What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Round 2 - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 9th March 8pm @BlueBet Stadium

Black Panther

Juniors
Penrith fans made no such comments to Cody and Latrell, they had a Roosters jumper on. In any situation though, they are professionals should be water off a ducks back. Not that I am condoning the behaviour.

Rabbits20

Immortal
So who knocked it on? The all clearly went backwards. Round 2 mate, get over it, play on.
Please mate cmon now you’d be upset if it was the other way around it’s been a knock on since 1908 and you’d be upset if the penalties were 7-2 against you 65mins in and if the play ball speed was much slower than the other team yet you only get one six again. If it was the other way around you’d be pissed.

Liam Martin knock on like Jed in play the ball not called. Izaak Thompson knock on when he didn’t bobble it at all. I coukd go on but I won’t. We can beat you round 8 with some forwards back and as long as Atkins is nowhere near the joint.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Shit go from the racist having a go at Latrell. I like that he isn't afraid to make a few spicy comments in the lead up, dog act for some prick to return serve with racist crap. I was planning on coming in here and winding a few of you merkins up, but that has made me change my mind. I'll save it for the next match up.
Sound like it wasn't one of your mob, but JD saying it happens a lot out there. Maybe he was talking in the heat of the moment.
They'll get the gutless turd, don't worry about that.

callmack1

Staff member
Beyond frustrated after that. Well beyond it. I don't even really know what to say as there are so many thoughts going through my head right now. Hate losing to Penrith, just absolutely hate it. Really thought that tonight, our luck would change but no, same shit different year.

I don't really know how to feel about that to be honest. Should I be upset, pissed off and disappointed? We were dominated for most of that game through the middle, the difference in speed was remarkable. Our game plan was shit house to be fair. You'd think after three years, we would have leant that continually trying to bash our way out of our own end plays right into Penrith's hands. But no, we try do the same shit we've done for three years, and you get the same result. It was clear early on it wasn't working, yet no switch to plan B. Especially missing out two best forwards, you'd think they'd try something different. Look at how the last 10 minutes looked when we started to play some Footy?! Why not do that earlier? Plus, our right was on fire last week, yet, we hardly go there tonight? Shit game plan tonight and that's what's ultimately cost us in my opinion.

Completion rate terrible again and our big stars, particularly Cody and Latrell, didn't decide to play until the last 10 minutes. Simply not good enough.

Or should I be proud? Incredible defensive game all things considered. The Panthers clicked back into their old ways tonight and looked great, they threw EVERYTHING at us. Yet for the most part, we turned them away and denied them time and time again. Despite how Penrith were playing, despite how we were playing, we kept them to 16 points. That's pretty amazing to be fair. Shows how far we've come.

The comeback was amazing too.

I think the overwhelming feeling is frustration and disappointment. I am super proud too but being proud isn't good enough when you're chasing a Premiership. We weren't good enough tonight, simple as that.

The referee didn't help. Terrible from the Penrith junior. That try on half time was a knock on every day of the week yet, it doesn't even get looked at? it was the difference in the end.

Will go into more depth on Saturday when I do my review but just too frustrated to think right now. Ughhhhhhhh!!

Black Panther

Juniors
Please mate cmon now you’d be upset if it was the other way around it’s been a knock on since 1908 and you’d be upset if the penalties were 7-2 against you 65mins in and if the play ball speed was much slower than the other team yet you only get one six again. If it was the other way around you’d be pissed.

Liam Martin knock on like Jed in play the ball not called. Izaak Thompson knock on when he didn’t bobble it at all. I coukd go on but I won’t. We can beat you round 8 with some forwards back and as long as Atkins is nowhere near the joint.
So another what if? Now the Ref. Just beat Penrith and be done with it.

The ball clearly got knocked back, play on. It was reviewed, so no excuse again. Clearly South’s need Latrell to shut the f**k up and play Footy.

soc123_au

Staff member
Sound like it wasn't one of your mob, but JD saying it happens a lot out there. Maybe he was talking in the heat of the moment.
They'll get the gutless turd, don't worry about that.
Sadly there are shitbags in every fan base. Stupid merkins dont understand how to banter properly and go straight to the bottom drawer. Latrell will be ok I'm sure, but he shouldn't have to hear that rubbish.

Black Panther

Juniors
Beyond frustrated after that. Well beyond it. I don't even really know what to say as there are so many thoughts going through my head right now. Hate losing to Penrith, just absolutely hate it. Really thought that tonight, our luck would change but no, same shit different year.

I don't really know how to feel about that to be honest. Should I be upset, pissed off and disappointed? We were dominated for most of that game through the middle, the difference in speed was remarkable. Our game plan was shit house to be fair. You'd think after three years, we would have leant that continually trying to bash our way out of our own end plays right into Penrith's hands. But no, we try do the same shit we've done for three years, and you get the same result. It was clear early on it wasn't working, yet no switch to plan B. Especially missing out two best forwards, you'd think they'd try something different. Look at how the last 10 minutes looked when we started to play some Footy?! Why not do that earlier? Plus, our right was on fire last week, yet, we hardly go there tonight? Shit game plan tonight and that's what's ultimately cost us in my opinion.

