What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ride Em Cowboy

soc123_au

Staff member
Your Dad sounds like a legend. I’d love have a beer with him a listen to a few stories!
Yeah, he is great bloke. Some of the stories are a tough listen. Some funny ones as well though. He was pretty well respected by the bad guys too, they knew he was down the line. I remember hearing from one of the local baddies who was the older brother of one of my mates that he was picked up one night for some petty shit and when he got to the station he took off. Not out the door, but looking for the old man to arrest him instead of the ones that had him. He knew the old man wouldn't allow him to cop a flogging in the cells. I asked Dad about it and he laughed and reckoned it happened a lot. In this case the arrest had already been made, but he still made sure that there were no floggings that night.

snickers007

Juniors
So not only have we finished as the top defensive team (13pts per game), but unless the Sharks score 51+ tomorrow we'll also be the top attacking team (26.875pts per game). Least amount of players used as well (27).

Incredible effort all round. Adding Kenny and Sorro back into the team, we're gonna be very hard to beat.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Yeah, he is great bloke. Some of the stories are a tough listen. Some funny ones as well though. He was pretty well respected by the bad guys too, they knew he was down the line. I remember hearing from one of the local baddies who was the older brother of one of my mates that he was picked up one night for some petty shit and when he got to the station he took off. Not out the door, but looking for the old man to arrest him instead of the ones that had him. He knew the old man wouldn't allow him to cop a flogging in the cells. I asked Dad about it and he laughed and reckoned it happened a lot. In this case the arrest had already been made, but he still made sure that there were no floggings that night.
So good, I love hearing stories from back then!

It’s a tough Job, I sincerely hope you Dad is getting some help, it’s a horrible bloody disease and a huge sacrifice to make for your community. I really wish there was more that could be done.

soc123_au

Staff member
Sommerton looks a good prospect. Maybe runs a little bit too much if anything, an off season spent on defence and he could be an option going forward.

The only downer about tonight for me is the games we get to see Critta in black are coming to an end. He has been so good this year.

Kilkenny

Coach
You are one of a kind
A good YOUNG hooker who doesn't sexually assault the opponent.

Seeeeee ya Soni you weak merkin

You are one of a kind,.

Only you could come on here after the statement we made in that 40 minutes and make such a statement.

You have serious issues mate.

soc123_au

Staff member
So good, I love hearing stories from back then!

It’s a tough Job, I sincerely hope you Dad is getting some help, it’s a horrible bloody disease and a huge sacrifice to make for your community. I really wish there was more that could be done.
He has had some help with how to handle it. He isn't afraid to talk about it, so I think that helps. He is pretty good most of the time, just has it pop up here and there, mostly waking in the middle of the night after re living it in a dream. The counseling back in the day was pretty much "toughen up or f**k off" I think it's a bit far the other way now, but the old way was pretty bad.

murraymob

Coach
I think the broncos played the game of chess resting players believing Cleary would do the same.
Giving them the minor premiership.But Ivan not only does not rest but also wins the game giving us the game against the warriors
Kevin check

Latest posts