What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons fight for young star -

Mr Red

First Grade
Great...Thankyou Doust and co...Looks like another ones out the door. We can't match their TPA's.

They will have a heap of cash to spend if they don't re-sign TRex.
Rumours also Sam perrett might retire freeing more cash.

Vinnie

Juniors
Well Bird, Hastings now Leilua ! Look on the bright side pretty soon well can say we have the best team in the comp of players let go or lost. If this kid can't play 1st grade ahead of Marketo and others i'm confused !

Vinnie

Juniors
Time for change ! top to bottom Doust really needs a good long holiday and retirement brings that !!!!

Vinnie

Juniors
We need to get smart !!! Management needs to get smart !! I hear 1.2mill to get Norman is this wise ? 1.2 for Norman or maybe 1.5 for 2 or 3 quality players or maybe 2 quality players and keep some promising youngsters ?? (maybe this approched could have been used to keep Bird or Hastings or now Leilua) They say big name players will attract sponsorships but will Norman attract Sponsorship with his past ??? Winning games also attracts more fans at the game and sponsorship and we need more that 1 superstar to achieve that !!! So guys please lets get smart !!!

TheRev

First Grade
what on earth would Leilua do @ the dogs, they have internationals sitting on their bench already, he can however walk onto the Saints Bench next year if he trains hard over the pre-season.

northernsaint

Juniors
From what little i have seen from afar. Leilua has more potential than Williams has with his lassie backside. Not a good trade.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Which club recently missed out on signing an NRL gun due to the medical portion of their contract offer?

This player was certain to join a club struggling to recruit quality players until a rival offered full medical care for his entire family.

With the money on offer very similar, that extra incentive was enough for the player to change his mind.

I guess Fox Sports were talking about us missing out when this was written. Is giving all the members of a family coverage for all medical expenses included in the cap? Apparently not. Who was the player do you think??

_Johnsy

Referee
It smells of our recruitment team panicking and putting all our eggs in 1 maybe 2 baskets. It's prone to fail, #dragonsrecruitment # dragonsfooty #pulledtheirpantsdown

St Tangles

Bench
Which club recently missed out on signing an NRL gun due to the medical portion of their contract offer?

This player was certain to join a club struggling to recruit quality players until a rival offered full medical care for his entire family.

With the money on offer very similar, that extra incentive was enough for the player to change his mind.

I guess Fox Sports were talking about us missing out when this was written. Is giving all the members of a family coverage for all medical expenses included in the cap? Apparently not. Who was the player do you think??
I read that and thought it could be us as well

Bench
He has talent and should be signed now, otherwise he is gonna walk to a club that gives juniors a chance to play first grade

Lethal25

Juniors
This guy is equal to Jack Bird in terms of ability, we've all seen how that's gone. It would be borderline negligence to not sign him

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors

From the NRL website, medical expenses are not included in the cap but must be approved by the NRL. I can't believe we wouldn't include immediate family's medical expenses if that was all the sticking point was. I would have thought that would be $1000 max.

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
what on earth would Leilua do @ the dogs, they have internationals sitting on their bench already, he can however walk onto the Saints Bench next year if he trains hard over the pre-season.
Leilua maybe still lives in Sydney. Played for Hurstville United. Good enough reason to switch to Belmore. No travelling eh!!! Plenty of Pacific Islanders there.

Lancelot:cool:

Were to busy day dreaming about Norman, Hayne and the like and we'll just let another gun slip out the door. Then we will end up with Trex and shit house Farah on massive overs.