What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | AAMI CvC | Fri | Country 18-12 City | Lavington SG, Albury

CvC: COU v CIT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nqcowboy87

Bench
jeez you think the nswrl could have sprung for at least a temporary commentary box like the ones they had in newcastle last year

Jason Maher

Immortal
Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh shit!!!! Please, please let Soward's injury be only a strain. His absence will hurt us, especially with Boyd also out.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
jeez you think the nswrl could have sprung for at least a temporary commentary box like the ones they had in newcastle last year
NSWRL? This fixture is usually managed by Country RL.

Furthermore, last years game was Port Macquarie, which was recently upgraded and had a broadcast box.

Even furthermore, Ausgrid/EAS's temporary comm/media boxes were put in place by the venue and had nothing to do with NSWRL or NRL.

boxhead

First Grade
From what I've seen, Hayne was definitely the better fullback.
Before anyone jumps down my throat for having this opinion, I watched 60 minutes of the game but drifted in and out, which is why I said "from what I've seen".

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hayne vs Dugan tonight proved either Michael Gordon, Josh Morris or an underdone Brett Stewart are all better options.

JMO

boxhead

First Grade
I agree with that Timmah, forgot to mention that neither of them were that good anyway. Mick Gordon is definitely the in-form player of the three, but because we all know that Stuart will only pick the media darlings, he'll go for Dugan or Hayne obviously.

I think after tonight, and based on past form, my ideal back-line would be (I might have their numbers/sides mixed up);

1. Gordon
2. Morris
3. Gasnier
4. Idris
5. Uate
6. Soward (if fit)/Mullen
7. Mullen (based on Soward's injury)/Pearce

Neither Hayne or Dugan would make my Origin side after tonight and based on their performances throughout the season.

Forward pack....hmmm I'm leaning to this;

8. Snowden
9. Farah
10. Leahroyd-Lahrs
11. One of Stewart/Dwyer/Watmough
12. Bird
13. Gallen

Definitely need to see Aiden Tolman and Tim Mannah in the side somewhere, definitely the two best young props in the game at the moment.
Not really settled on the back-row because of Lewis being injured and Watmough having a bit of a tough time.

Last edited: