What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Nu Brown is an improvement on marschke, even though we haven't seen much of marschke at 1st grade level. At worst it gives us a similar level of depth. Both were late additions to the squad, so I doubt either will be with our team post this season.

I'd recommend checking out Nu's instagram as he has some good social media content. Hopefully another way to see dragons content.
He's a better 9 than Marschke.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm pretty sure if Lomax hadn't asked for a release then the club wouldn't have explored its options, he still had 2.5 seasons to run on his contract.
I'm sure that the Dragons would have weighed up all the pros and cons for why they should either go hard and keep Lomax at the club or set him free and they have decided to let him go so they think that the cons outweigh the pros and that they would certainly have looked at what the Dragons really needs as a centre to replace him and I think they have one or two in mind that they will be negotiating very hard to get. A centre that has the ability to make a clean break nearly all of the time to set up his winger and is a good defender and be quick with a side step to boot.

We need a Stevie Rogers or Mark Gasnier type of a centre. Who that could be is what Flanno knows and will be determined to get.

Dragon David

First Grade
Interesting one now is his mate Lawrie who is also under contract until 2026.
Same flog attitude in that fletch/hindy thing .. been hooked the last two weeks as well during games.
Yep, another one that might not be on the Dragons wanted list to keep. He is a local and he has tried very hard to play in first grade but lacks quality and maybe lacks the fitness level that is needed to be a strong player for most of a match. I think that he will end up in Super League.

dungay dragon

Juniors
We have a few trolls on this forum. This is a discussion platform where we all should feel free to put forward our opinions without someone trashing those opinions. Debate yes, banter yes, but cut the trolling guys.
A FEW.............
Check the same three or four out on actual game day
some are making 10 or 15 posts during the match
Everyone on here is entitled to their opinions but some are completely over the edge with negativity and agendas
Most would agree ....
We are travelling better than last season
There is a lift in attitude and intensity
The Coach has a better repour with the squad than previous coaches
Our retention is marginally better than previous seasons BUT we are still all waiting patiently to land that premier marquee signing
Confident of further improvement in 2025 providing we can land that elusive go forward Prop and a decent 5/8 or hooker

Coffs dragon

Bench
I can take your post in three ways Coffs - one that you are being sarcastic and the others are that you are actually doing cartwheels in your living room or maybe needing to change your clothing with all the ecstatic emotions you have channeled down to that part of the body which you could not contain!!

I do hope that it is not sarcasm and that your excitement is that you are thrilled with this signing and feel that Nu Brown will help us a great deal in winning lots of games.
That’s a good summation DD and my feelings sit about middle 50/50.
I hope this signing will bring me any kind of ecstatic emotion & give hope.

Dragon David

First Grade
That’s a good summation DD and my feelings sit about middle 50/50.
I hope this signing will bring me any kind of ecstatic emotion & give hope.
Let's hope so Coffs. We have got to believe. It is the one thing that keeps us going. I know like all of us that things with the Dragons have been tough for so many years and we live with hope from year to year but we still have to believe that we will one day be what we should be and that is the best team in the comp for say a couple of years at least.

Eventually I feel sure that we will be signing the players that are really decent and that will bring back a lot of positiveness amongst us.

TheRev

First Grade
Its not a marquee I was hoping to jag with our 30th spot (but we can always pay our MaxF if we needed another position), but its the sort of body that we desperately needed to provide coverage for 6/7/9/14, we have been so lucky with injuries thus far.. the other spot I worry about is fullback.. surely MattF isnt coming up, so that leaves Lomax covering wing/ctr/fullback.

I really hope Brown plays Cup on saturday (its on nswrltv also), I know he hasnt trained properly yet, but Id like to get a sense for how he looks in 2024.. and I get the feeling Mulheissen is on the way out assumably also.. HFinau I dunno.. I dont think you can be an exclusive #14.. I think these guys are killing time until/if/when we can find better.

st.phil

Bench
huge signing for the warriors - I can't see us pulling off anything in this stratosphere.

I'd be getting this Loko Pasifiki-Tonga into KOE after SG cup winds up with a view to being in top squad next year

he's only 18 but look at that giant kid from broncos - size won't be an issue I presume it will be all fitness, guarantee he'll make more of an impact that blocker within weeks of getting a go! We can't recruit established talent of this quality - gotta be pathways

Dragon David

First Grade
huge signing for the warriors - I can't see us pulling off anything in this stratosphere.

I'd be getting this Loko Pasifiki-Tonga into KOE after SG cup winds up with a view to being in top squad next year

he's only 18 but look at that giant kid from broncos - size won't be an issue I presume it will be all fitness, guarantee he'll make more of an impact that blocker within weeks of getting a go! We can't recruit established talent of this quality - gotta be pathways
He is the one that has to be developed and given the real chance of progressing to the NRL first grade. He shows much more ability than two Blockas. Very young but with so much ability and potential. If he is locked up by the Dragons then in a couple of years, we will have our big man. I know that we have money in our cap to sign some big guys and some fast backs but I know that we also have plenty of young talent coming through the system and it will be pleasing to see them get their chance to play first grade one day.

TruSaint

Referee
I remember the last time we made a mid-season signing of a current NZ international hooker/utility who'd just won world cup and sought a release from his club. That dude was 30 years old at the time. Turned out alright :)

r0_0_3807_2501_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

To think Nathan was out for most of the 2010 season, coming back a few weeks before the finals. He was a gutsy and very smart player. Played out of his skin for us.

matPORTS

Juniors
Panthers going after Stefano Utoikamanu to replace JFH. Apparently Stefano has some fancy release clause that can be activated if the Tigers don't make the finals.

This also puts a spanner in the works with our potential recruitment of Turuva. Going by our past history, I'm going to put the red felt pen through this one.

I'm not opposed to going all in to get Josh Schuster, and get him working with Andrew Gray & Dan Lawson as soon as possible. I'd be surprised if Flanno doesn't have his eye on this situation, given his work with Manly last year.

Latest posts