What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Round 2 - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 9th March 8pm @BlueBet Stadium

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The crack in the windscreen is getting bigger apparently.. Yep the gap is widening..

I saw the cracks for sure. Luai cant play like that every game and i could see he was getting frustrated on the field. Giving away silly penalties. You guys had to shift Liam Martin to accomodate for him. You cant just replace Koroisau with Kenny and Kikau with Garner and expect the same results.

You guys will burn out this season and the whole NRL cant wait for it.

You beat us fair and square this game but this isnt finals footy.

See you in September when it actually matters... or maybe not.

Thumper

Juniors
No need for panic stations gents.
we definitely learnt a few things last night about the team.
Cartwright should never play first grade again.
like I said last year. Thompson has hands like feet. He is a liability.
Shaq deserves his spot even when the others come back.
Our attack was poor. Didn’t attack the right side more than twice all night.
But we defended well, so the attitude is there.
Penriths first try was from a bouncing ball. Second one wasn’t a try. To have 5 forwards out and keep Penrith at home to 16-10 and play shit. Definitely not head hanging stuff.

you guys played well, but really didnt have a sniff until until the last 10 mins- in saying that your first try of off a pass on the ground by tackled player - second try i will admit got lucky with that one ( did it go foward - maybe. but in saying that have seen worse and teams have gotten away with it. What really gets me though- where was lattrell until to the last 10 minutes? Great player plenty of talent but only does what he needs to do.

handyman2190

Bench
No need for panic stations gents.
we definitely learnt a few things last night about the team.
Cartwright should never play first grade again.
like I said last year. Thompson has hands like feet. He is a liability.
Shaq deserves his spot even when the others come back.
Our attack was poor. Didn’t attack the right side more than twice all night.
But we defended well, so the attitude is there.
Penriths first try was from a bouncing ball. Second one wasn’t a try. To have 5 forwards out and keep Penrith at home to 16-10 and play shit. Definitely not head hanging stuff.
Ive said it many times jeds not worth itits his last year i hope he goes,thomsons not really a 1st grader, we need a winger,luis the biggest grub in the game along with ennis who is the worst commentator on fox,a joke

I saw the cracks for sure. Luai cant play like that every game and i could see he was getting frustrated on the field. Giving away silly penalties. You guys had to shift Liam Martin to accomodate for him. You cant just replace Koroisau with Kenny and Kikau with Garner and expect the same results.

You guys will burn out this season and the whole NRL cant wait for it.

You beat us fair and square this game but this isnt finals footy.

See you in September when it actually matters... or maybe not.
what about your man Walker- he has a brain explosion every single time he plays against penrith. I agree you cannot replace the calibre of Kikau and Korosiau - but in saying that still did the job, about burning out i dont think so - but it is a long season.

Yes its not finals footy ( its only round 2) onwards and upwards and go the pennies

Thumper

Juniors
you guys played well, but really didnt have a sniff until until the last 10 mins- in saying that your first try of off a pass on the ground by tackled player - second try i will admit got lucky with that one ( did it go foward - maybe. but in saying that have seen worse and teams have gotten away with it. What really gets me though- where was lattrell until to the last 10 minutes? Great player plenty of talent but only does what he needs to do.
Let’s take 5 forwards out of anyone’s best 17 and see if they go.
souths just had no punch. Hard for the backs to get into it when the forwards were dominated in the ruck. But for a team that was that dominate the score board didn’t reflect that. you were gifted a try on half time. First try was from a kick and a lucky bounce. Lets see how the return game goes in round 8. Hopefully south’s have the full roster then.

Thumper

Juniors
Ive said it many times jeds not worth itits his last year i hope he goes,thomsons not really a 1st grader, we need a winger,luis the biggest grub in the game along with ennis who is the worst commentator on fox,a joke
Ennis is a disgrace. Every time luai gets into dummy half he pulls one of the tackles off the tackle. They get a quick play the ball and he scoots from dummy half with a marker laying on the ground.
Atkins has history against south’s. His performance was the worst of the night.
he constantly stopped play when south’s had the ball. We could never get any momentum.

Black Panther

Juniors
Your logic makes no sense. A first grade squad with 5 regulars out isnt their best squad. We pretty much fielded our reserve grade forward pack with Koloamatangi, Murray and Burgess.

You guys have had it good for too long. Enjoy the slide. I know everyone else will.
That’s why there is a 30 man playing squad. Depth players are required all year to fill the gaps.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Hahaha i knew someone was going to bring the Chee-Kam offload up. that was a brilliant play and he was in the motion of passing it when he was tackled. Fair game if you disallow that try but then that half time try was way dodgier so really the game is still as close as it was.

Penrith played their grand final last night. Everything went their way. Home advantage, 50/50 calls, Souths injuries, Latrell and Cody being off.

Im extremely confident in 2023 we will see new premiers. Whether thats Souths, Sharks, Cowboys, Roosters or Eels is yet to be seen but it's good for the game for Penrith to be losing after two years of dominance.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think the majority of NRL fans agree that it was a joke. Watch the NRL come out next week saying "We made a mistake here and we're sorry for any inconvenience."
Happened last year too with the Edwards obstruction and the Yeo knock on in the play the ball two tries that were not tries. Geez it’d be nice for a change in round 8 to get some favourable calls against these guys. One things for sure I’ll be there for it and I plan on shouting and chanting myself hoarse!

And it would be nice to have a full team available to take them on as well for a change.

soc123_au

Staff member
Penrith played their grand final last night. Everything went their way. Home advantage, 50/50 calls, Souths injuries, Latrell and Cody being off.
Please stop, my sides are hurting. We play our gf's in October, not March.

Latrell has never been on against us. 0 & 7 in the red & green. Cody not much better except he often pops up, bags a try then disappears again.

I agree the try on halftime was a bit dodgy, but your first was also a no try by the rules. Stupid rule in that situation, but a rule none the less. We also bombed 3 or 4 (Credit to Latrell on one of them, the only bit of decent fullback play from him all night), it's not as close as you think it was.

Latest posts