What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Sat | Cowboys 28-20 Panthers | Dairy Farmers

Result: Cowboys v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mxlegend99

Referee
That wouldn't even crack the top 50... just check out a few of the Raiders loss threads to see what a whinge is.

Ianc

Juniors
Kick from Cowboys into a penrith player, not played at....ricochette one metre backwards. Penrith player away in space. Called back by the officials for offside. Cowboys score in the next couple of sets.

Thurston cut out pass on their 40 metre line. Cowboy winger receives the pass 3 metres in front of their 40m line. Not called forward.

Two crucial decisions resulting in a 24 point turn around.

Also Cowboys standing off side for the bulk of the 2nd half. We were clearly the better side. Cruelled again by sub standard refereeing.

Ref ruled he didn't play at it but your centre did after the ricochet, he hit it with his foot as he tried to kick it.

No way should Lewis' 2nd try have been given.

I have tried not to bag refs as much, but they have wrecked games these first 2 rounds. Way too many nick picky penalties. Teams aren't getting a roll on because of all the stoppages. It hurt both Panthers & Cowboys last night, neither could get into any real rhythm. Until the Cowboys in the 2nd half....:D

beave

Coach
Kick from Cowboys into a penrith player, not played at....ricochette one metre backwards. Penrith player away in space. Called back by the officials for offside. Cowboys score in the next couple of sets.

Thurston cut out pass on their 40 metre line. Cowboy winger receives the pass 3 metres in front of their 40m line. Not called forward.

Two crucial decisions resulting in a 24 point turn around.

Also Cowboys standing off side for the bulk of the 2nd half. We were clearly the better side. Cruelled again by sub standard refereeing.

obviously failed primary school physics..........

Charlie124

First Grade
That second Luke Lewis try was absolutely ridiculous. He knocked it forward into the other Panthers player and was still somehow awarded the try, even Brandy "Panthers can do no wrong" Alexander couldnt hide his shock at that decision.

Fibroman

First Grade
What the f**k!!!

Two decisions resulted in a 24 point turnaround??

Thats probably the biggest whinge EVER on this site

I love a good whinge. I get sick of the referees whistle changing the momentum of the game.

Cowboys were the better side for the last 30 minutes, but the game was turned into a game of touch football by the refs blowing up penalties every 5 minutes. Joke.

Fibroman

First Grade
obviously failed primary school physics..........

Maybe if Thurston was running forwards, but he was running sideways, and hence the laws of physics say that the ball was travelling sideways with Thurston and then travelled forwards to the Cowgirls winger.

Fibroman

First Grade
Ref ruled he didn't play at it but your centre did after the ricochet, he hit it with his foot as he tried to kick it.

No way should Lewis' 2nd try have been given.

I have tried not to bag refs as much, but they have wrecked games these first 2 rounds. Way too many nick picky penalties. Teams aren't getting a roll on because of all the stoppages. It hurt both Panthers & Cowboys last night, neither could get into any real rhythm. Until the Cowboys in the 2nd half....:D

Fingernail-ball-blade of grass = downward pressure. Lewis try = correct decision under those conditions.

beave

Coach
Maybe if Thurston was running forwards, but he was running sideways, and hence the laws of physics say that the ball was travelling sideways with Thurston and then travelled forwards to the Cowgirls winger.

mate you are full of $hit, he was running forward and slightly to his left. You got beaten fair and square.

Instead of b!tching about the reffing (you got some good calls yourself along with some bad ones) concentrate on bagging out your own players and their inability to control the game in the 2nd half.

mxlegend99

Referee
That second Luke Lewis try was absolutely ridiculous. He knocked it forward into the other Panthers player and was still somehow awarded the try, even Brandy "Panthers can do no wrong" Alexander couldnt hide his shock at that decision.
The second he touched it that was a try... the ball was already on the ground and a finger to the ball no matter how briefly it touches is a try if the ball is grounded. He can't knock on in that scenario.

Although IMO the try should have been awarded to Coote, not Lewis as you couldn't even tell if he definitely touched it... it looked like he did but the angle could have made his hand look closer to the ball then it was. Either way, that was definitely a try according to the rulebook.

Fibroman

First Grade
mate you are full of $hit, he was running forward and slightly to his left. You got beaten fair and square.

Instead of b!tching about the reffing (you got some good calls yourself along with some bad ones) concentrate on bagging out your own players and their inability to control the game in the 2nd half.

Beaten fair and square by the refs allowing crowd penalties. Penrith were the better side for 50 mins, and Cowgirls for 30. That's it. Cop it on the chin.

mxlegend99

Referee
Fibro while the referees changed the momentum of the game and made it a bit easier, the Panthers still stopped defending for 30 minutes and that's why they lost the game. A decent team would have put those decisions behind them and kept doing what they had done in the first half. We were in a position to win despite those decisions and lost.

There's no way that the Storm or Dragons would have switched off like that.

beave

Coach
Beaten fair and square by the refs allowing crowd penalties. Penrith were the better side for 50 mins, and Cowgirls for 30. That's it. Cop it on the chin.

hahaha, i don't have to cop FA on the chin, my team won, yours lost. If by your logic you were the better team for the majority of the game and still lost, your team has massive problems.

Fibroman

First Grade
hahaha, i don't have to cop FA on the chin, my team won, yours lost. If by your logic you were the better team for the majority of the game and still lost, your team has massive problems.

You have massive problems, gymp, like those whistle happy gymps they call referees.

Kilkenny

Coach
Just got back from the A-League Grand Final in Melbourne. Sadly while watching Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory Mrs Kilkenny kept me updated with progress scores of the debacle in Townsville. Was pretty smug when up by 12 in the second half but not surprisingly we self destructed yet again. Mrs Kilkenny does often use the 'f' word but by the end of the game the tone of her texts were less than complimentary to our team to say the least. Will definitely NOT be watching the reply and if her current attitude is anything to go by I may not be attending the next home against the Storm so pissed off is Mrs Kilkenny.

Latest posts