What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v The Sharks

Luke Bowden

First Grade
What exactly is to be gained from his current 6 minutes in garbage time?
He’s picked on the bench to play the last six minutes.
He’s picked on the bench to change our attacking focus should we be chasing points, or we lose Yeo for what ever reason.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I agree with most of it...

I still think in games that we are winning easily he should be given way more minutes.

Even it it means moving kenny to lock and giving yeo a 30min early mark for a rest..
But why?

You forget that he plays against the best NRL team every week at training. That’s far more beneficial

Luke Bowden

First Grade
So that didn't happen in 2021?
What happened to Melbourne in 2021 is completely irrelevant.
We are a different side, we have a completely different system.

Comparing us to the 2021 Melbourne is pretty dumb.

Did you think our bench rotation last night was poor? Was anyone struggling to keep up and needed a rest?

Chins get the wins

First Grade
What happened to Melbourne in 2021 is completely irrelevant.
We are a different side, we have a completely different system.

Comparing us to the 2021 Melbourne is pretty dumb.

Did you think our bench rotation last night was poor? Was anyone struggling to keep up and needed a rest?
Injury cover is the issue that people have and you know it.

I like Soni's skill set but it doesn't offer us anything atm

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Well Salmon has proved he can't cover the backs when it matters so anyone there but the biggest issue would be head knocks to forwards.
What are you talking about?? Salmon plays just fine, where ever he’s put. You are mad, I really don’t know why I bother trying to talk to you.

Are you going to be outraged next year when Hosking takes Salmons role off the bench??

Chins get the wins

First Grade
What are you talking about?? Salmon plays just fine, where ever he’s put. You are mad, I really don’t know why I bother trying to talk to you.

Are you going to be outraged next year when Hosking takes Salmons role off the bench??
We don't even know if Soni Luke a hooker can cover more than 20mins of hooker.

Jog on supercoach

Girds89

Bench
But why?

You forget that he plays against the best NRL team every week at training. That’s far more beneficial

Nothing is far more beneficial than real time out in the middle.

Its like cricket.. you can be in the best form in the world in the nets but until you get out and do it on the field it means nothing.

In games we are cruising it makes no sense to leave him on the bench.... they are the pefrect opportunity to give him some time and confidence

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Nothing is far more beneficial than real time out in the middle.

Its like cricket.. you can be in the best form in the world in the nets but until you get out and do it on the field it means nothing.

In games we are cruising it makes no sense to leave him on the bench.... they are the pefrect opportunity to give him some time and confidence
I’d agree if I thought there were plans for him ti play big minutes, week in, week out.

His big minutes will come next year, he doesn’t need the minutes at the moment.

Girds89

Bench
I’d agree if I thought there were plans for him ti play big minutes, week in, week out.

His big minutes will come next year, he doesn’t need the minutes at the moment.

What does that do for his confidence tho??

If we are up by 30 and ivan is still leaving him on the bench...

Hed be second guessing himself and unsure of his place or value in the team if the coach womt even trust you for a 25min stint when we are flogging the opposition..

Its not about him playing big mins week in week out its about building confidence and giving him opportunities at the right time in matches...

Putting him on for 10 mins and the games done isnt really beneficial for him... its barely even enough time to work into the game..

Its not going to hurt his career by getting more time on the park this year... if anything it gives him a platform to build off..

Injuiries can happen at any time so you can be preserving him for those reasons... if your in the 17 you have to be fit and ready to go..

The fact of the matter is the absolutely no amount of training he does can replicate actually playing mins in the nrl.... that is the most beneficial thing to his development.

Fangs

Coach
But why?

Staying out of this I'm not a big boy. But that right there is hot garbage.

Training and playing an NRL match are extremely different. I'm sure you don't believe what you wrote in this post.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Staying out of this I'm not a big boy. But that right there is hot garbage.

Training and playing an NRL match are extremely different. I'm sure you don't believe what you wrote in this post.
Love this.

you say it’s Red hot garbage and then make a point less comment that’s not in line with what I said.

Soni Luke’s current rule, doesn’t require him to play big minutes in order to be prepared.

He trains every week against a very good team, that is enough. For his “Current role”.

Fangs

Coach
Love this.

you say it’s Red hot garbage and then make a point less comment that’s not in line with what I said.

Soni Luke’s current rule, doesn’t require him to play big minutes in order to be prepared.

He trains every week against a very good team, that is enough. For his “Current role”.

Training takes you a long way. It doesn't replace time on the field in a real match.

Whether it's 7 minutes or 70 it's more beneficial than the training paddock.

Girds89

Bench
Love this.

And if kenny geta a hia and is gone in the first 5 mins of a final and luke has to play 75mins?????

Your logic is so soo soo far off the mark haha..

The fact you think him training is enough to be prepared is laughable...

Anyone worth anything whose done anything in the game would know training only goes so far. The best form of preparation is playing...

I domt even know if your being serious such is the stupidty of the argument

Fangs

Coach
A lot of comments about Kenny's improvement.

It's not entirely surprising. He is playing much longer minutes this year on a consistent basis.

Latest posts