What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

MugaB

Coach
This is certainly a take.
I share hs sentiments all you guys are doing is shittng on all bids, and attack each other over it, it's basically not what the expansion threads should be about, who cares if the bears hadn't won since 22, parra hasn't since '86, I would've been 6 then, I don't really care either, but all these threads seem to be derailment of what's great about expansion, more teams in areas that don't generally have nrl presence. It's getting to point where we actually might need a moderator, the trolls are rampant after this magic weekend of revelations

Last edited:
Of course he said that. He needs those on the ground floor to decide to partner with the Bears.

If that is done. The Bears will get in, TV will want the viewers for the Perth East coast games.

The league will want the pathways.

What the non Bears bid can do is find a partner to do that as part of the Business case
The reality is a standalone Perth-based team is worth nothing to FTA. Thursday night games in Perth are out of the question due to kick off being at 6pm.

If it wishes to have a Friday home game screened on Ch9 then kick off will be at 6pm. While it's possible to do this on a Friday, it's terrible for attendances and will be competing with the 6pm news for viewers in a parochial fumbleball market.

No one on the east coast will care about the team unless it is winning.

It makes sense giving a Perth-based team a brand like the Bears so it can have relevance to FTA viewers on the east coast.

Wb1234

Referee
The negative WA guys on here are in the minority, these guys want this, want that, some dope even asked who the coach would be ffs.
You guys would surely have to be single.
Single and not by choice
The reality is a standalone Perth-based team is worth nothing to FTA. Thursday night games in Perth are out of the question due to kick off being at 6pm.

If it wishes to have a Friday home game screened on Ch9 then kick off will be at 6pm. While it's possible to do this on a Friday, it's terrible for attendances and will be competing with the 6pm news for viewers in a parochial fumbleball market.

No one on the east coast will care about the team unless it is winning.

It makes sense giving a Perth-based team a brand like the Bears so it can have relevance to FTA viewers on the east coast.
Worth nothing to Fox too

Perth Red

Post Whore
That’s why V’Landys called all the club executives together during Magic Round to discuss the PNG option. Nick Politis loves the Bears and V’Landys looks up to Politis.
Can you read? I said they don’t get to pick which bid. The nrl does that then presents their choice to the clubs for acceptance, bribes in hand.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Serious question for the W.A. brigade, where will their headquarters potentially be based ?.
Perth City ?, near HBF Park ?, Scarborough ?, the Pilbara ?.
What location would best suit a NRL league franchise ?.
I expect the govt to build them a centre, possibly in the bold park area where they have numerous other sports centres. Nice area, big park, next to city beach, millionaire houses for the cashed up players and coach.
IMG_1851.jpeg

Maximus

Coach
The negative WA guys on here are in the minority, these guys want this, want that, some dope even asked who the coach would be ffs.
You guys would surely have to be single.

You're the guy who stalks people who played 30+ years ago so you can harass them while they try to live their life.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Can you read? I said they don’t get to pick which bid. The nrl does that then presents their choice to the clubs for acceptance, bribes in hand.
The ARLC will not move forward without an overwhelming yes vote from the majority of its current clubs, yes there will be softeners thrown in but what Uncle Nick wants, Uncle Nick gets, that’s why there was no Central Coast Bears.

Centy Coast

Juniors
You're the guy who stalks people who played 30+ years ago so you can harass them while they try to live their life.
I can’t help it if former legends of the game live close to me in a rugby league heartland that is continuously ignored.
I only personally know a few of them like Greg Florimo, Dave Fairleigh, Brett Kenny, Steve Ella, Mark O’Meley and Michael Buettner, as for the others I only know of them from their playing days.

Last edited:

Pippen94

First Grade

Pippen94

First Grade
I share hs sentiments all you guys are doing is shittng on all bids, and attack each other over it, it's basically not what the expansion threads should be about, who cares if the bears hadn't one since 22, parra hasn't since '86, I would've been 6 then, I don't really care either, but all these threads seem to be derailment of what's great about expansion, more teams in areas that don't generally have nrl presence. It's getting to point where we actually might need a moderator, the trolls are rampant after this magic weekend of revelations

Expansion is the increase of teams. Doesn't mean more teams in other areas. As long as discourse is civil, there should be room for different opinion.