What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons fight for young star -

The Dragons may have to do what the knights are doing now and just flood the squad with young players and assume they will have to endure some pain for the good of the clubs future.

This is all under the assumption Mary is gone and thats a big if but needs to be.

If Creagh retires
Marshall, Thompson, Rein, Marketo and Quinlan are not retained
Cooper gone
Mata'Utia and Ikahihfo released
Lafai and Havili are sacked
Farrell already retired

Thats eases the cap

Having already retained Herbert, Sele and Garrick
They then could keep leuila and Dufty
Actually develop Tom Carr who imo could be anything
Promote Lawrie, I Thompson, Taufa and leatigaga into the top 30 players

Look for any good english players James Green has been mentioned

Sign a promising player like Kerr from the Storm

Maybe offer contracts to the better Cutters players like Sironen, Coster, Dodd.

GKJ79

Juniors
GK your frothing at the mouth, deep breaths! Of course I get it, what im telling you is that leilua wont be playing first grade at the Dogs, but I reckon Leilua will be paid better & be in 1st grade for short stints next season if he stays put.. of course there are pros and cons for the decision to stay with your junior club.. but the club will bounce back and mary's days are numbered, I doubt Leilua will see much of him at all, its just a question of how soon it happens.

TheRev,
I hope you are right, the scary part is, we are supposedly broke, have a shit coach, have missed out on signing quality players that were available, and then gone and spent the money on poor quality players, that no other club wanted, Honestly there's not much incentive there for Leilua to sign at the moment is there? But the dogs already have a good, coach, players, are not going to be in a rebuilding phase like us, and will probably offer him plenty of $$$, just like the sharks did with Jack Bird, and the sad part is Rev, Its probably going to take more blunders like this from Doust, and Mcgregor for anything to change, honestly, this young kid should have already been re signed, the club should never have given the Dogs or anyone else the chance to steal him from us, should they? And that's what really f**ks me off.

Dragsters

First Grade
yeah im sure Leilua wants to play for us because, we are so shit that there is little opposition for a spot, playing for a pack of losers, with a shit coach, will definitely be his main priority.

Do think this really helps?

These young player would all read this forum and statements like this can only damage their prospects of wanting to stay.

monsterkev

Juniors
let him go he will be a far better player under hasler
who the f**k would want to be coached by dickhead mcgregor everyone becomes an even more shit player under hum

GKJ79

Juniors

These young player would all read this forum and statements like this can only damage their prospects of wanting to stay.

Statements like this might finally wake people the f**k up, Doust, Mcgregor are you listening? it is you that are damaging the prospects of these players wanting to stay, not me, i just speak the truth, its funny that some round here refuse to accept the truth, and are in denial, sorry to say Dragsters, but it wont be my fault if Leilua leaves, you can blame Doust and co...for that one. If you were Leilua Dragsters, in the current situation, what would you do?

duck

Juniors
Actually develop Tom Carr who imo could be anything
This is the one that astounds me. Every time I've seen this guy in a game or just a highlight video he comes across as a special talent.
Rangy fast smart skilful player.

I just don't get it.

we were chasing peter wallace to
but hes resigned with panthers
cant even sign 2nd rate players now
Wallace lol give me a break he would be another McCrone signing.

They have Robson who is a very good young player with so much upside and Allouche who i like and he also offers something different.

Hell i would give Coster a go before Wallace and with Havili possibly gone (Good riddens to) Coster will start at 9 and Wallace can back him up.

This is the one that astounds me. Every time I've seen this guy in a game or just a highlight video he comes across as a special talent.
Rangy fast smart skilful player.

I just don't get it.
Duck it is the Shannon Crook situation all over again.

He came back from a serious injury to get f**ked around by Logan who was a bigger wanker then Mary.

Carr has never been given a decent oppurtunity and his development has stalled badly and its a surprise JD hasn't picked him more but theres more to this story then meets the eye.

Bad attitude?
Not at all.

Tom has a great attitude and a terrific work ethic.

This is just some info i was told how true it is hard to say but a certain first grade coach now seems to think he offers nothing and rather stick with an injury prone yet talented winger in Glymin and a talented yet lazy footballer in Thompson.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I read somewhere that they wanted Carr to build up as they thought his frame was a bit slight perhaps similar to Dufty. It seems like Mary is a bit of a lone wolf and
ignores the other three coaches.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors

I think these young blokes don't need to read this forum to know how disgraceful the club situation is. We need this forum to speak the truth so we can generate enough power to build a revolution.

It's Time for change.

GKJ79

Juniors
I think these young blokes don't need to read this forum to know how disgraceful the club situation is. We need this forum to speak the truth so we can generate enough power to build a revolution.

It's Time for change.

Theres a protest thread, we all want the same, could easily get hundreds to gather outside the leagues club, and all have our say, got about 4 that said they would come, pretty f**kin disappointing, the usual excuses, it wont do anything, no point, they won't sack Doust, blah blah blah, but so called supporters whinge about comment's, THE TRUTH not helping, or doing any good, go figure, anyway, i will put up a date for the protest, I will make my banner, go to the front of the leagues club, and then at least I will sleep at night knowing im not just some plastic keyboard warrior, that's happy to keep typing away, about how shit things are, but not willing to get off my ass, and at least try something, after the latest incident, its the perfect time for the fans to get out in the public eye. A big push from the Dragons fans will definitely help the cause.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Theres a protest thread, we all want the same, could easily get hundreds to gather outside the leagues club, and all have our say, got about 4 that said they would come, pretty f**kin disappointing, the usual excuses, it wont do anything, no point, they won't sack Doust, blah blah blah, but so called supporters whinge about comment's, THE TRUTH not helping, or doing any good, go figure, anyway, i will put up a date for the protest, I will make my banner, go to the front of the leagues club, and then at least I will sleep at night knowing im not just some plastic keyboard warrior, that's happy to keep typing away, about how shit things are, but not willing to get off my ass, and at least try something, after the latest incident, its the perfect time for the fans to get out in the public eye. A big push from the Dragons fans will definitely help the cause.

I agree we need to become active. Not all of us are in Sydney or mobile to attend the club but that is one (of many ways) we should be active. We need a leader who can rally the masses. I don't know who can step up to such a challenge as it needs a R2K style campaign. I personally would like to see a US presidential style campaign - we need a leader, a name (I like save our saints - SOS) we need fund raising, a dedicated website and a written statement by SOS.

Thoughts? Maybe we start a dedicate thread?

Old Timer

Coach
The Rev
There is no certainty than any juniors will get a crack at first grade next year if Mary is here.

If we hold onto the same crap as we already have on the roster the exact same issues we have now will be there next year.

The issue is we are still mucking about with who we might get from other clubs as fill ins and also about who we might keep Benji, JT etc.

Other clubs like the Dogs are making definitive statements about their roster and providing a clear tradition to attract ours and other teams juniors.

Our team should be making definitive statements like

The following players will not be resigned form the current roster and the following juniors will have their contracts upgraded to NRL status.

The time to make these statements and arrangements is right now not in 8 weeks time.

Bench
Agreed OT there are to many rumours, why don't they deny all that crap and give us poor suffering supporters something which gives us some hope for the future, signing some of the juniors would also give them indication that the club is moving forward

nrlnrl

First Grade
Leilua reminds me a bit of Robert Stone. He is quite mobile, solid, is a good ball distributor, has a swerve, runs hard and is hard to stop. He must have scored a few tries this year. He is a must keep. Watch the try that Stone scored in the 1979 Grand Final which is a gem.
Do you mean in the 1977 GF replay? The late great Robert Stone scored in the 77 replay from the scrum base.

Latest posts