Completion rate terrible again and our big stars, particularly Cody and Latrell, didn't decide to play until the last 10 minutes. Simply not good enough.

Or should I be proud? Incredible defensive game all things considered. The Panthers clicked back into their old ways tonight and looked great, they threw EVERYTHING at us. Yet for the most part, we turned them away and denied them time and time again. Despite how Penrith were playing, despite how we were playing, we kept them to 16 points. That's pretty amazing to be fair. Shows how far we've come.

The comeback was amazing too.

I think the overwhelming feeling is frustration and disappointment. I am super proud too but being proud isn't good enough when you're chasing a Premiership. We weren't good enough tonight, simple as that.

The referee didn't help. Terrible from the Penrith junior. That try on half time was a knock on every day of the week yet, it doesn't even get looked at? it was the difference in the end.

Will go into more depth on Saturday when I do my review but just too frustrated to think right now. Ughhhhhhhh!!
Good post until you blame the Ref again. 50/50 calls normally even out over a season.

Rabbits20

Immortal
So another what if? Now the Ref. Just beat Penrith and be done with it.

The ball clearly got knocked back, play on. It was reviewed, so no excuse again. Clearly South’s need Latrell to shut the f**k up and play Footy.
Wow you are very bias my Roosters mates were messaging me saying it was a howler and we got robbed.

Atkins is a life member mate of your junior refs association, we have been given rough calls on field from him and in the bunker playing you guys. All we want is a fair go we don’t get it with him. And as I said it was the other way around you’d be feeling like we all are!

Wizardman

First Grade
There is some clear delusion among Souths fans. Yes, you did cop a raw one with the Garner knock on. The Panthers also copped a raw one as one of the Souths tries was a clear no try due to Chee Kam passing off the ground.
In the way the game was played, the Panthers dominated you for a large proportion of that match. Penrith still have some work to do to get that polish in attack back but they did enough.
Your side clearly lacks some trust in Illias and your right winger needs to shake hands with the NSW Cup coach.

truthslayer

Juniors
The crack in the windscreen is getting bigger apparently.. Yep the gap is widening..
Have you not better things to do than talk crap, again the ball bounce and questionable decisions went with Penrith. Walker was weak, and the half back Illias was poor. You can throw in cook there also.MITCHELLS brother shaq was great as was Fifita ran hard all night. The only crack in the windscreen is your backside , now run off and annoy someone else.

callmack1

Staff member
Have woken up and still feel just as frustrated.

Brave Rabbitohs Unable to Overcome Panthers in Error-Riddled Outing: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...to-overcome-panthers-in-error-riddled-outing/

Press Conference - Round 2: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2023/03/09/round-2-post-match-press-conference/

Hats off to JD for that press conference. That is leadership right there. What a man.

Cleary-Luai connection burns Walker in Panthers victory despite late Latrell heroics - Big Hits: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/6d1dbba8544e7440aadeda0bc486d4ff

Demetriou calls for life bans after Latrell subjected to racial abuse: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/03/09...bans-after-latrell-subjected-to-racial-abuse/

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. How is this still going on in 2023?

Nafedogg

Juniors
This game was interesting….we shot ourselves in the foot with silly errors and penalties, yes some classic Atkins calls thrown in there aswell. With players missing I feel we still went ok, frustrating to not get the win but on to next week we go.

Also in regards to Latrell and the racist comments, this is totally unacceptable no matter who the player is. I hope the kid who yelled it out gets a life ban from this, and if he was there with his parents, they cop one too, don’t care who you support this rubbish needs to go.

assess5

Juniors
Souths will never beat Penrith running one out all night.
Penrith are an extremely well drilled side, very mobile forwards, they get three or four forwards to each and every tackle and in that way they slow down the ruck . Penrith did that well, all night except the last ten minutes when Souths threw the ball around and scored two tries.
If you remove the 'lucky' Penrith try, right on half time, you get an indication of how close the game was.
The refereeing was fair.

Travitoh

First Grade
5 days ago we played 60 minutes with 1 forward on the bench and i thought it showed. We looked heavy legged with half of our pack missing. Last nights game says more about Penrith's credentials this season than ours IMO. They dominated us for 75 minutes and it almost went to extra time.

The officials were poor but evened out across the game. They're just incapable.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
So just because South’s have players out they aren’t considered a heavyweight? That will do me.

Your logic makes no sense. A first grade squad with 5 regulars out isnt their best squad. We pretty much fielded our reserve grade forward pack with Koloamatangi, Murray and Burgess.

You guys have had it good for too long. Enjoy the slide. I know everyone else will.

Latest posts