom is gonna feel that this morning. He probably doesn’t deserve anything major over it but it was a massive blindside.

Whitehead shoulder charging AJ in the air was the biggest one I was shocked about. Seriously. 2 of the biggest no no’s in rugby league and wasn’t even charged.

You’re completely right about “malicious intent”. That’s exactly what needs to be considered when reviewing Sam. It wasn’t malicious in any way. It was just very poor timing. Every rugby league team has a player that goes in hard. It’s to try and rally the boys up and not trying to injure the opposition. Sam definitely deserves a week or 2 off but to sit out for 5 would just be outrageous.

Curns13

Juniors
I said it yesterday, but how good is Tommy B going! Is there a better prop in the comp right now? Yesterday: 160 metres made, 70 post contact metres, 2 tackle breaks, 0 errors, 1 missed tackle. Last week: 170 metres made, 60 post contact metres, 7 tackle breaks, 2 missed tackles, 0 errors.

Going great!

ThingFish

Juniors
I said it yesterday, but how good is Tommy B going! Is there a better prop in the comp right now? Yesterday: 160 metres made, 70 post contact metres, 2 tackle breaks, 0 errors, 1 missed tackle. Last week: 170 metres made, 60 post contact metres, 7 tackle breaks, 2 missed tackles, 0 errors.

Going great!
And all that’s off about 50minutes game time!! Top of the heap this year, killing it.

Latest posts