What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R25 - Gameday Warriors v Manly

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Guess Meth will have plenty of ammo to put the boot into Ford again. Cant really argue. He was a penalty magnet.
Got through a ton of work as usual though. Montoya the obvious DM. Also Bunty, if you role is primarily about the opening minutes you can’t make multiple stuff ups in that period.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
That was a crazy game. We looked slick as at times, sloppy at others and Manly really threw the kitchen sink at us. Some head scratching calls and some downright bizarre moments.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I can’t believe anyone thinks that Garrick tackle is a penalty. CNK is trying to make a normal tackle and a bloke tries the high jump for no reason. Irrespective of the outcome, isn’t the guy launching himself into the air in the middle of a footy game to blame? It’s clearly a defensive manoeuvre to discourage tacklers, and the game allows that for catching the ball on the full.
Yeah at the end of the day the only onus on CNK was not to put Garrick into a dangerous position (ie tip him past the horizontal). He didn’t, he took out his legs sure but he landed flat on his back. Probably knocked the wind out of him but not dangerous.

Blair

Coach
That was a crazy game. We looked slick as at times, sloppy at others and Manly really threw the kitchen sink at us. Some head scratching calls and some downright bizarre moments.
We'd lose that at Brookvale. I could hear the crowd handing us that narrow win. Thank God we're home.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
What I don’t get is Montoya’s cranium got absolutely pulverised when he was almost standing still and no-one cares? If CNK has done something wrong by trying to make a normal tackle then surely the flying headbutt is something too?

12 v 12 if it’s Union that’s for sure
Yeah there was clear contact with the head there- I thought it was a penalty at least (sufficient I’d say as it was clearly accidental and not careless/reckless, but still the onus is on the tackler there)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
We'll lose.
But honestly think about where we are now compared to the preseason. I reckon all of us would’ve been super happy with just being a competitive team and making the bottom half of the 8. We’ve gone a step better than that, I’m not exactly cut that there are 2-3 teams still on a level above us. It’s still a meteoric rise from where we were. I just hope we don’t do a Cowboys/Parra next year.

Leber

Bench
We are a great team. But, we arent winning the comp with Montoya and pompey.

Got a few good clutch players tho. CNK, SJ, DWZ, All great.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I can’t believe anyone thinks that Garrick tackle is a penalty. CNK is trying to make a normal tackle and a bloke tries the high jump for no reason. Irrespective of the outcome, isn’t the guy launching himself into the air in the middle of a footy game to blame? It’s clearly a defensive manoeuvre to discourage tacklers, and the game allows that for catching the ball on the full.
Yeah fair point.

I just think it SHOULD be a penalty. Had the shoe been on the other foot and it was CNK that got taken out like that, I'd be fuming.

You make a good point about the bouncing ball and the person choosing to jump and catch it to discourage tacklers.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
But honestly think about where we are now compared to the preseason. I reckon all of us would’ve been super happy with just being a competitive team and making the bottom half of the 8. We’ve gone a step better than that, I’m not exactly cut that there are 2-3 teams still on a level above us. It’s still a meteoric rise from where we were. I just hope we don’t do a Cowboys/Parra next year.
Oh I'm very happy with where we are. Players still piss me off but I'm 100% behind each and every player.

Still, Penrith looks like a sure thing.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah at the end of the day the only onus on CNK was not to put Garrick into a dangerous position (ie tip him past the horizontal). He didn’t, he took out his legs sure but he landed flat on his back. Probably knocked the wind out of him but not dangerous.

On the other side you probably argue that CNK having absolutely no control over the tackle does put Garrick into a dangerous position and doesn’t cover the duty of care factor for the tackler

I’m not sure either way tbh

Seibold has gone off in the press conference

Last edited:

nswarrior

Juniors
Super happy to be where we are. It’s one of our best seasons ever BUT

we have seen the team play better and seem to have gone backwards in the last month. Still winning though and hope we can lift in the finals

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
We are a great team. But, we arent winning the comp with Montoya and pompey.

Got a few good clutch players tho. CNK, SJ, DWZ, All great.
We have RTS next year and Leiataua looks like a great prospect. The future is bright!

I also think Montoya could have improvement in him. Pompey is probably at his ceiling already, which is no insult to him, he’s one of those guys with limited natural talent who works hard and has made the most of it.

I mean who’s have thought we’d be watching the Chooks and Parra scrap it out for a spot well below us tonight?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
On the other side you probably argue that CNK having absolutely no control over the tackle does put Garrick into a dangerous position and doesn’t cover the duty of care factor for the tackler

I’m not sure either way tbh
I think if he’d gone on with it with more intent it’d be been penalised- but that probably would’ve resulted in him going past the horizontal. He grabbed at the leg but didn’t do it with any real force.

Leber

Bench
We have RTS next year and Leiataua looks like a great prospect. The future is bright!

I mean who’s have thought we’d be watching the Chooks and Parra scrap it out for a spot well below us tonight?
Yea a leitaua/RTS left hand side would be better than what we had tonight.

Latest posts