What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R23 Sat :: Raiders 24 Dragons 12 @ Canberra

Round 23 :: Raiders v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason Maher

Immortal
Two can play at this game: When the Dragons have a day off, they are the best team in the NRL. When they play to their potential, well... :p

Firey_Dragon

Coach
You know last season the Raiders beat the Dragons 19-12 I think and I am sure they were 7 in a row up until then as well.
I wouldn't have called us in great form then though. We had a reasonably blessed run with easy opposition / origin. This year it's been the opposite, we've suffered a number of key injuries, had a heavy origin toll and still come through it.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Poore gets off, yet Scott gets outed for one week? Can someone please explain to me how Prior and Scott's offense was worse than Poore's? Personally I didn't think there was much in either, but surely if one of the two incidents was worth a week, it was Poore's...?

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm a fan of Justin Poore (well I was untill his little origin incident with Price) but him getting off is just embarrasing for our game. His tackle was disgusting, it's the most dangerous type of tackle in the game and the fact he is available this month is a disgrace - never mind the Raiders game - he should be out for at least 3.

dragondad

First Grade
Poore did get found guilty,but for a Grade 1 which was 93 points.He didn't get found Not Guilty.

skeepe

Immortal
Poore did get found guilty,but for a Grade 1 which was 93 points.He didn't get found Not Guilty.

Tom Learoyd-Lahrs was suspended for 7 matches for a similar tackle. I don't believe he had any priors either, although I'm happy to be corrected on that one.

Years back, Simon Woolford was suspended for 8 matches for a tackle nowhere near as bad as Poore's.

I seriously cannot believe that they accepted the defence that Elford was to blame. He spear tackled himself did he?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs was suspended for 7 matches for a similar tackle. I don't believe he had any priors either, although I'm happy to be corrected on that one.

Years back, Simon Woolford was suspended for 8 matches for a tackle nowhere near as bad as Poore's.

I seriously cannot believe that they accepted the defence that Elford was to blame. He spear tackled himself did he?
To be fair, it was Shane Elford. He does have a face you just want to drive into the ground.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Super hyped for this game.
I actually like the Drags and always enjoy the games against them. Looking forward to seeing Dell in action again as well.
I hope the Drags are as cocky as their fans. If they come in thinking they've already won we will smash em.

Raiders by 20 with Vidot bagging a double :D

dragondad

First Grade
I think this might be our loss coming into the semis.We have such a bad record against Canberra.

Although this year we have broken hoodoos vs Storm,Tigers,Bulldogs,Eels....

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Two more weeks before you might be able to cast aside that Knights sig ey Skeepe? ;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think this might be our loss coming into the semis.We have such a bad record against Canberra.

Although this year we have broken hoodoos vs Storm,Tigers,Bulldogs,Eels....
Bulldogs? :lol: I'd hardly call that breaking a hoodoo :lol: