What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Round 2 - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 9th March 8pm @BlueBet Stadium

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Please stop, my sides are hurting. We play our gf's in October, not March.

Latrell has never been on against us. 0 & 7 in the red & green. Cody not much better except he often pops up, bags a try then disappears again.

I agree the try on halftime was a bit dodgy, but your first was also a no try by the rules. Stupid rule in that situation, but a rule none the less. We also bombed 3 or 4 (Credit to Latrell on one of them, the only bit of decent fullback play from him all night), it's not as close as you think it was.

That reads like a very nervous Penrith supporter.

I think its cute that you supporters display the same arrogance that your team displays but your time is done. Order will be restored in the NRL once you guys are out of the top 8 and the game can go back to being its best.

The last two years of the NRL have been dire as with you guys at the top and everybodies bored of Penrith ball and how they act when the win games.

What will be interesting is to see how you guys handle your rebuild.

Good luck for the season. You guys are definitely going to need it.

Exsilium

First Grade
Souths have enjoyed a good rise in the last few years, you didn't get the prize but everyone will always hate the winner for some reason or another. Are we smug? Yes but lets not forget 2014 and how much carry on there was by the Souths fans. I didn't care because they earnt it and was well deserved for both the fans and the squad. We need to let the whole smugness narrative go, its tiring.

This is an entirely different era of footballers. The types of personalities are very different and these younger generations are smug in general. Every team at the top has earnt the right to be a little arrogant. Its a competitive sport and these are mostly young men who are playing the game. We as fans have to understand that the whole social dynamic has changed.

I loathed the Storm and Roosters era for the same reasons most hate the Penrith era.

The tide will indeed swing and it will be someone else at the top but like Souths, Penrith have had very lean years and supporting them was difficult. Ebbs and flows.

Blues Riff

Bench

I think its cute that you supporters display the same arrogance that your team displays but your time is done. Order will be restored in the NRL once you guys are out of the top 8 and the game can go back to being its best.

The last two years of the NRL have been dire as with you guys at the top and everybodies bored of Penrith ball and how they act when the win games.

Won all 4 top grades. We'll be fine. Thanks for caring.
Most likely we'll supply your club with a few over the next decade.
Penrith are unlikely to win a third comp in a row (no shit?), but we're not going away. Get used to it.

soc123_au

Staff member

Nervous? About what? More premierships in 2 years than the PrIdE oF tHe LeAgUe has in the last 50. Life is good.

Steenson123

Juniors
You can bac
Souths have enjoyed a good rise in the last few years, you didn't get the prize but everyone will always hate the winner for some reason or another. Are we smug? Yes but lets not forget 2014 and how much carry on there was by the Souths fans. I didn't care because they earnt it and was well deserved for both the fans and the squad. We need to let the whole smugness narrative go, its tiring.

This is an entirely different era of footballers. The types of personalities are very different and these younger generations are smug in general. Every team at the top has earnt the right to be a little arrogant. Its a competitive sport and these are mostly young men who are playing the game. We as fans have to understand that the whole social dynamic has changed.

I loathed the Storm and Roosters era for the same reasons most hate the Penrith era.

The tide will indeed swing and it will be someone else at the top but like Souths, Penrith have had very lean years and supporting them was difficult. Ebbs and flows.
U can back Penrith with me for all you like. There will be no more GFs. Do not have the same power. You scored 16 against a side playing their second consecutive road playoff game in 5 days!! With several key forwards absent too. Chee Kam and Jed C are NOT even forwards!! In addition the score at the half was very dubious: most of these spilled balls are rule correctly as a fumble. That was deadly allowing that to continue most of our players stopped and thought the same.
Both Cronulla and Penrith are very hard places to win at. Extremely difficult as both were top 4 outfits. Hence going 1-1, and with a positive F/A is a fine pass. Could this Penrith outfit win these two games in 5 days on the road? Doubt that very much yet you get a Mr Whippy soft schedule. Who is next: Balmain or Newcastle?? Or what about a reunion with Gould Kikau and the toothless Bulldogs? Mark it down right here. No more GFs. Put your dough[?] where your bouche is.

Last edited:

Steenson123

Juniors
Let us be brutally honest. The Schedule is horrific. @ Cronulla then in 5 days @ Penrith then... @ Easts!! That's 3 consecutive road playoff games. Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells heck Bill Belichcik and Brady would struggle with that!!! After Easts its the improved Manly then Melbourne!!
The players are not robots nor zombies. Who ever is responsible for the Schedule is blatantly biased against us. What is the draw for Penrith? Balmain and Newcastle or St George?? Or how about the dopey Bulldogs?
Put Penrith @ Cronulla then @ Melbourne in 5 days then @ Parramatta then Easts and Souths. Realistically how many of these would they win? I bet thay have a losing record.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Will be good to move onto next week where we can rid ourselves of these Penrith supporters on our part of LU and they can go back to talking about how impressive Jarome Luai and Dylan Edwards are in their own part of the forum. I dont know if there's any likeable Penrith supporters left.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Statement Regarding Racist Vilification of Latrell Mitchell: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...ding-racist-vilification-of-latrell-mitchell/

'Absolutely abhorrent' - Abdo vows to end racism in game: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/03/09...bans-after-latrell-subjected-to-racial-abuse/

Latrell returns to family farm amid racism Storm as Souths condemn 'archaic' fans vile abuse: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...2/news-story/1eee0627562cf292fa6ad69e1aef6621

'This is a deeper issue' - Trent Robinson issues apology to Latrell Mitchell on behalf of Roosters: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/e5dd9f87efe6561bce273989cc30b232

The rivalry aside, I really appreciate that from Robinson.

