What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Dragon David

First Grade
Yep Lucie is officially coming home. A good deal for us. Betting we were always his club of choice having grown up here, so when he realized he needed to back down on his original asking price he was ready to accept whatever we were offering. Only @500K the first season and then less than 700K the remainder. Welcome back Lucie or is he now better known as Luc or Luke. Whatever the name he will be a huge attacking asset on our edge.
Yep. Flanno wants him on the edge to improve our attack and use others to back him up. As an edge forward he is fast, hard to tackle and has an offload. Young will make sure his defence is better as well. He is also good at backing up and can be like a centre to support the 5/8th. We have been missing a guy like LL in our team and now that we have him, let's make good use of him.

DfL

Juniors
Seems everyone, but me wants this bloke as our starting bookend. Will need a big improvement in consistency to get my vote . Betting had he been put on the market as Musgrove was he'd have also ended up in the Super League.. perhaps. Flanno take a look at Fifita or Tuitavake instead.
I haven’t been big on him in the previous years, however, I saw enough on the weekend to see him start 10. I guess we will see if he continues to bend the line

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints certainly have more depth now than last year in the forwards. It is up to the halves now to make good use of it. No more excuses for them to not be as attacking as previous years.

Some people would like to see Kyle at 9 but I disagree as Liddle was good in the trials and was one of Saints best last year. I rate Liddle and think he will have a super year under Flanno and the much improved pack. He may even play longer minutes than we think. I hope Kyle nails the No.6 spot. I am looking at Kyle to playing a similar role to Hornby. Nothing flash but very reliable and will know exactly when to come in and out of the game to help out Hunt.

st.phil

Bench
Saints certainly have more depth now than last year in the forwards. It is up to the halves now to make good use of it. No more excuses for them to not be as attacking as previous years.

Some people would like to see Kyle at 9 but I disagree as Liddle was good in the trials and was one of Saints best last year. I rate Liddle and think he will have a super year under Flanno and the much improved pack. He may even play longer minutes than we think. I hope Kyle nails the No.6 spot. I am looking at Kyle to playing a similar role to Hornby. Nothing flash but very reliable and will know exactly when to come in and out of the game to help out Hunt.
Agree - Kyle is not flashy but more structure will benefit the team provided Bunt does not continue to overcall. You know what ya gonna get - if he can be 7/10 each week, all good. Liddle has all the skills to be a top line hooker... hoping he can do min 60 mins

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Love the luciano signing (once confirmed), he can cover middle & edge. He adds a point of difference in attack which we need. He's a big body & played well last year. He's also got a link with Sua both from Samoan team. It makes our edges dangerous & allows for us to structure our attack accordingly. He's also got confidence & little bit of arrogance which we're lacking imo. Flanno's track record of similar personality players is pretty good, look at the likes of Andrew Fafita.

It's not a long term contract either, we're not burdened by it if it goes to shit. Our future forwards still need some time to develop before playing starting or 50/60min+ roles in the senior team.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I wonder if he is a JDB replacement for the future big Luc

JDB to prop and replace FMolo?

keep Sua left and Eisenhuth right for 2024.

No13 in attack with our halves for big Luc............watch out !

what was that?.................."200% more attack than JDB at 33yrs of age.....bada da booom"

nasty !!!!!

denis preston

First Grade
Well
So with the Luc signing, this is how I would like to see the team line up going in to round 1. What would you change?

1. Lomax
2. Sloan
3. Bird
4. Suli
5. Rava
6. Marshke
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. Flanno
10. F Molo
11. Luciano
12. Sua
13. JDB
14. Liddle (on at 30 mins for flanno because we need a punch)
15. Sele
16. Eisnhuth
17. RFM or Fafita for punch
havent seen enough of Marshke To suggest he will handle full NRL games at 6. Hope he becomes a revelation as it sure would changethe dynamics of the whole side.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Love the luciano signing (once confirmed), he can cover middle & edge. He adds a point of difference in attack which we need. He's a big body & played well last year. He's also got a link with Sua both from Samoan team. It makes our edges dangerous & allows for us to structure our attack accordingly. He's also got confidence & little bit of arrogance which we're lacking imo. Flanno's track record of similar personality players is pretty good, look at the likes of Andrew Fafita.

It's not a long term contract either, we're not burdened by it if it goes to shit. Our future forwards still need some time to develop before playing starting or 50/60min+ roles in the senior team.
I think the Luch signing is the best thing for Sloan, he should follow him all game...

FlickFlano

Juniors
There is no need to move anyone .. RFM came to us because he didn’t want to become a full time middle .. Luc is an edge as well …

the pack is obvious now

5 middles - lawrie/jdb/sele/frank plus a spot to develop players with ie Fifita
2 staring edges - SuA and Leilua
1 bench utility forward who can play middle or edge - RFM or Eisenhuth

that is also a very good bunch of forwards

our spine is obviously our issue and any injury there will really hurt us .. it is where flano really needs to recruit .. our pack is quickly becoming one that a spine player would want to play behind.

We have a lock coming through just need time to get him there