Moment alleged racial slur was aimed at Latrell Mitchell as new details emerge: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/f656c4f007a3dd8a04636e33ad9639fd

NRL world's furore over 's***' racial slur as League boss addresses big Latrell fear: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/3b27389949cd7b5df1ce88a2123427d0

Teamates fear abuse will force Mitchell to quit: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2...-ejected/8b352ea9-b0e0-4e55-aaac-807748678bce

I hate Luai with a passion as both a player and a person but for perhaps the first time ever, I do have to tip my hat to him here. A strong show of support from a rival.

callmack1

Staff member
Still amazed that this stuff still goes on, it's f**king 2023. We are all one and the same. I don't give a shit what colour, religion, sexuality you are, if you are a good person or a good player or a role model, I will treat you the same as anyone else, with respect. The fact that there are people out there that don't live like that and think someone is inferior because of their colour just blows my mind. I can confidently and proudly say, not once have I had those thoughts.

Just disgusted by these events last night. Won't go into too much detail as JD has basically nailed it and said what I'm sure we're all thinking, Abdo and Solly have too. Life bans are 100% the way to go here for me, I don't care how young he is, there is no excuse. And by 15, you should have values. Ban the kids parents too because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and for someone of that age to say something like that, it comes down to parenting I reckon.

I'm glad the media is giving this so much attention because everyone needs to be aware of it. The fact that this has overshadowed the actual game (and rightly so as it's a big issue) is very disappointing. this should never be the case as it should never happen in the first place.

It shouldn't be happening, it's not on and racists don't have a place in our game.

callmack1

Staff member
Hello Jennifer here.

I've just came here to apologise about the racial slur that happened tonight at Penrith Park.

I hope the person involved is found, and that he banned for life. Plus what ever action the police, the NRL and Penrith Club chose.

No one should have to endure this.

I'm currently having a break from League unlimited at the moment.

I did though feel the need to call out this type of behaviour.

I hope they throw the book at him or her.
Thank you for your kind words Jennifer, it's not a reflection on your club at all.

Completely agree with what you said.

Will be good to move onto next week where we can rid ourselves of these Penrith supporters on our part of LU and they can go back to talking about how impressive Jarome Luai and Dylan Edwards are in their own part of the forum. I dont know if there's any likeable Penrith supporters left.
we dont want to be likeable anyway.... up the pennies

Still amazed that this stuff still goes on, it's f**king 2023. We are all one and the same. I don't give a shit what colour, religion, sexuality you are, if you are a good person or a good player or a role model, I will treat you the same as anyone else, with respect. The fact that there are people out there that don't live like that and think someone is inferior because of their colour just blows my mind. I can confidently and proudly say, not once have I had those thoughts.

Just disgusted by these events last night. Won't go into too much detail as JD has basically nailed it and said what I'm sure we're all thinking, Abdo and Solly have too. Life bans are 100% the way to go here for me, I don't care how young he is, there is no excuse. And by 15, you should have values. Ban the kids parents too because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and for someone of that age to say something like that, it comes down to parenting I reckon.

I'm glad the media is giving this so much attention because everyone needs to be aware of it. The fact that this has overshadowed the actual game (and rightly so as it's a big issue) is very disappointing. this should never be the case as it should never happen in the first place.

It shouldn't be happening, it's not on and racists don't have a place in our game.
I agree with everything you said- racism should and cannot be part of the game- whether you like a player or the team. People like that do need to be banned fro any sporting event and never be let back in. Banter is ok but should never get personal or degrading to anyone.

callmack1

Staff member
I agree with everything you said- racism should and cannot be part of the game- whether you like a player or the team. People like that do need to be banned fro any sporting event and never be let back in. Banter is ok but should never get personal or degrading to anyone.
Exactly. I love the banter in Rugby League, it's part of what makes the game great and it adds to the theater. By all means, give it to an opposition player when they walk past you

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I’m so proud of Shaq the transformation has been amazing. He should be so proud of himself and his desire is enormous. For me currently he’s winning the battle of being the best out of himself, DSF and Moale.
I agree.
He has been phenomenal these 2 games.
What has impressed me the most about him is his workrate, on both sides of the ball. He is actually looking for hitups, or looking at coming out of the line to make hits. And is working the whole time on the field, not off having a bludge at the back.
And he showed he has a passing games and handles. With a bit more confidence, he should use that more, it looks good.

Last edited: